Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Anyway, I wish i could just show you basically where the meridians are on the legs...

i don't have the nll material..but it would seem like in doing this massage many of the points on the meridians would be stimulated on the thighs..but i don't know if the nll also works on the lower legs and feet....so

in doing the meridians/points its good to take the energy all the way thru to the toes...gently manipuating the knee and pressing on the sides of the lower leg..pressing around the ankle ...and down thru the top and bottom of the feet... and top and bottom and sides of each toe..focusing on the tips of the toes..moving the toes up and back, etc....

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote
i don't what to take this thread away from it's topic...but i see all this potentially in connection with nll..

but i just want to say that according TCM it's not the slenderness of the body so much that's involved in cellulite but the balance of the internal organs, etc... (energy/essence/spirit... according to TCM)

I was just reading for example, in Ping Zhang's book Anti-Aging Therapy, (which is an amazing book) that it is plegm that is responsible for cellulite!

Anyway, the books i'm using for the meridians, simply because i have them, are Michio Kushi's Book of Do-In and Jacque de Langre's Second Book of Do-In, both are miraculously still availble from Amazon USA...again they are not beginning books but the Do-In exercises which include the whole body are amazing and there are the drawings and photos to help with the meridian and points (really, i believe it's better to do the whole body than just the thighs to get rid of cellulite on the thighs!)..and i want ot order Jacque de langre's first book of do-in becuase i can't find it from decades ago..to see if it presents everything more simply.there is also a shiatsu school near me that offers a book that is the other source i want to investigate.

i also want to say that the do-in books have a lot of other info in them.philosophy..and in michio's book..other kinds of exercises also..so i'm not advocating the philosophy..and honestly haven' read it...but i love/adore the do-in exercise/massage

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
dianek
5% products discount

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I am one of Carole's No Lipo Lipo clients. I live in the Redondo Beach area so I frequent her spa for facials. So I decided to sign up for the 5 week package to see what would happen to my cellulite ridden thighs and calves and the rest of my body. The treatments have not disappointed!! Throughout the process, the only thing I changed was my night-time snacking. I used to eat either dessert or chips every night after dinner. I cut them out and now only have my dinner and then maybe a cup of tea. But, my results have been so worth that small sacrifice. I lost 3 inches from my thighs and the cellulite is much diminished. My calves are about an 1 1/2 smaller, my stomach has flattened and my waist has trimmed as well. I am stunned by my results. When I look at myself in the mirror, not only do I look thinner, I am wearing a smaller size now! I used to be a 12-14 and now can fit into an 8-10 in my jeans. I am so thankful I tried the program and will continue using the program at home to maintain. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to eliminate or reduce cellulite and to trim their body. It works wonders! DianeK
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Diane, I'm so jealous of you. Is the 5 week package expensive? I do have the kit, and love love love it. Its definitely shrunk my usual fullsome areas for sure.

Did you get specific diet advice. I know my kit came with a sheet that suggested no eating after 5pm (except certain foods) etc which was very helpful, alongside some suggested supplements.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:36 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
i've found that pressing the points along the different energy meridans ( acupressure) in the legs (focusing on the meridians and certain important points on the thighs)releases stagnant energy in the internal organs connected with the meridians..and in the thighs themsleves...so i do this along with any dry brusing or other kinds of massage i do on my thighs (i've never really had a problem with cellulite..so haven't purchase the nll system..but if i did i would!)

hi jasminerosey Smile-not to sidetrack but I couldn't help noticing you say you've NEVER had problems with cellulite up until 64?! That's pretty unusual for a woman I would think, you lucky thing!Smile
So, I thought wow but then looked at your sig. Maybe the answer is right there- whole food vegan for 40 yrs and living raw for 30. I think your lack of cellulite is down to that incredible diet you follow! Do you think that might be the reason? I know generally being overweight will give extar lumps and bumps but when slim and still seeing cellulite I always felt that eliminating dairy and wheat was very helpful to smooth things out...who knows -its' so hard to be sure!
Confused

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna, yeah it's my raw diet, i believe, but also understanding certain TCM principles (for example. i've read that cellulite is caused by plegm... according to TCM ...which is different than fat... and independent of our weight or body size)

i am also intolerant to fruit (according to the Carroll intolerance system) and can developement cellulite as well as putting on access weight if i eat it....so i very very rarely do...but if i do i go to my TCM practitioner for herbs to balance my internal system (clearing plegm, etc)

Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Pollyanna, yeah it's my raw diet, i believe, but also understanding certain TCM principles (for example. i've read that cellulite is caused by plegm... according to TCM ...which is different than fat... and independent of our weight or body size)

i am also intolerant to fruit (according to the Carroll intolerance system) and can developement cellulite as well as putting on access weight if i eat it....so i very very rarely do...but if i do i go to my TCM practitioner for herbs to balance my internal system (clearing plegm, etc)

thanks for sharing that information jasminerosey-very interesting indeed.Smile it's had me researching phlegm and dampness in the body according to TCM all evening and I've learned a lot since I feel this is exactly my issue currently.The one thing I find confusing though is that phlegm and dampness seem to go hand in hand in TCM but raw(or cold) foods are not recommended for this disposition so how would that work for you if you don't mind me asking?or have i got that wrong.. Confused

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
yes raw food is totally taboo for many reasons according to TCM....(too much to explain here..but raw has really been the appropriate diet for me nontheless...at least up to now!......i ate a more TCM appropriate diet in my mid 20's-30's..although i was still vegan) ....

now i'm pretty eclectic as far as my health/healing goes..try to take the 'best'(according to my needs) from each system...,

but i think it's tru that as we age we need to take in more 'fire' to keep the body free from dampness and pleghm (among other things!)....so i take TCM herbs when appropriate...and for the last few years have also added intensely infused (hence cooked!) 'wisewoman' type nutritional herbal infusions...

Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
yes raw food is totally taboo for many reasons according to TCM....(too much to explain here..but raw has really been the appropriate diet for me nontheless...at least up to now!......i ate a more TCM appropriate diet in my mid 20's-30's..although i was still vegan) ....

now i'm pretty eclectic as far as my health/healing goes..try to take the 'best'(according to my needs) from each system...,

but i think it's tru that as we age we need to take in more 'fire' to keep the body free from dampness and pleghm (among other things!)....so i take TCM herbs when appropriate...and for the last few years have also added intensely infused (hence cooked!) 'wisewoman' type nutritional herbal infusions...

wow I must thank you jasminerosey.Because of checking this thread and reading about your experience and insights I just met with a TCM doctor today and set up 7 weeks of treatment program(reflexology,acupressure and acupuncture) and herbs and sure enough i am full of phlegm and cold.They did also confirm the connection to phlegm and cellulite/bumpy and fatty tissue.Phlegm andf stagnation is also no good if you're trying to get pregnant which i am.So- I just had my first treatments for 2 hours and feel incredible and light.Really glad I finally got the kick in the a** to go do this.Once I DO decide to do something I don't mess around!
Thanks again for indirectly inspiring me through a different topic altogether Very Happy Laughing Better stop posting about this in this thread now haha but just wanted to let you know and thank you properly!

Sharm

Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
sigh.. i simply cant afford it all.... does everyone use caroles louffe or mits or is there an alternative.. and i cant get all that cream.. im canadian the shipping alone will kill me...... Sad
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
You don't have to have her cream, any oil will do and your find several mentions of alternatives. However you could use other loofahs, but I have to say give Carole credit I've never come across any as good as hers - they last for ages (so really are cost effectivy).

Its worth saving up for. I mean compared to using that electronic machine on your cellulite, this method is less painful (even I can do!).

Theresa
Sharm wrote:
sigh.. i simply cant afford it all.... does everyone use caroles louffe or mits or is there an alternative.. and i cant get all that cream.. im canadian the shipping alone will kill me...... Sad
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
jasminerosey wrote:

wow I must thank you jasminerosey.Because of checking this thread and reading about your experience and insights I just met with a TCM doctor today and set up 7 weeks of treatment program(reflexology,acupressure and acupuncture) and herbs and sure enough i am full of phlegm and cold.They did also confirm the connection to phlegm and cellulite/bumpy and fatty tissue.Phlegm andf stagnation is also no good if you're trying to get pregnant which i am.So- I just had my first treatments for 2 hours and feel incredible and light.Really glad I finally got the kick in the a** to go do this.Once I DO decide to do something I don't mess around!
Thanks again for indirectly inspiring me through a different topic altogether Very Happy Laughing Better stop posting about this in this thread now haha but just wanted to let you know and thank you properly!

Pollyanna I'd love to hear how this system works out for you cellulite wise...and also pregnancy wise too Wink
It'd be great if you start another thread when you see some changes.
Thanks heaps.
daydreamer
5% products discount

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't bought NLL yet but after reading these posts I am on the brink! As I'm also going to buy either Flex Effect or Facercise so want to keep my body outlay to a minimum if poss so would appreciate some advice or feedback on what has worked for you ladies. Most people seem to rave about the body brushing rather than the massage so I'm wondering if I would have much success with this alone? Also the horsehair mitt is touted as the most effective but I've not seen a lot of posts about it so am not sure whether to just go for the sisal one. Finally, is the back strap effective? Thanks a lot x
LBH
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Well, this is my first post. I have been lurking and learning on EDS for a few months now. I came to EDS through researching Tanaka, and quickly found Safetox, which I love and use every morning for about 45 minutes before my morning run (three-point method).

The last month or so, I have added OCM and Carol Maggio's NLL to my morning routine. I am wondering if anyone else is trying to do both of these together with the Tanaka massage. I have developed a system which seems to work well. Before my shower, I do the full drybrushing routine. After the shower, I apply the castor/olive oil mixture to my face and neck and just let it sit there while I perform the NLL with coconut oil on my body. I am hoping that this gives extra time for the castor oil to draw out whatever blackheads are due to come out that morning.

After finishing the NLL, I do the Tanaka massage, and then finish with five minutes of massage just for the OCM procedure. I apply the hot washcloths twice, and then go over my face with a microfiber cloth just to be sure I have removed all traces of the OCM oils. Then I follow with the ACV toner followed by my C serum. A half-hour later, I apply my daytime facial oil/active mixture (again, thank you EDS) and sunscreen.

This morning routine has really seemed to work for me. To fill you in, I have always been very nutritionally conscious and I run and do yoga and Qi Gong every day. I am half Japanese and probably because of that I have good skin...thick and fairly oily, and have always looked younger than I am. However, the last few years, I have started to get horizontal forehead lines and NL lines. I don't want to go the Botox/Filler route and so I was so happy to find EDS and all the valuable bits of information it contains. I have been doing Tanaka for about four months and feel like it makes a real difference.

I know it is hard to tell which technique is doing what, but I have no trace of my NLL and my forehead is flat and smooth. I still have a few lines near the top, but they don't bother me because my face has an open look to it (as described in the Safetox literature). My skin is clear and bright, and I am very happy with things.

I have done the NLL daily for a month and it seems to have tightened things up. I have a pretty athletic body though with a big butt and not the stomach I had before my daughter was born. I believe the drybrushing is just great for one's health...moving the lymph and exfoliating the skin. I can't say I have lost inches as some report from the massage part, but everything looks very toned and tight, and I plan to keep it up. It is obvious that the massage is also really moving blood and lymph too.

Prior to finding EDS I was also doing Carol Maggio's facial exercises haphazardly and regularly doing an acupressure massage I learned ten years ago. Since finding EDS, I now also take hylauronic acid (definitely plumps the lips), take MCM (1 tsp 2x/day...I am hoping my scattered freckles fade eventually), make all my own skincare products except sunscreen (love Marie Veronique for my sunscreen) and am now wondering about cupping!

I know this is a lot for a first post, but I feel so grateful to all of you and wanted to share my experience.

I can offer one tip for those of you using the horsehair mitt....when it starts to get soft and you feel you need to replace it, just turn it inside out and you have a fresh mitt to use.

I may cross-post this since I wasn't sure where to put this post.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:23 am      Reply with quote
JaniceC. wrote:
I would also like to know if the system is worth the money--things are quite tight at the moment, and I only want to spend for what I know will work (or am reasonably assured). Does anyone know if one can just do "spot" treatments? I've done the loofah for ages, but thought I'd add the knuckle massage w/avocado oil and if I notice good results with one spot, then I would be more likely to order the entire DVD. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!
I've had awesome results from Carole's No Lipo Lipo -- reduction where I want it with no injuries and/or loose skin. I want to take her licensee/training course but cannot do it at the present time. I've been saving money by using either shea butter or MSM lotion for the knuckle rubbing part.
Elaine Pl

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I do recommend ordering the entire DVD. The results have been well worth it and it was a one-time investment that I have used over and over again.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Elaine Pl Smile

I just read one of Carole's newsletters and I believe the NO LIPO LIPO licensee course is currently selling at half-off. Just wanted to make sure that you saw it Smile

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you -- I know about the 50% discount -- but my husband said no -- so, I can't do it.
serendipity2
5% products discount

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if it would be okay to use a cellulite massager ( purchased from the Body Shop) instead of the knuckles? I have arthritis starting in my hands and they cramp up too when I do this to long.
Elaine Pl

Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry -- don't know -- you might receive a response from Carole if you email her at her website of facercise.
serendipity2
5% products discount

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:40 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Elaine Pl"]Sorry -- don't know -- you might receive a response from Carole if you email her at her website of facercise.[/quote

well, for some reason, you need a photo to email her, and I don't have one right now.

Maybe someone else can tell me if you can substitute something for knuckles? The pressure from the massager seems to be kind of equal.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Not for general queries, where she asks for a photo is if your wanting specific advice i.e. like a photo assessment etc but she has answered questions for me without photos on NLL - so its worth trying. I asked her about using a massager some time ago, and she said it wasn't a good idea that the knuckles were better than any equipment and to work up to doing the number of strokes, but to do as many as I could and just work up slowly and its worked a treat for me!
serendipity2 wrote:
well, for some reason, you need a photo to email her, and I don't have one right now.

Maybe someone else can tell me if you can substitute something for knuckles? The pressure from the massager seems to be kind of equal.
Elaine Pl

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Carole has responded to my questions without a photo also.
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I tried that once since I get tired quite quickly when I use my knuckles. However, I've ended up with a bunch of broken caps on my legs after a couple of sessions. So for now I use the massager only when working on my butt, but I'm still using knuckles on my legs.

serendipity2 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if it would be okay to use a cellulite massager ( purchased from the Body Shop) instead of the knuckles? I have arthritis starting in my hands and they cramp up too when I do this to long.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Is there a professional in Australia that offers the 5 week treatment package??? I'm in Australia and so far have found that TENS machines are useless, but the Pengu seems to be working Very Happy

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |