Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
But I can't find any info on how to care for the louffas. Do we rinse them after every use? Or wash them with mild soap? Do we sanitize periodically (like with washing in very hot water, or boiling them briefly, etc.)? I emailed the Maggio spa about this yesterday, but have yet to hear from them. As I'm using the things this weekend I'd like to know.

Anyone know about recommended care protocols?

Yubs ~ Just rinse the louffas and air dry once a week. I usually put mine in the sun. That is all they need. The facial beauty mitt and the bamboo facial mitt are a different story ~ they need to be washed in mild soap and water and air dried. Aprile Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered my kit (with an extra mitt - thanks for the tip, ladies). I am stupidly excited about this!

Will likely take a while to arrive here in the UK, but can't wait to start using it.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I've just ordered my kit (with an extra mitt - thanks for the tip, ladies). I am stupidly excited about this!

Will likely take a while to arrive here in the UK, but can't wait to start using it.

You have every right to be stupidly excited about this....and trust me..... we were all stupidly excited too! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing That is cute Toby. Majorb - hope it comes quick!!!

I love my sisal mitt soooo much. It's wonderful. So much better than a brush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Ah, how good it is to know like-minded people! I wouldn't dare tell anyone else I know how overjoyed I am to have ordered a DVD and a bunch of sisal! Laughing
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Ordering the No Lipo Lipo and the louffas is the single best thing I have done for myself in AGES, and one of the best tips to come out of EDS yet! I dry brushed my entire bod today for the first time, and I cannot describe how good it felt. Almost as good as someone giving me a massage.

You former dry brush users were right...these sisal louffas have got it all over the old Yerba Prima dry brush. I've tried using a brush off and on since about 1986, and I never liked it. The thing hurt, and it simply wasn't conducive to making dry brushing a part of my self-care routine. But the louffas I'm looking forward to using once per day. They are FANTASTIC, even if it did take me about 20 minutes (I did 40 strokes per area) and gave me quite the upper-arm workout. Hopefully as I get better at it, it will take less time and my arms will get into better shape. Razz

TheresaMary, thanks so much for starting this thread! Very Happy And thanks, Aprile, for the louffa care tips!
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am hoping my shoulders acclimate to the workout. They get so tired and achy! More so than other parts of my arms. Could be the stupid tendonitis thing...
Maybe I am trying to go throught it too fast.
I don't think i'm putting too much pressure. I stopped bruising.
Maybe I need to relax and do it slower instead of being in such a rush.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I measured myself this morning after 10 treatments. I have to say I'm disappointed. No reduction on my waist area. Very miniman reduction on my thighs, and I strongly suspect it's only because I ate less lately.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
do you see or feel a difference in yor skin yet?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking that 10 weeks of treatment at home cannot be equal to 10 weeks in CM's spa setting. Her sessions are a half hour and what we do cannot be a half hour worth - maybe half that at 15 minutes.
Plus when someone else is doing it they don't have to stretch around areas are contort to reach others and their arms are in less of a position to be tired. So the process and the outcome has to be a little better than what we can achieve so realistically for us it's more than 10 weeks and probably more than twice a week that is going to show something comparable.
What I'm saying is hang in there. Plus the look of toning does not necessarily equal inches lost. But a better look nonetheless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Ladies ~ hang in there. I understand the shoulders thing because I am going through that right now due to a bad matress and poor sleeping position! OUCH~ You might want to try different positions while dry brushing. Perhaps sitting on a bed to do your lower legs or even lying down to do your stomach. I don't necessarily think you need to be standing for all of the areas and hence hunching over your shoulders & neck the entire time. I was even thinking of using a bed rest pillow (the ones with the arms that you use to read in bed)to do my dry brushing. That way, my back is supported and my neck won't be so hunched over. Yes, the treatments in the spa are definitely going to create much quicker results, but at a much heftier price tag too! This routine will definitely reduce/eliminate the cellulite. It will take longer depending upon how severe it is. The inches will come too with time. I am definitely seeing my body become toned and I have not increased my exercise routine one bit, if anything, I have done less! Take good care, Aprile
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Hmm... perhaps I have been too impatient. Smile I was expecting a miracle. Laughing Will definitely hang in there!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I, too, have found that it takes longer...like you have to do it over several weeks or months if you have significant cellulite to see significant changes. But my cellulite was medication-induced, so I can smell the toxins stored in the cellulite coming out of my body fairly strongly when I do NLL (more so than body brushing and lots of other things), so for me, I have secondary signs that it is an effective...it just takes a long time to get good results. HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Also you've only done 10 treatments, not 10 weeks worth. I'm assuming people are doing this 2 to 3 times a week. By just going on what they tell you about endermology you normally need 20 to 30 treatments to start seeing improvements. And that is also at 30 minutes a treatment.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm just wondering if buying those rollers can replace your knuckles. My hands get tired rubbing my thighs. I'm thinking of getting one of those massagers
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
what roller FunkyDory?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
LuvToSmile wrote:
what roller FunkyDory?

I think funkydory means something like this: http://www.feelkarma.com/products/154

As I have arthritis in my hands, this kind of roller might well prove better for me. I might just try it when my NLL kit arrives.

Thanks for the idea, funkydory!
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
LuvToSmile wrote:
what roller FunkyDory?

I think funkydory means something like this: http://www.feelkarma.com/products/154

As I have arthritis in my hands, this kind of roller might well prove better for me. I might just try it when my NLL kit arrives.

It looks very cute. If you are in the US, drugstore.com sells it: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=210137&catid=10472
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Majorb and Ricayhermosa, thanks for those links. What a great looking little gadget. I have some arthritis also and the NLL method tends to fatigue me by the time I get to the thighs - which really need the attention. I think I'll get one of these things ASAP and report back. I note that they're OK to use w/lotions and oils and clean up easily with soap and water. Perfect!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:29 am      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
majorb wrote:
LuvToSmile wrote:
what roller FunkyDory?

It looks very cute. If you are in the US, drugstore.com sells it: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=210137&catid=10472

Thanks girls for posting what i meant.

I bought something like this

I was trying out the no lipo lipo on my arms and thighs and my knuckles hurt!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I would imagine if the pressure is there a roller or similar gadget would do the same as knuckles. Surprised Carole doesn't offer such a thing with her program.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies ~ I truly doubt any device could really work quite as well as your own knuckles because nothing would really dig in as well. Also, if there were something, I would think it would already be sold on the marketplace. You can really hear the popping noise if you are really applying the correct pressure while massaging the tissues and digging in with the knuckles to break up the fat. Plus, Carole wouldn't sell a gadget to do the job that she does with her own hands at her spa. In fact, when interviewed about her program, she said that the NLL program is all "hand work". She's 63 and does 10-15 of these a day at her spa. I think the main problem for some might be neck or back issues. But, if done using different positions like seated, etc. you might be able to reduce those issues. Take care, Aprile
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
No offense, but Aprile, do you work for Carole Maggio? I've been following this thread since the start, and it kinda seems like you have some vested interest in the NLL or something.

I have been doing knuckle massage on my thighs a few times a week for maybe 4 weeks now. I DON'T have the video, so am going by the videos I've seen of Carole doing the massage, as well as the description another poster gave a while back on EDS (she posted a few years ago on doing an intense and sometimes bruising massage for cellulite, before NLL came out). I don't hear any popping. I don't know that one really would hear popping. And if one did, it's highly unlikely to be the sound of cellulite breaking up. Perhaps joints complaining about the awkward position! In any event, I've not noticed any difference in my cellulite. Sometimes it seems that the one obvious crease/dimple I have been trying to be rid of has worsened. Sad And I do a very vigorous massage! 60+ "strokes" or rubs, using knuckles of both hands, and hard. And I am what somebody described as "freakishly strong". Having some real doubts about the efficacy of this program. Will continue for a while longer and see what happens...
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
No offense, but Aprile, do you work for Carole Maggio? I've been following this thread since the start, and it kinda seems like you have some vested interest in the NLL or something.

No offense taken Herama. I don't work for Carole Maggio; I'm just an enthusiastic Facerciser and NLL user. I love inexpensive, natural, safe alternatives compared to those expensive, risky techniques which you need to have performed in a dermatologists, surgeons office or even a medi spa. I happen live in NY and Carole lives in CA, nor am licensed to perform the NLL technique either. I use an oil on my thighs and when I really dig in I do hear a slight popping noise. You can break down the connective tissue and perhaps that is what the noise is that I am hearing. I want women to have hope too! You can take control of your cellulite and the shape of your body and the look of your skin as well using the louffa dry brushing technique along with the NLL. You mentioned that you are performing the NLL on yourself without the help of the dvd, and that's fine.. However, you should know that the dry brushing truly assists in the process. Also another thing Carole recommends for assisting the process is no carbs after 5 pm, especially if your cellulite is really bad. If you are one of those women, perhaps that might also speed your progress, as well as drinking 8 glasses of pure water a day and a good diet.

There's another thread that talks about the importance of diet with respect to helping with the way the skin of the face and body look. I think we often times underestimate this factor. I am not saying that you are one of those, just making a suggestion to speed your progress. But, like Sister Sweets stated I do believe that 10 treatments for some will not equal 10 spa treatments. It just can't because the intensity of the treatments in the spa are much greater and longer. I too am hoping to find a better position so that my neck doesn't bother me as I perform the NLL on myself, as my neck is always bothering me from 3 previous whiplash injuries.

Hang in there & if you aren't dry brushing ~ you should add that to your process as it truly assists, and it shows you to perform that FIRST on the dvd. Good luck! Aprile
suldrun
5% products discount

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am not around here much but here is an Update. I Have done the entire NLL routine about 6 or 7 times ( I lost count)

I am noticing a difference! My bottom seems more lifted, its like the area back there now has definition instead of just blending together into my leg ( I hope that makes sense because I am not posting pics (lol)

The tops of my knees were starting to droop and they look a lot firmer now. My celulite is markedly less noticable.
I did not measure and I am in the process of losing weight so I cannot say if it helped me lose inches but I definitly look firmer.

I am so glad I found this because I still have quite a bit more weight to lose and this is giving me hope that I will not have the sagging skin.

I look forward to hearing others results.

Smile Sul
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |