Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Well I ordered the NLL DVD the other day (it hasn't came yet), but after reading through this thread and the Facercise thread, I think I am going to go ahead and invest in myself by ordering the Horse Hair Mitt, the back strap, the bamboo glove, as well as the Facercise DVD that also includes the Beauty Face Mitt. I guess I have just gotten inspired and want to take the aging process in my hands, as well as lose some inches. Smile

My question is, do you think it's okay to start with the Horsehair Mitt? I know some have felt it was too rough. I just don't want to buy the Sisal Mitt if I want to shortly go to the Horsehair Mitt. Or I could start with a brush I already have, and then move on to the Horsehair mitt?
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
My Update: I've been doing NLL now for a little over 2 months. I've been doing 60 strokes of both the dry brushing and massage since the first day, every day, and I do both treatments over my entire body, not just in the places Carole shows on the DVD. I just started cutting back to every other day within the last couple of weeks.

When I began with the Sisal Mitt, I posted my concern that my skin got very scratched and even bled a little from the tiny tears. The Mitt was very rough on my skin. I just kept going though and it was amazing how quickly my skin healed and became adjusted to the mitt. After 2 months now the mitt has broken down a bit and gotten softer but I'm glad I started out with the Sisal. I'll get the Horsehair mitt when my Sisal has become ineffective but I can still press hard enough and use the edges of it to get a good brushing.

I still bruise from the massage, but not nearly as much as when I first began. I really try to dig in deep. I was covered in bruises at first, but again, amazed to see how quickly they healed and disappeared when I kept going. I also take Ester C powder daily to help with the bruising, as Carole suggests.

My results have been very good IMO! I didn't have a huge amount of weight to lose but my pants are looser and my little lumps and bumps are more flat. My stomach is flatter and more toned. My thighs and backside are also more toned. The skin over my entire body is amazing, so soft and smooth. I can't even explain it but it's never felt like this. Even on days when I don't do NLL, when I go to apply lotion on my body I continue to be surprised when I touch my skin. A lotion or topical product could not make it feel like this IMO. It's thicker, especially on my stomach and backside.

I feel motivated to continue doing this program. It's so invigorating and makes me not only look good, but feel good. I took "before" pics and need to take some "after" pics but I just haven't gotten around to it.
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to also mention I've lost 4 lbs. and haven't changed my diet or exercise, so it must be from NLL.

Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
That's so great ~ AmazingRacer!! Good for you! I'm so happy that you are experiencing such impressive results. It just goes to show you how persistency pays off. The program really does work, if you put the time in. Many of us may fall off the horse at times, but we need to get right back on. That's interesting that you lost weight without changing your diet or exercise regimen. I know from my own experience, my body is much more toned and lifted without much exercise, whereas before NLL, it definitely didn't look this way. I am so impressed by what can be achieved with this program. Thanks so much for sharing ... it's encouraging for others to hear that something so natural actually works! Best, Aprile Smile
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Aprile.

I should say that I do exercise regularly and try to eat well, but I do snack and eat sugar, flour, pizza, etc. (all the things I shouldn't)

I know that even though this program does work and give good results, not everyone will put in the time and effort necessary to achieve those results, or stick to it over time. Looking for a magic lotion or potion seems to be more appealing to people, it sometimes seems. Although this does take time and effort, the time is very minimal and the effort is actually good for you (good arm workout and gets your heart rate pumping) so IMO it's well worth it to continue with the program. Also, as I said in my previous post, I'm not even tempted to give up and look for a topical product that will help me stay like I am now b/c IMO that does not exist.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer ~ Yup you are so very right. Most people are looking for the quick fix or that magic pill, potion or cream. But, I agree none exist. Just like with facial exercise, in order to see results, you need to put the time in. But that said, the added bonus of NLL is that you will have a more toned body with no added exercise despite any bad eating habits .... lol! I know, because I too have a sweet tooth and eat chips and salty stuff too. I still see results. Also, the work you put in with your arms pays off in the way of more toned arms...so honestly, the program is a win, win. ~ Aprile
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I just got my NLL DVD yesterday and I did my first treatment last night. I think I'm going to like it. It's not complicated at all and doesn't seem like it will take a lot of time. I used the dry brush I had, since I just ordered the horse hair mitt and back strap separately.

If this really works, I think I'm the perfect candidate because if you just saw pics of my stomach, you would think I was overweight. But I am thin everywhere except for my stomach. I run and walk every day, but my mid-section has just always been disproportionate. I took before pics of my stomach, and hopefully I'll have some results soon!
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:22 am      Reply with quote
So when you all say you amped up to 60 strokes on the dry brushing, do you do that for each body part, including the feet, etc?

I don't know if you all got the Dry Brushing instructions print-out since I don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but the instructions came with my DVD. It includes instructions on brushing the hands and arms, maybe because that wasn't included on the DVD for some reason. So FYI, it says to brush from palm of hand-fingers to wrist, then repeat on back of hand, then brush wrist to elbow, repeat on back, then elbow to shoulder, front and back.

The only thing I'm wondering now is if you can do the NLL massage too much. I work from home so I could easily do the stomach part-which is my main focus-a few times a day. I was thinking surely the treatments they do in the spa have to be longer than the routine shown on the DVD? Maybe I will email Carole and ask.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ryan,

Actually, I have to be honest with you I don't always do the bottom of my feet or the palm of my hands. However, I do dry brush the rest of my body every day....60 strokes front and back of arms and legs. I do about 30 for the stomach area and buttocks, which aren't problem areas for me. I think if you want to amp up to 60 or more for the stomach and really dig in with the knuckle treatment, once a day should be sufficient. But, if you email Carole I'm sure she'll get back to you on that. Take care, Aprile Smile
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Aprile. Carole did respond and she said she does 60 strokes per area per day, but said I could do as many as I like. So I guess it won't hurt if I have time. She did say the Horsehair Mitt was great for firming-since I mentioned to her that the skin on my stomach is slightly saggy due to weight loss. I just got my horsehair mitt yesterday, so I will start with that today. She also recommended the Body Lift Mask for my stomach. The only thing that concerns me about that is that it seems like something more temporary, and that would be expensive to keep doing.

I have to agree with all of you that the dry brushing really does feel great! I've only used my Yerba dry brush so far, but will start using the Horsehair Mitt today.
MomofPearl

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:11 am      Reply with quote
First time poster but I have been following this thread for quite some time. I am surprised a No Lipo Lipo licensee has not piped in on this discussion up to this point.
I became licensed to perform No Lipo Lipo in November through Carole Maggio's Day Spa. I partly attribute my decision to move forward with the certification to this thread. I was thrilled to read about all the positive results so many of you have gotten by following the techniques demonstrated on the No Lipo Lipo DVD. I figured I could help people with their goals by performing it on those that choose to come in for the 10 treatments (2x a week for 5 weeks). I have seen tremendous results the last three weeks while working on my "guinea pigs". I want to make sure I can get results similar to what Carole gets in her spa as I prepare to take on clients.
Through your feedback I have also come to realize the absolute importance of the dry brushing. This is something the clients will do in their own homes but I will definitely be encouraging them to be faithful with it to get the best results.
I am by no means the "expert" but through the training process and friends and family I have been working on I am becoming more and more comfortable (& confident) with the procedure. The results will speak for themselves.
Two bits of advice I will give for the DIYs: (1) Think "UP"! Every stroke needs to be upward, it truly is only a glide down; and (2) Drink water and then drink some more! It will help with the flushing process.
Keep the updates coming! I love hearing of your success. By the way, I am in Texas, in case any of you are ever down this way and want the full treatment! Smile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
MomofPearl wrote:
First time poster but I have been following this thread for quite some time. I am surprised a No Lipo Lipo licensee has not piped in on this discussion up to this point.
I became licensed to perform No Lipo Lipo in November through Carole Maggio's Day Spa. I partly attribute my decision to move forward with the certification to this thread. I was thrilled to read about all the positive results so many of you have gotten by following the techniques demonstrated on the No Lipo Lipo DVD. I figured I could help people with their goals by performing it on those that choose to come in for the 10 treatments (2x a week for 5 weeks). I have seen tremendous results the last three weeks while working on my "guinea pigs". I want to make sure I can get results similar to what Carole gets in her spa as I prepare to take on clients.
Through your feedback I have also come to realize the absolute importance of the dry brushing. This is something the clients will do in their own homes but I will definitely be encouraging them to be faithful with it to get the best results.
I am by no means the "expert" but through the training process and friends and family I have been working on I am becoming more and more comfortable (& confident) with the procedure. The results will speak for themselves.
Two bits of advice I will give for the DIYs: (1) Think "UP"! Every stroke needs to be upward, it truly is only a glide down; and (2) Drink water and then drink some more! It will help with the flushing process.
Keep the updates coming! I love hearing of your success. By the way, I am in Texas, in case any of you are ever down this way and want the full treatment! Smile

Good to have you here Smile, and that's very cool that you got licensed. I come to Texas occasionally. Where are you in Texas? Do you have a website, or are you affiliated with a spa or another business? Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MomofPearl! I would also be interested in hearing about the salon technique and how it differs from the DVD version. Do you still do 60 strokes since it is only twice per week?

Just an update..I've been using the horsehair mitt for a few days and it hasn't bothered me. I'm only doing about 30 strokes except for the stomach area, and I'm really aggressive there.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MomofPearl ~ That is so awesome of you to have entered into the discussion! Good luck with your new No Lipo Lipo business!! YES, dry brushing is so very important to the entire NLL process. In fact, as a user of the program for quite a while now, I can attest to the fact that dry brushing can not only tone, tighten and lift the skin, it also tones the muscles beneath the skin. I think that amping up the reps to sixty (60) per area though truly accelerates the process. I used to do 30, but then Carole suggested 60 and honestly, it's made all the difference in the world. I may miss a day of the knuckle treatment, but NEVER miss a dry brushing session. Plus, it's invigorating and energizing when performed first thing in the morning! All the best, Aprile Very Happy
Chispa

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Only my second post here in seven years (I've been lurking for a looooooooong time) and that's because you've all convinced me to order the program.

I have to admit that before I ordered, I called the 1-800 number at Carole's spa in Redondo to see if there were any licencees in my area where I could go get a few of the massages (and, hopefully, learn something too!). One of the things that convinced me to order is that I think Carole answered her own phone! Now that's a hard working woman - that makes me happy to spend my money to support her business.

I promise to post measurements and observations monthly.
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
I can attest to the fact that dry brushing can not only tone, tighten and lift the skin, it also tones the muscles beneath the skin. I think that amping up the reps to sixty (60) per area though truly accelerates the process. I used to do 30, but then Carole suggested 60 and honestly, it's made all the difference in the world.

Hi Aprile,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but when you do this 60 strokes brushing, do you brush in both directions or only upwards (as instructed for the knuckle massage)?

I've just started with brushing and massage and if I go above 30 strokes my skin becomes very sensitive (the mitt I'm using is quite harsh). But then I brush in both directions so maybe this is the problem.... Neutral
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
agatha wrote:
aprile wrote:
I can attest to the fact that dry brushing can not only tone, tighten and lift the skin, it also tones the muscles beneath the skin. I think that amping up the reps to sixty (60) per area though truly accelerates the process. I used to do 30, but then Carole suggested 60 and honestly, it's made all the difference in the world.

Hi Aprile,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but when you do this 60 strokes brushing, do you brush in both directions or only upwards (as instructed for the knuckle massage)?

I've just started with brushing and massage and if I go above 30 strokes my skin becomes very sensitive (the mitt I'm using is quite harsh). But then I brush in both directions so maybe this is the problem.... Neutral

Hi Agatha,
You are brushing in both directions. However, pressure is applied on the up stroke (because we are working against gravit here) and then you glide back down. HTH, Aprile Smile
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:03 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:

Hi Agatha,
You are brushing in both directions. However, pressure is applied on the up stroke (because we are working against gravit here) and then you glide back down. HTH, Aprile Smile

So basically the same procedure as for the massage... Thanks!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:50 am      Reply with quote
agatha wrote:
aprile wrote:

Hi Agatha,

So basically the same procedure as for the massage... Thanks!

Yup ~ pressure on the up stroke and glide back down. HTH, Aprile Smile
Chispa

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I started the NLL. It's made me feel more firmed almost immediately.

But, I've got a problem that I can't find an answer to in this thread.

I'm doing sixty brushes in every area with the sisal mitt, but I'm finding that it leaves my skin with little bumps. Lots of little bumps. Especially on my arms!

Any advice?
Ggiorgy

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I "brand new" member and still in the student phase (as I have some spare time, I log in to EDS,reading and keeping notes).

With a view to lose some weight I gained in the past months, I would combine No Lipo Lipo Massage and Dr Roller to tighten my skin and preventing saggy effects.

Do you think that would be possible or the risk (of stressing my skin) would be higher than any benefit?

Thanks in advance!

PS
I apologize for my English Embarassed
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Ok, sandooch sent me over to this thread when I asked about my post-partum stretched skin. I can't believe I forgot about this!

I can't wait to get my CD when my husband comes back home at the end of April (we're US expats in his hometown right now)

Until then what should I do to try to make some progress. I've already determined that there's more info on the CD than just doing it myself... should I just do a dry brushing with a sisal or loofah mitt (that's easy enough to get here, i'm in the land of loofah and sisal lol, they're in every corner store around here) and then do a sort of knuckle massage; 30 strokes and 60 strokes respectively. that's what i've figured out from the 9 pages of the thread i've read so far.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
That's would I woud do until you get your CD, UmEnis. This way, when your CD does arrive, your arms won't get as tired when you do the whole routine. I will be honest and say that I usually do this in the shower, even though people here say it's better to do it with the oil. But I feel like I'm spending half my day going through my beauty routine, so I need to make shortcuts where I can. Wink

When I started, I just did my arms, 30 strokes per section. Holy cow! I never realized how weak my arms were. Now I'm up to doing 50 strokes per section (working my way up to 60 strokes) and my arms only get a little tired. Then I move on down to my belly where I really concentrate on since that is my number one trouble zone. My legs are not too much of a problem, so I just give my inner thighs and back of thighs about 20-30 strokes per section. I rub hard, too. If people saw my bruises, they'd probably look at my husband with an accusing eye. Laughing

I've actually just started doing this for about 2 weeks, 3-4 tmes a week, and I already feel like I can see some improvement, especially in my abdominal area. Let's just say the little apron of skin I have is "less aprony". Razz But I can see how some people are saying that this No-Lipo Lipo can give you an excellent arm workout in itself, which is my second area of concern. Hello Linda Hamilton arms!!! Very Happy
Hayatixx

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
[quote="cm5597"]
MomofPearl wrote:

Hi MomOfPearl, I'm so glad you posted on this forum. I live in the UK and have been considering taking the licensee course in No Lipo Lipo. I bought the DVD a few months ago and have got some amazing results. I've lost my love handles and have toned my tummy.

I wanted to ask you what the difference is between the home treatments and those offered by a licensee? I know the strokes would include more pressure and perhaps a different technique but does it differ ll that much?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
MomofPearl, you say to always concentrate more on stroking upward on ourselves. Do you also mean to do this on the arms? It looks like more effort is put on the downward stroke while the arm is held up on the DVD. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |