Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
daydreamer
5% products discount

Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Not the answer I was hoping for Aprile! I have RSI in my thumbs and my hands are sometimes very sore so I have to admit I haven't really been doing the programme but I guess I'll have to persevere.
esofia
5% products discount

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Iīve been doing NLL is the past just as Carolle teaches, but now Iīm using this device "9-Metal 360°Rotating Ball Body Massage Glove
Itīs so much time saving, you donīt need to oil yourself, reaches much more surface everytime, and does the same as knuckles.
daydreamer
5% products discount

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I live in the UK so thought I'd have no chance of finding anything like that-but they have them on ebay!! Thanks a lot will definitely give it a try.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:21 am      Reply with quote
daydreamer wrote:
Not the answer I was hoping for Aprile! I have RSI in my thumbs and my hands are sometimes very sore so I have to admit I haven't really been doing the programme but I guess I'll have to persevere.

Hi Daydreamer, Sorry to hear that. I have spoken with Carole about the hands and the soreness. You can use Ben Gay or something similar on your hands to alleviate the soreness. I know Carole uses it on her hands as she really needs it after a long day of NLL treatments! Best, Aprile Laughing
esofia
5% products discount

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Daydreamer,
I also live in Europe. You can easily find it in the UK online. I bought it 6,00 euros in LIDL.
daydreamer
5% products discount

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:48 am      Reply with quote
esofia-do you use one of these massage gloves? How do you find it?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Okay I am three weeks into the challenge and I wanted to report some changes since I started seriously doing the No lipo lipo... I am comfortably down a size in pants, and didn't really need to do that(but I am thrilled Laughing). Have no idea if I have lost weight but my eating and exercising have been the same. I learned years ago that weighing myself was not as important as keeping track of how my clothes fit. I am down to my skinny clothes and that normally doesn't happen unless I am really altering my food intake. My legs are very noticeably toned and there is a reduction in cellulite. I am dry brushing in the morning and knuckle massaging at night. I started this on and have only missed two days of doing the program.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I started this on and have only missed two days of doing the program.

Thanks for the update (I think you forgot to insert the date you started Wink ) Your progress sounds great. I can't wait to begin!

Does Carole send a shipping notification or does the kit just arrive? I ordered on 11/04 so this is only the second business day since then, but I just wondered on average how long shipping takes since I never got an email. I did get an email for order confirmation the same day I ordered.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
Toby wrote:
I started this on and have only missed two days of doing the program.

Thanks for the update (I think you forgot to insert the date you started Wink ) Your progress sounds great. I can't wait to begin!

Does Carole send a shipping notification or does the kit just arrive? I ordered on 11/04 so this is only the second business day since then, but I just wondered on average how long shipping takes since I never got an email. I did get an email for order confirmation the same day I ordered.

Yep meant to put the date...Oct.17th!I have had the program for sometime but never stuck with it because I tried to do the dry brushing at the same session as the massaging.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
toby, do you do this every day?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Okay I am three weeks into the challenge and I wanted to report some changes since I started seriously doing the No lipo lipo... I am comfortably down a size in pants, and didn't really need to do that(but I am thrilled Laughing). Have no idea if I have lost weight but my eating and exercising have been the same. I learned years ago that weighing myself was not as important as keeping track of how my clothes fit. I am down to my skinny clothes and that normally doesn't happen unless I am really altering my food intake. My legs are very noticeably toned and there is a reduction in cellulite. I am dry brushing in the morning and knuckle massaging at night. I started this on and have only missed two days of doing the program.

Toby,
So glad to hear about your great results!!! I just knew you'd love NLL. It realy really rocks! The results are most definitely cumulative... Keep us posted. ~ Aprile Very Happy
esofia
5% products discount

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Daydreamer,
I just found it accidently in a LIDL shop, and it was one of the best discoveries I made just to do at night NLL knuckles massage. Iīve tried to post a picture of it, but donīt know why, cannot.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
esofia wrote:
Daydreamer,
I just found it accidently in a LIDL shop, and it was one of the best discoveries I made just to do at night NLL knuckles massage. Iīve tried to post a picture of it, but donīt know why, cannot.

If you use the URL link to the image, you should be able to post.
esofia
5% products discount

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:58 am      Reply with quote
You are right April, here it is: http://www.onsources.com/products/360-degree-roll-rotate-slim-9-balls-relax-massager-Gloves-.html
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I just started the program last night. It's definitely not for the faint of heart! Shock It takes a great effort and I can see why people might not stick with it. BUT I think I'm going to love it.

I did NLL last night before bed (might not be the best time, my body didn't seem to be able to relax afterward when I wanted to sleep) and the dry brushing this morning. Wow I am so energized today! I feel great. I could see continuing just b/c of how it makes you feel. But if I see the added results of toning and losing inches I'll be thrilled.

Tonight I have to remember to measure before I begin the massage. I also have to read through this whole thread again to see how often to do this and how many strokes (I recall 60 but was that for the massage or dry brushing?).
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - I started doing this last night and this morning. I can't afford the DVD right now but I watched the knuckle technique on some videos I found online. It looks like an up and down motion using the knuckles and moving pretty quickly for 60 strokes. Since I don't have the brush I am wondering if maybe I should do the knuckle massage twice a day rather than once. I mean more would be better anyway right? I am only starting with my thighs just to see if I see an improvement. What do you think? Can anyone offer any advice on technique or anything until I can gather up the money for the DVD?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
esofia wrote:
You are right April, here it is: http://www.onsources.com/products/360-degree-roll-rotate-slim-9-balls-relax-massager-Gloves-.html

Okay, I took a look at the picture and honestly, I don't really think it will work. First, when you perform the NLL knuckle treatment you are putting your hand in a fist position, only keeping your fingers flat against your hand. This device does not replicate that. Also, this device appears to be something you would need to hold in your hand anyway, so you're just adding a device to the equation. It's not battery operated so the hand must still exert the pressure. I would stick to the routine as described in the DVD.... it works!!! Best, Aprile Smile
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
esofia wrote:

First, when you perform the NLL knuckle treatment you are putting your hand in a fist position, only keeping your fingers flat against your hand. ...I would stick to the routine as described in the DVD.... it works!!! Best, Aprile Smile

I have to agree. I was surprised how much of a difference the NLL fist position differs from using just a plain fist. No wonder she stresses it continually throughout the DVD demonstration. I find myself automatically reverting to a normal fist but then when I concentrate to keep my fingers how she says, it hurts so much more! Very Happy (i.e., so much more effective)
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Amazing Racer can you describe the fist position and how it differs from a regular fist position? I want to make sure I am doing it right. Would reallllly appreciate it!!
esofia
5% products discount

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Aprile.more than 4 years ago( canīt remenber exavtely) I had NLL skype class with Carole, by then there was no DVD. NLL changed the way my skin and cellulite appearance, itīs my best body tool, but sometimes I get lazy because of the time consuming. With this device you donīt need to oil yourself and as it covers a bigger surface, takes a lot less longer than with knuckles. I can assure you the results in me are the same ( cellulite free and sag free in my 51 years.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:42 am      Reply with quote
esofia wrote:
Aprile.more than 4 years ago( canīt remenber exavtely) I had NLL skype class with Carole, by then there was no DVD. NLL changed the way my skin and cellulite appearance, itīs my best body tool, but sometimes I get lazy because of the time consuming. With this device you donīt need to oil yourself and as it covers a bigger surface, takes a lot less longer than with knuckles. I can assure you the results in me are the same ( cellulite free and sag free in my 51 years.

I cannot attest to the device, only by the way it looks...it doesn't seem like it would work. By certainly I take you at your word. Also, it appears from the photo that you need to exert pressure with your hand anyway,no? That is what concerns me...you are just trading areas where you are exerting force with your hand. ~ Aprile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:06 am      Reply with quote
esofia wrote:

Not having used this it is difficult to judge exactly how it works but if the little balls rotate then it looks like it would be more difficult to get the leverage for the upward strokes that you need to make...Also esofia, how bad of a cellulite problem did you have before starting?

5% products discount

Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Aprile, my concern was never tired arms, but time needed to do so. you have to apply the same amount of pressure than with knukles.
~
Toby- I never had a lot of cellulite, but it was clearly noticeable, and now almost 95% gone even when I pinch my skin
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:00 am      Reply with quote
This tool maybe helpful if you have issues with being able to do the knuckle massage. I work with students and translators that are Asian and they use this for cellulite as well as other healing issues in the body. The technique is called Gua Sha but the tool could mimic the knuckles. I don't want to get side tracked on the topic of Gua Sha, that would be a great thread on it's own, but this tool could be helpful to some people that are not able to do the knuckle massage part. You could follow all the protocol of no lipo lipo but use this tool instead of the knuckles. Would if be as effective as the knuckles? I don't know, but it would be worth a try.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
This tool maybe helpful if you have issues with being able to do the knuckle massage. I work with students and translators that are Asian and they use this for cellulite as well as other healing issues in the body. The technique is called Gua Sha but the tool could mimic the knuckles.

But wasn't she going to use the roller ball glove specifically to save time in not having to apply oil with it? You'd normally apply oil or some lubricant with this tool, wouldn't you?

Re: my NLL routine. The sisal mitt is causing little scratches that bleed (very tiny but in lots of places). I assume as time goes on my skin will toughen up and that will stop...?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross BģAdaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŪ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |