Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Rylie wrote:
Hi Aprile
I don't have the DVD but I have been watching whatever videos that have been uploaded on YouTube on NLL.

Yes..I do have very thin skin, bruise easily and have varicose veins in my lower legs. Besides creepy skin, I have deep knee wrinkles as well.

What should I do next?

I have been so hopeful when I came across this forum and read every exchange on this forum before I embarked on my own treatment.

Okay well now that makes more sense to me now. I dont know how much you can really see from a youtube video. Hmmm... Do you at least have the sisal or horsehair mitt? The reason I ask is because IMO the brushes you see in stores do not work nearly as well. I thiink that you could also strengthen your skin & prevent bruising by taking esther c ( powder), among other things. If you dont mind me asking, are you in menopause or near it? Just trying to get a feel for whats going on with you....
Rylie

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile
I think it would make sense that I get the kit from Carole. Yes, I am taking ester Vit C but I think the right mitt will help build up my skin and prepare it for the knuckle massage.

Thanks for the wonderful advice.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rylie - you are very welcome! Please let me know how you get on! If you ned sny help, just let me know! Best, Aprile 😃
wishee
5% products discount

Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
can this prevent loose skin? my mom recently confided to me that she never wears short sleeved shirts because of her upper arms, and I know "batwings" run in my family.

I have pretty toned arms, but I have noticed an imperceptible jiggle when I move my arms a certain way. I'd like to do all I can to avoid this.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:28 am      Reply with quote
I truly believe it can not only prevent but also reverse those kind of results when they do happen too, but I think that you have to be serious enough to use good quality products (like the Vit E oil) and the nutrients Carole recommended. At first I avoided the supplements, but I noticed when I did finally get them, they turbo charged my results particularly on my thighs, tummy and arms. So for me, I think they are an important part. I'm also in my 60's and so probably have a lot of things to undo, but that's just my take.
wishee wrote:
can this prevent loose skin? my mom recently confided to me that she never wears short sleeved shirts because of her upper arms, and I know "batwings" run in my family.

I have pretty toned arms, but I have noticed an imperceptible jiggle when I move my arms a certain way. I'd like to do all I can to avoid this.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Actually I just wanted to share, in a recent email Carole advised against spot treating. She said that NLL is a complete system that works the entire body and systems (lymphatic, circulation etc) and that just spot treating will not show faster results, but may produce slower ones as a result, the idea is that NLL gets the body better and shifts fat deposits.
aprile wrote:
Oh you can definitely "spot treat" with the NLL system if you want to just "treat" your tummy area. I would however, suggest that you perform the dry brushing on your entire body just because it's so healthy for you and will assist in removing toxins and move lymph in the body! As for the deep knuckle massage part of the treatment, if you don't have excess skin, flab or cellulite in the other areas, then there's no need to treat those areas with the deep knuckle massage. That's just my take. Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I personally believe 3-4 times a day is way way too much to begin with. Remember your body isn't used to it yet, and so just like facial exercises, when you do deep tissue work your body needs to recover from it, and doing it so many times a day, and so many strokes is probably overdoing things too early and too soon. I can't find my notes that came with my kit, but I think they said to do them just once a day (dry brush in the morning before shower) and then massage in the evening before bed. That's easy to do, doesn't take a lot of time etc and is manageable.
Rylie wrote:
Hi Aprile

This is my first time posting.
I have been working on my knee wrinkles, real bad ones for the past 9 days. I have been drying brushing and then doing the knuckle massage 3 to 4 times a day and instead of getting better, the lines are getting deeper and more distinct than before.

Is that how it is supposed to be at the beginning until the skin gets used to it or am I doing too many times a day.

I also do more than 60 strokes for each area each session.

Is that like overdoing things?

Please advise me. Thanks.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Totally Agree Theresa Mary - the skin does need to get used to all of the dry brushing & even the knuckle treatment... I didnt see the recent email from Carole but I think you are definitely onto something regarding the supplements. I think people underestimate their importance for overall health as well as skin health. I know Carole recommends esther c but can you share the others you're taking that you feel make a difference? Just curious! Thanks, Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Sorry it was an email only to me and not a public one where I had email Carole for some guidance.

There was recommendations for supplements in my original kit but I have to hold my hands up and say I ignored them initially. It wasn't for a while into the program that I had issues and Carole was very forthcoming and informative in her response and she recommended the supplements again and I had nothing to lose but to try them and they did definitely have an impact on my results.

I take about 3 – different kinds based on Carole’s recommendations. I have to say that for me personally I think age is a definite factor. I’m in my early 60’s and the skin just isn’t what it used to be, and whether its supplements, hormones or otherwise when you get 60 you just need all the help you can get in my book. A 25 year old probably wouldn’t need them, but ca la vie.
aprile wrote:
Totally Agree Theresa Mary - the skin does need to get used to all of the dry brushing & even the knuckle treatment... I didnt see the recent email from Carole but I think you are definitely onto something regarding the supplements. I think people underestimate their importance for overall health as well as skin health. I know Carole recommends esther c but can you share the others you're taking that you feel make a difference? Just curious! Thanks, Aprile
wishee
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:34 am      Reply with quote
thank you! this thread is so exciting, I read the whole thing and ordered my mitts and dvds. what supplements does she recommend?

TheresaMary wrote:
I truly believe it can not only prevent but also reverse those kind of results when they do happen too, but I think that you have to be serious enough to use good quality products (like the Vit E oil) and the nutrients Carole recommended. At first I avoided the supplements, but I noticed when I did finally get them, they turbo charged my results particularly on my thighs, tummy and arms. So for me, I think they are an important part. I'm also in my 60's and so probably have a lot of things to undo, but that's just my take.
wishee wrote:

aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wishee,

TM didn't want to share as the supplements that were recomended to her personally were sent in a private email from Carole. I understand that. I do know Carole recommends Esther C to avoid bruising and to strengthen the skin. You can also use Arnica Montana if you get a bruise in topical gel form by Boiron. Carole herself uses a number of powder vitamins, and other supplements that aid in detoxification. One of them is called Pure Synergy and is considered a green food. It's fabulous for energy as well. But, having said that, you should email or call her and ask about supportive supplments for your own specific needs to aid in your NLL journey. It does depend upon your age and health status.

Best, Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:26 am      Reply with quote
There was also an A4 sheet that comes with the program that mentions supplements. The ones that Carole referred to me were for my age group (post 60) and also because I'm on bioidentical hormones and one of the recommended ones would upset the balance. I'm sure if people purchased the kit and didn't get the sheet and emailed her though she'd tell them.

I'll see if I can dig out the sheet during the weekend when less busy
wishee
5% products discount

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies. I already take a lot of supplements, just wondering if there was anything I might be missing.

I just did my first treatment, it wasn't time consuming at all! and I agree with everyone who said the mitt is way beyond what the Yerba prima brush felt like, really nice. my skin already feels much softer, and much of my hard bumpy "chicken skin" has diminished already. I'm looking forward to future results.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Oh good Wishee ~ happy to hear you are noticing a marked difference using Carole's special NLL mitts. Yeah the Yerba brushes really don't cut it to break down the fatty tissue or even stimulate lymph drainage or anything. I love the sisal and horsehair mitts she sells. Even the bamboo facial mitt works to *erase* sleep lines from the face. It's like magic!!! Now if it would only erase the dreaded upper lip lines.. Lol. Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your progress! Best, Aprile
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
bumping this up to see how people's results are going with this...

5% products discount

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would chime in as I had pretty disappointing results with NLL. I emailed and TT CM several times and just couldn't get results. In addition, my hands (knuckles especially) got very "beat up" looking and my hands became very veiny. They still look awful one year later...I'm curious if anyone else had this particular reaction? Thanks!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Gosh sorry to hear that. Did Carole not have any suggestions for you? One thing I do know is the supplements she recommends do speed things up and I have done NLL with them and without and always with them I notice things are faster and better. My hands in the beginning took a beating too - and were sore but I think its like most new things - it takes a while to get used to the technique and how to do it.
nickicaps wrote:
I thought I would chime in as I had pretty disappointing results with NLL. I emailed and TT CM several times and just couldn't get results. In addition, my hands (knuckles especially) got very "beat up" looking and my hands became very veiny. They still look awful one year later...I'm curious if anyone else had this particular reaction? Thanks!
snookydoops
5% products discount

Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Having a bit of a blitz before my hols and doing AIYD and came across this thread.

I haven't read the whole thread but know that it's something I'd like to try.

Anyone know where I can buy a copy of the DVD in the UK? Does anyone have one to sell (you can PM me) and @theresamary and @aprile what were your longer term results?

Thanks!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Its not available in UK - you have to order on Facercise website.

My longer term results have been great. Its helped my skin overall - particularly my arms - there was some flabby skin there and on legs too and this firmed it up quite nicely.

I did try the supplementation too at one point, but it was costly and so I disbanded from it - but have still had results. It definitely stops fatty deposits sitting around and staying. Plus for me, my waist has shrunk somewhat and is tighter and toned moreso. I love that system!!!
snookydoops wrote:
Hi

Having a bit of a blitz before my hols and doing AIYD and came across this thread.

I haven't read the whole thread but know that it's something I'd like to try.

Anyone know where I can buy a copy of the DVD in the UK? Does anyone have one to sell (you can PM me) and @theresamary and @aprile what were your longer term results?

Thanks!
snookydoops
5% products discount

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks @theresamary - great to hear you got good long term results.

i emailed this eve to see if she did a download version and got an email right back saying nope lol - so i'll need to order and then figure out how to transfer it to my laptop. I travel and have no dvd player Rolling Eyes
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Snookydoops, my situation is similar. I live in Europe and I registered on CM site to buy the DVD, but the cost of delivery plus tax is even higher than the DVD itself (about 55 dollars). Well, I'm not sure if I want to pay almost 100 dollars for a single DVD... I checked both the British and the German Amazon, but nope. No idea what to do.
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention something important - I talked to an acquaintance of mine, a derm who is very much into natural things (facial exercises, massages, dry brushing, these kinds of things) and she was very adamant that one shouldn't do dry brushing every day, because it is not good for the skin at all. She mentioned some Pubmed studies, but TBH,I didn't check that. I remember vaguely that Sean from FE said something similar about dry brushing. What do you guys think?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:22 am      Reply with quote
I’m not so convinced by that. I know Sean means well, but to me the proof is always sin the pudding. For me and my skin, I do No Lipo every day without fail and it makes my skin look and feel good. In the beginning I used to go very red as the gloves were quite harsh but my skin has got used to them and nowadays it doesn’t bother it at all.
I suppose starting out it might not be a good idea, but I don’t see why people can’t work up to it.
I’m not technically minded, so for me having a physical product was ideal and I like the set that it came with – the gloves, oil etc. To me it was well worth the money I spent and I don’t regret it one bit!
malgorzatah wrote:
I forgot to mention something important - I talked to an acquaintance of mine, a derm who is very much into natural things (facial exercises, massages, dry brushing, these kinds of things) and she was very adamant that one shouldn't do dry brushing every day, because it is not good for the skin at all. She mentioned some Pubmed studies, but TBH,I didn't check that. I remember vaguely that Sean from FE said something similar about dry brushing. What do you guys think?
snookydoops
5% products discount

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I ordered it but it took AGES to come. I can get the brushing done in 8 minutes. Then shower. Then massage. 31 minutes total. TBH there's little to no Vance I'll do this daily. I'm going to aim for every other day. Starting on Sunday for 28 days and let's see what can we achieved...
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Whilst I did it daily in the beginning, I've not continued to do so, and like you do it every other day and have still had good results.

For me I notice a definite difference though when I use the recommended supplements alongside than without. It definitely does something - although what I'm not quite sure as I eat very healthily.

I find it actually a great way to wake up in the mornings. I often am the first up, whilst hubby and children sleep in their beds, and do the brushing first thing and massage and then hit the shower.
snookydoops wrote:
Hi. I ordered it but it took AGES to come. I can get the brushing done in 8 minutes. Then shower. Then massage. 31 minutes total. TBH there's little to no Vance I'll do this daily. I'm going to aim for every other day. Starting on Sunday for 28 days and let's see what can we achieved...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |