Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Sister,

I currently just do the massage on my upper arms. Just really a time thing, I do it in the shower with soap. NLL is awesome, just the dry brushing has helped my improve my thigh cellulite by about 30%. I am not really consistant and I use shower gloves, so I am looking forward to more results when I get my louffa and do the massage.

Since doing my arms, I can really see a difference in that wrinkly elbow area, it has really toned up that area.

Great purchase for $40 and I actually have the quickest results with Facercise, although I mix in FE and LouLou's ageless.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I too am very happy with this. I used to dry brush for about a year with the BS long brush but this is way better and quicker. Its winter here and my legs were so dry but after a week are so much better (I am DB once a day. Doing the massage every second day and getting better and quicker at it. The key is lots of oil for slip and I am using Palmers Oil cheap and fees nice.
No drastic changes yet but I also have started a low carb diet and reduced my alcohol intake.
I too have the Pose but have suspended this to I have done 10 weeks of the NLL.
I'm happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
LuvToSmile wrote:
I have to think that exfoliation with the dry brushing stimulates a reaction of blood to rise to the surface (Duh ! I know this sounds so non-technical) but I think there is something to the dry brushing more then just exfoliation. Not to mention, it FEELS good !

I agree

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
LuvToSmile wrote:
I have to think that exfoliation with the dry brushing stimulates a reaction of blood to rise to the surface (Duh ! I know this sounds so non-technical) but I think there is something to the dry brushing more then just exfoliation. Not to mention, it FEELS good !

Thanks! I think I'll rotate between the AHA body lotion and the dry brushing then.
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished my second at home session with the NLL. Have you noticed she does not dry brush the top of the hands or arms? why do you think this is?

Also the model was doing 60 strokes for each area of the thigh. I do not think time was allowed for all 60 (maybe the model only did 30?) or perhaps I am just really slow in working the thigh. Working my thighs gave my arms a workout, I got tired before all 60 strokes were completed !

I am tempted to get out my measuring tape to see if I lose inches but I am sure how my clothes fit will be a good indicator too !

Do you recommend dry brushing the face, neck and chest with the bamboo mitt ? I really want to tighten up the area under my chin. I see turkey wattle in my future Sad

Overall this system is very easy, and it feels good and does not take too much time.
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
[/quote]I always wanted to get an aeropilates machine after talking to you about them way back when, but I can't seem to find a place that'll ship to Oz. And the ones sold here are $1200 with NO REBOUNDER. What a rip off. Crying or Very sad
So I'm hoping to make a dent with the cupping and No Lipo Lipo.[/quote]

I got an aeropilates based on Toby's recommendation on Labmuffins, it was a great buy. Highly recommend if you can find one ! I cannot believe the prices in her own country !
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
One final comment which I forgot to add earlier. I purchased two mitts on someone's advice on this thread . . . and I am glad I did.

It is absolutely not necessary to have two mitts, but it is helpful so you don't have to switch back and forth from hand to hand, and it cuts down on the time somewhat as well. It sounds like Aprile is a speedy pro but I guess I am more of a slowpoke.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
The knuckling technique does give your arms a work-out. I just consider that a bonus Wink

I don't know why the dry brushing does not include the other areas. I love the sisal mitt - outstanding. I used to have a brush and it doesn't come close.

It feels so good - I didn't get the back strap but if I find one out someday I'm going to pick it up. I know it won't be quite the same but that's okay.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
LuvToSmile wrote:
Also the model was doing 60 strokes for each area of the thigh. I do not think time was allowed for all 60 (maybe the model only did 30?) or perhaps I am just really slow in working the thigh. Working my thighs gave my arms a workout, I got tired before all 60 strokes were completed !

She did 60 strokes. She was just very fast.

I bought 2 mitts too based on the recommendation here. It cuts down time as I can do both legs at the same time.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I did my third session this morning.About a half hour ago
I noticed I have some tiny bruises from doing it two days ago. Not many - one on my calf a few on each thigh.
And my arms are soooo tired....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Ladies ~ I dry brush my entire body ~ including the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. This is great for detoxifying your body. I believe the reason why she doesn't actually include those areas on the dvd is because she doesn't want to make the routine seem too daunting. Carole & her staff actually use 40 strokes per area as well when they dry brush. Again, she created the dvd for the average person who doesn't have a lot of time. The 60 scrubs with the knuckle massage is exactly what she does on her clients in her spa. I was very curious ~ so I asked her about this!! I even dry brush my face in 30 circular motions each area of my face & neck. It's really helping keep my skin more firm and even seems to be generating more collagen. The skin just seems thicker! Great stuff. I have to admit between baseball and summer activities with my son ~ I have slacked off with the NLL, but am getting back on track this week. However, I have not suffered any adverse effects~! Take good care, Aprile Smile
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Is it okay to do the program everyday? If not, how often at most can I do it?
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also wondering about frequency-in particular-doing the massage daily on the back of my arms-the part that waves so "merrily" to everyone! I'm finding the technique to be very quick to be able to easily do this every day!
Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think it would be a good idea NOT to do it daily - I would want to give the body time to absorb the loosened fat and then let the liver, gall bladder , and kidneys to process it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
I think it would be a good idea NOT to do it daily - I would want to give the body time to absorb the loosened fat and then let the liver, gall bladder , and kidneys to process it.

A good point. Thanks. I just wish Carole Maggio had told us how often we could do it. I can't find the information in her DVD or on her website.

My thighs are sore today. Is this normal, or did I massage too hard? Thanks.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have little bruises ( a couple)and i was a little sore. Not like working out sore but sensitive to the touch sore. Maybe I was too hard too?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Does Carole Maggio have a message board to ask things like this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Ladies ~ I dry brush my entire body ~ including the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. This is great for detoxifying your body. I believe the reason why she doesn't actually include those areas on the dvd is because she doesn't want to make the routine seem too daunting. Carole & her staff actually use 40 strokes per area as well when they dry brush. Again, she created the dvd for the average person who doesn't have a lot of time. Smile

For the cost of the dvd and for the super motivated she might mention that you could use up to 40 strokes if you wanted to. A range is always understandable. That said - Thank you Aprile for telling us and I will try to do the 40 when/as I can. I am so glad we have you for giving us the rest of the story... thank you thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing it for a couple of days now, and ladies you girls are also bad influences on me, as I bought two mits to save time and the loofah strap and oil. I have to say I am really impressed so far. My skin does feel very smooth afterwards, and although I haven’t measured, I think I am seeing some fat loss (thank the Lord!).

I do think Carole’s neck is amazing, and wondered if she does the brushing and knuckle massage there too (does anyone know?). When I ordered, I also ordered two of the facial mitts (a bamboo one and another one) which the website said to alternate between the two for faster results, and have to be honest, I haven’t tried them yet as I am not really sure what to do with them. I was a little surprised not to see any facial kind of brushing technique done on the face, because selling the facial mits, she must be doing it because she thinks the facial brushing is ok? Aprile do you know what she recommends for people to do with the face – is there a routine she recommends?

Either way, I’m glad I asked (and started this thread) and thanks ladies for the inspiration, you have made a 50 year old start feeling like a girl again!

IMCathy she doesn't have a message board, but does respond to emails, but it takes up to 7 working days at times, and I usually have forgotten the question by then Laughing

Theresa
suldrun
5% products discount

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi all you lovely ladies,

I don't come here much but I had some time last week and decided to check in..........and it cost me about $100 lol. You all are so bad.

As it happened I was sitting on my couch in my night shirt with my laptop.I found the no lipo lipo thread and looked down at my thighs ......flabby and mushy lol. On an impulse I ordered the CD, back trap, mitt and the facial mitt ( not the bamboo one)

This morning I did the entire routine for the first time. Wow what a workout. I could not do all the strokes because my arms are so out of shape but I figure I will work up to 60 and get stronger arms in the process.

I feel wonderful. More alert and awake almost like I just came back from a morning jog Smile
My skin feels wonderful. I look forward to seeing the results. I do have a natural dry brush that I have used for years but with the mitt and back-strap my skin feels way smoother then with any brush I have ever tried definitely worth the money IMHO.

Thanks for the reviews and I'll make sure to update as time goes on. I am excited to hear about everyone else's results also.

Suldrun
Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
For the cost of the dvd and for the super motivated she might mention that you could use up to 40 strokes if you wanted to. A range is always understandable. That said - Thank you Aprile for telling us and I will try to do the 40 when/as I can. I am so glad we have you for giving us the rest of the story... thank you thank you.

Sister ~ To clarify: Carole stated to me that she performs 40 strokes on her clients at her spa. It is NOT necessary to perform 40 in order to see results ~ 30 will suffice. However, 40 certainly will not hurt. You can also decide to perform the routine every day and see results much quicker if you wanted. There are no side effects using the NLL routine. The knuckle massage is safe and digging in helps break down the connective tissue & therefore targets the cellulite better than anything else. The recommendations she gives are based on results achieved using 30 strokes and 40 knuckle massages per area. She needed to put a recommendation on her dvd as a guideline. However, it is not etched in stone, and there are no side effects from performing the routine more often than recommended. FYI Endermologie does not really work to break down and eliminate cellulite due to the flat back and forth motion. It can also cause damage to the skin and even lumpiness. HTH! Aprile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, Aprile! This is great information Smile I love Carole's NLL!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
When I ordered, I also ordered two of the facial mitts (a bamboo one and another one) which the website said to alternate between the two for faster results, and have to be honest, I haven’t tried them yet as I am not really sure what to do with them. I was a little surprised not to see any facial kind of brushing technique done on the face, because selling the facial mits, she must be doing it because she thinks the facial brushing is ok? Aprile do you know what she recommends for people to do with the face – is there a routine she recommends? Theresa

Hi Theresa ~ I am so glad to hear you are having great results with the NLL & louffas. Yes, Carole recommends using the facial mitts and alternating between the two. I use the facial beauty mitt in the AM and the Bamboo Mitt in the evening. You should have received a sheet describing how to use. Using circular motions, I try and do 30 small circular motions per each area of my face. My skin feels so soft and looks much more toned and lifted since using them. I feel since I added the bamboo mitt, my face feels stronger & the skin feels thicker. Carole said it stimulates collagen production. I have thin skin so that side effect is awesome for me!! Best wishes! Aprile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Mine arrived yesterday! Whoo-hoo! I will begin this weekend for my arms...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
So I bought the set + the other louffas, got my package (double-quick arrival time from CA to FL, excellent customer service ), and I have decided the sisal backstrap is my new best friend. Very Happy

But I can't find any info on how to care for the louffas. Do we rinse them after every use? Or wash them with mild soap? Do we sanitize periodically (like with washing in very hot water, or boiling them briefly, etc.)?

I emailed the Maggio spa about this yesterday, but have yet to hear from them. As I'm using the things this weekend I'd like to know.

Anyone know about recommended care protocols?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |