Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add that Carole's Louffa really is the best I've seen. I tried others to save money, but broke down and bought all 3 of hers. The body one is really much nicer with stronger? exfoliation and it really fits the hand well.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have that one also and the one for the face (not the bamboo - but wish I had purchased that one when I got the others.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Carole is going to be the morning show on E! network tomorrow am 6-9am. I set the DVR Smile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Tonia ~ Performing the NLL technique in the shower will not provide enough friction, nor will it allow for you to dig in as much. When you dig in more, you can break down the fibrous tissues and get to the fat!!! Best regards, Aprile

Agreed! Also, I find that you want to use some oil, but not too much oil. You need enough oil so that your hand can move over the skin without irritating it, but not too much that it glides. That way, you get an extra pull on the skin and can massage it deeper and hence stimulate more circulation. That's what has worked best for me Smile

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, even though I lurk from time to time. After reading all of the recommendations, I broke down and bought the dvd and the mitt and back strap. I've been using a regular louffa for a week or so. I've been able to tell a slight difference with it, so I'm really looking forward to some real results with Carols system. I have really, and I mean really bad cellulite. I could be the poster child. I will let everyone know how it goes.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm done with the program. I don't see any results whatsoever after 2 months.
JaniceC.
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa:
Thanks for sharing that. I figured out my own method, and only used it for the lower tummy area. Yes the area looks better (after all that brushing, I would hope so) and 1 inch lost around waist, 2 around hips (but I also focus on those areas exercising). So, I am thinking maybe this is something that is almost impossible to accomplish alone. Maybe it is too diffucult to keep up the pressure on oneself?
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
JaniceC. wrote:
So, I am thinking maybe this is something that is almost impossible to accomplish alone.

That's what I am thinking. Now I believe the result people receive have come from exercise, or simply by following the no-carbohydreate-after-5pm rule, NOT from the massage. I should've known better since there is NO scientific research backing up those claims.
What a waste of my money and time.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Ricayhermosa,

I feel bad this program didn't work for out you. I know how disappointed you must feel. I certainly feel that the ladies who've had the NLL treatment in the spa have had great success, as I've seen the B&A photos. For one thing, they come more often for treatments, and having someone other than yourself apply the pressure will most definitely will accelerate the process. I just don't feel that we an dig in quite the same way as the professionals. I am not certain how much cellulite you had to begin with, so I cannot comment on how long it should take. But, you most certainly should have seen some results in two months time. I didn't have alot to begin with, so I really was able to decrease mine down to barely noticeable in a fairly short period of time. I also exercise, but I eat carbs after 5 pm almost regularly. I believe that was added to the protocol to accelerate the process. Perhaps you should email Carole directly and see what she has to say. Best regards, Aprile
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ricayhermosa,I'm so sorry that it hasn't worked for you. Two months should have been more than enough time for you to see results. I wonder if it depends on the type of fat we carry or toxins. I don't know. I didn't change my diet or exercise routine on purpose when I started so that I would KNOW whether or not it worked. I saw a reduction in my hips, waist and abs within the first two weeks. I wasn't working on cellulite, though. I stopped doing it for a while and the inches came back. I started again and it went away. I agree with Aprile. If it didn't work for you, you should email Carole Maggio.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the No Lipo Lipo dvd a few weeks back based on reading this thread. I actually remember watching The Today morning show about 9 years ago and they had a segment about deep massaging to help with cellulite; I think it was by making a fist and using your knuckles, almost along the lines of the Carole Maggio technique. I remember them saying as long as they were doing this almost every day for several weeks, they could definitely see a difference in the appearance of the cellulite on their thighs, hips, and buttocks. So when I came across this thread, I decided to buy this. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now, about four times a week. I doubled the amount of brushing, as well as doing 120 knuckle massages on legs, hips and butt. I have also been using Wedela Cellulite oil to do the massage. Even though I have not measured, I definitely see a change in the appearance of cellulite. I also feel that I do dig in a little deeper in the those areas when I am in the shower. As for the stomach area, I don't see much of a change, but I feel like I am not massaging deep enough. I did get bruising(it was not cute!)from massage, but I started taking arnica, as well as applying to the areas I have massaged, and it is making a difference. I really feel that No Lipo Lipo does work, but just like exercise, it is not something you do for a period of time and quit when you get the results you want, you have to maintain.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
cjenn1 wrote:
I really feel that No Lipo Lipo does work, but just like exercise, it is not something you do for a period of time and quit when you get the results you want, you have to maintain.

So true Cjenn1. As with anything in life, you need to be consistent. I too slacked off my NLL routine and saw that my cellulite was unfortunately returning. It would be great if we could just do the routine and once the cellulite was eliminated, we'd be done though wouldn't it? Ha~~ha wishful thinking! Just like with hair color, once we switched to blonde, never having to touch up the roots!! Best, Aprile
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing some kind of version of knuckle massage (not got the dvd yet). I see a little bit of difference.
Just wondering how hard do people think they need to be massaging to get benefits? I am trying to keep up doing it every day and although at first I was very enthusiastic causing some bruises(which I wasn't too worried about) I now am doing lighter massaging as my arms are too tired to do harder all the time.

I am thinking of getting a fat burning lotion to use for the massage too eg the NOTCH one
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:27 am      Reply with quote
TTD, I've never heard of NOTCH or any kind of fat burning lotion. It sounds like it could be good to try with NLL. What is it and where do you get it? I hope it's not one of those common things that everyone in the world but me knows about. Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Tonia: I just saw it on the boards yesterday - http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28488&highlight=fat+burner+hill

I think NOTCH is the name the Never Over The Hill person uses on EDS actually.

I noticed there was another fat burner lotion called Ab-Solution which also gets good reviews and is on sale cheaper. I might try that one first although some sites say it is being discontinued. Hope not for product problems or anything.

Oh and you have to exercise after putting the lotion on too Laughing
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
TTD the NOTCH topical fat burner is much too thick and sticky to use for massage.
With the NOTCH fat burner you apply the lotion, cover with cling wrap and exercise with it on.
It's THICK.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm willing to try most things but exercising with cling wrap on doesn't sound like fun. That's another one of those things that I would have to do when I'm the only one in the house. Laughing

If anyone discovers a fat burning cream that is suitable for use with NLL, please post.

Come to think of it, fat burning creams could be another whole thread.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey: Thanks for letting me know

Tonia: I'm ready to exercise with cling wrap on if it will reduce the area. I'd probably make a hat out of it and wear it swimming if there was evidence it would reduce body fat Laughing
hawthorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Have been doing this for a while now, and wanted to update. It's fab. It really works. But if I don't do it with a LOT of discipline the results go super-quick. What I most love about it is being able to get really slender around my waist without losing anything on my bust or my bum. So no complaints other than it's yet another thing I have to be organised and disciplined about in my ever expanding list of self care tasks. Groan.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

has anyone tried this with the little cellulite massage tools you can buy ? Also, do you guys do body brushing aswell, or can you achieve results without it ?

many thanks

Jackie xx
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

has anyone tried this with the little cellulite massage tools you can buy ? Also, do you guys do body brushing aswell, or can you achieve results without it ?

many thanks

Jackie xx

I have started to combine the dry skin brushing (part 1 of No Lipo Lipo) with cupping instead of the knuckle massage -- my arms just get too tired to do an effective massage in part 2 of No Lipo Lipo. I thought I would experiment with the Baguanfa Rubber Cups from cuppingtherapy.org. I tried using the cups for the first time tonight and it seemed more effective on my thighs than my weak massage -- but I had to be very careful not to apply too much suction because it could be painful. I managed not to bruise myself but I'm really encouraged by this combo.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to copy this from Carole's newsletter as I think she has really given some excellent advice here:

People always compliment me on how great my skin looks and ask about my personal beauty regimen. To start off the New Year on the right foot, I thought I’d share my daily beauty routine with you. The first thing I do in the morning is exfoliate my entire body. Using the Horsehair Mitt, I performs 60 back and forth scrubs per area. Even though my No Lipo Lipo DVD states 30 per area, I’ve found that more is actually better. As a result, my skin (at 64) is toned, tightened and lifted.

I also use the Sisal Louffa Strap to address the back of my body. Using a back and forth motion, I start at my ankles and work my way up to my neck. Next, I exfoliate my face using the Bamboo Glove ~ using 30 circular motions around my entire face and neck. My face is now exfoliated, glowing and ready to receive the skincare products. First, I spray my face, neck and the tops of my hands with the Heavy Water Spritz, then apply a thin layer of Vitamin E Oil to all three areas. I then apply the EGF Serum (on alternate days I apply the Vitamin C Serum), then the EGF Repair Cream (on alternate days I use theUltra Hyraluronic Moisture Cream orthe Advanced Anti-Aging Cream). Next, I squeeze a pea size amount of sunscreen into the palm of my hand and combined with a spritz of the Heavy Water and apply to my face, neck and tops of my hands. I give all areas a final spritz of Heavy Water before leaving the house. All of these products have maximum antioxidant benefits and truly feed the skin and protect it from future free radical damage.

Three times a week I use the Anti-Aging Moisture Mask, leaving it on my skin for a full 10 minutes. Every 10 days, I use the Face Lift To Go Mask. This mask exfoliates, tones, tightens, and lifts the skin of the face, neck and even the tops of your hands. I then perform one set of the ULTIMATE Facercise exercises. I personally use one of the CDs in order to really push myself. The morning is when I consume most of my carbohydrates. The reason for this is simple, excess carbohydrates can cause inflammation and wrinkles. According to Dr. Nicholas Perricone, “Cut out sugar and carbs on Monday, and by Thursday, you’ll look younger.” Also, never consume carbs after 5 pm if you want to keep cellulite at bay and keep your skin looking its personal best.

In the evening, I cleanse my skin with the Creamy Milk Cleanser and pat it dry. I exfoliate again using the Beauty Face Mitt, performing 30 circular motions around my entire face and neck. I allow my skin to dry for 30 minutes before applying the Retinol Cream to my entire face, neck and the tops of my hands. I then complete another set of the ULTIMATE Facercise exercises. Next, I perform my No Lipo Lipo Knuckle Massage Technique using 60-80 back and forth scrubs per area. In the DVD it states to use 30 scrubs per area, but like I said, I’ve found more is actually better. As a result, my skin is cellulite free, toned, tightened, lifted and unlined. There are other things I could talk about, but there’s just not enough space in the newsletter.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I just placed an order for the no lipo lipo DVD kit after reading your posts for months. I finally decided to try it once and for all!

I am hopeful that I made the right choice. It has been inspiring to read other members experiences especially their after results with the programme.

So here I am... taking a chance to solve my cellulite problem.

Here's to no more cellulite and a toned body!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
garbath wrote:
Here's to no more cellulite and a toned body!

Here here!! Smile
Good luck. I've had the program for ages but have just started diligently on it. Here's hoping hey.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Merrylass,

You can break up the routine....do your dry brushing in the AM and the NLL routine in the evening. That's what Carole Maggio does (it's in her newsletter). That will alleviate some of the stress on your arms. Trading the knuckle massage for a suction device tool will not work in the same way. You need to be able to dig in with your knuckles to break down the cellulite. Try doing the dry brushing in the AM using more strokes for the areas that need extra help ... instead of only 30 - do 60 and then perform the NLL in the PM and see if that helps. Best wishes, Aprile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |