Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
piglet
5% products discount

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I have a certain amount of bumpiness on my chin. I do massage quite aggressively (pinching and rolling) but I'm not seeing much of a difference. I think this could be a form of cellulite. I’ve just started lurking on this thread which seems quite fascinating. I’ve started dry brushing again, using a brush in each hand (full body). But even though I have been dry brushing my face for a couple of years, using Retin A, the vaculifter and manual massage, my chin is still bumpy. Does anyone have any experience of something similar? I’m wondering whether the knuckle massage would help, and will certainly go ahead and give it a try – nothing to lose.
Would some kind of lymphatic flush help (to flush internal toxins)?
I also carry tension in my chin and mouth which makes the dimpling look worse. Quite honestly, I’ve even started thinking about injectibles as a way of evening out the area.
One good thing is that the dimpling hasn’t worsened. And I know someone who had slightly more dimpling than myself and, over the years, it’s really become more prominent.
I’d love to hear what other people have experienced. Thanks Smile
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm skeptical of claims like this. I'd like to see some before and after photos where someone did this on one thigh, for example and then compare it to the untreated thigh. Of course, with Photoshop you can't really believe your eyes.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Photoshop has ruined believability in everything.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I made an order for the Bundle on 25/1/2010.

I emailed them for details of delivery and tracking code. But I haven't got a reply since then. I even checked my spam folders and I haven't got a reply.I just hope that my Order is alright.

What are your experiences with the customer service on Carole Maggio's site?

Anyway I sent another email to Carole and I hope to receive a reply soon.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
garbath wrote:
I made an order for the Bundle on 25/1/2010.

I emailed them for details of delivery and tracking code. But I haven't got a reply since then. I even checked my spam folders and I haven't got a reply.I just hope that my Order is alright.

What are your experiences with the customer service on Carole Maggio's site?

Anyway I sent another email to Carole and I hope to receive a reply soon.

I have ordered several things from her site and haven't received any notice about shipping or anything until it arrives. Most times the shipping was fast but with her new dvd out they maybe a little slower. I did email Carole about one shipment and she returned the email and my product had already been sent. I don't think you have anything to worry about. The No Lipo is wonderful!

5% products discount

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby!I'm relieved now.

To be fair to Carole when I emailed her about the product before purchasing it she was really quick in replying. So I was really amazed with her service.

Based on your past experience buying products on her site, I really don't have anything to worry about!
garbath
5% products discount

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to let everyone know that since writing my earlier post, Carole has emailed me about the product. She has answered all my queries and I am realy grateful for her customer service. It was shipped immediately after I had purchased it.

She has asked me to inform her once I have receieved the product.

Two thumbs up from me on her service.
garbath
5% products discount

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let you know that I have received the package today! Woohoo! She shipped the item on the day I ordered itself.

It got kind of stuck at my local post office as Customs cleared it for release on 30/1/2010!

Items are intact and good to go. I can't wait to do the no lipo lipo and am off to watch the DVD now.

Hurray for Carole MAggio everyone!
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered my DVD... I have been waiting until I had my baby to start my skin and body care routines and now that 10 days has passed since giving birth I am ready to get back in shape, look and feel better.

I am really excited and cant wait to get my dvd.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
garbath
5% products discount

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:39 am      Reply with quote
The no lipo- lipo is really good. If you are consistent you will really see the difference.

After about 14 days doing the whole routine, I noticed that my pants were looser. I've somewhat stopped doing the knuckle treatment but I kep doing the dry brushing and its amazing.

Did you buy just the DVD or the whole package which came with the mitt, strap and the vit e oil?
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the DVD and have received it, i havent strted yet asi am batteling a severe case of masttis and have a horrible nipple abcess, sotty tmi, right, but iplan to get on it asap!

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I JUST received my No Lipo Lipo DVD today, WOOHOO! I'm sooo excited Smile

I'm taking a bunch of before pictures and measurements this afternoon and will be faithfully sticking to this program every day for 60 days. Every week I'll be taking pics/measurements to see my progress. I'm going to post feedback/results as I go - some of you just got the DVD, have you started? Wanna go along with me and post your feedback/results too?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Dragonflye, I wanna track my progress too, I just looked at the video today, it seems simple cant wait to try it... I will start as soon as I can, I have a new born so Im just waiting till we get in a routine... a newborn and a toddler, mama mia!!

dragonflyte
5% products discount

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Bombshellbella, I love doing it, I must say. It's time I spend for "me" working on "myself" - I hang out my bathing suit every time I do it to give me motivation, lol.

A newborn and a toddler... oh my...! And I thought a puppy was a handful Wink

5% products discount

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing a deep knuckle massage on my body in the shower for years. It does work! Just wondering how this DVD differs than what I do. Probably not much.

What do you all do with the loofahs?
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
It differs not too much, but this is more of a system with different ways of stimulating the skin of problem areas.

The loofahs are for skin brushing. People use different products to brush their skin (loofahs, boar bristle brushes, loofah mits, etc.). I kinda like using a brush, though it's a bit more harsh... or maybe I should use the term "intensely invigorating" Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not questionning that the program might have worked for some people and maybe everyone who was consistent with it. but those before and after pictures on the website are photoshopped. so I'm not buying.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I've got to say hands down its a wonderful system. Yes it does involve a knuckle massage, but its in a specific sequence, but more importantly the massage is done with oil. Also Carole has you do a dry brushing kind of sequence, except with a loofah glove thats much stronger than any brush I've ever used.

Also she has tips on supplements (she recommends a particular mixture) and the no carbs after 5pm. Its really worth its money, and if your only doing a dvd knuckle massage, I'd say your missing out!

Theresa
spence wrote:
I've been doing a deep knuckle massage on my body in the shower for years. It does work! Just wondering how this DVD differs than what I do. Probably not much.

What do you all do with the loofahs?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I've said to dragonflyte already but I really believe that if your not using her products, then your short changing yourself. My natural health food shop has a variety of brushes and gloves and I've tried them and none of them come any where near in comparison and its the ones the models use - and you can see them turning bright red because of the increased circulation.
dragonflyte wrote:
It differs not too much, but this is more of a system with different ways of stimulating the skin of problem areas.

The loofahs are for skin brushing. People use different products to brush their skin (loofahs, boar bristle brushes, loofah mits, etc.). I kinda like using a brush, though it's a bit more harsh... or maybe I should use the term "intensely invigorating" Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't think they would put them on the website if they had been photoshopped - as they could be sued over it as thats false sdvertising isn't it. Has had do you know its been photoshopped - what makes you say that?
has wrote:
I'm not questionning that the program might have worked for some people and maybe everyone who was consistent with it. but those before and after pictures on the website are photoshopped. so I'm not buying.
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
They can fool some people maybe but they didn't even do a good job. anyone who pays a little attention to details on these pictures will see it clearly.

This stuff is part of my job.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Ok can you give us insight plesae, I mean I'm looking and I can't see how you can tell they're photoshoped. What is it that makes you think so? Please share as it means I'll know what to look for in future?

Aprile - do you think Carole has had photoshoped photos posted. She doesn't strike me as the type but Has seems to think there is proof in the photos?
has wrote:
They can fool some people maybe but they didn't even do a good job. anyone who pays a little attention to details on these pictures will see it clearly.

This stuff is part of my job.
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I use Photoshop and Illustrator all the time. It's quite hard to tell unless you are looking at a high resolution photo, but sometimes there is obviously a "smoothing" of the skin pigment which gives it away.

I use Photoshop to actually retouch images (including my own to remove any wrinkles or blemishes!). I've used it for 10yrs intensively and I consider myself a pro at doing a flawless job of it. If someone knows what they are doing, it's extremely difficult to tell that photos have been Photoshopped.

I will say though it's an extremely common practice. Cosmetic surgeons, swimsuit and skin care manufacturers do it all the time. It's obvious in the billboards for makeup and skin care products that the skin has been Photoshopped because the tone is absolutely perfect in all of the models - not at all realistic. Whether the solutions work or not seem irrelevant to whether people Photoshop images - even when it's not really necessary to the success of the product.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunatley we like to think that's the case but it isn't. I worked for one of the biggest cosmetics companies in the world for 2yrs - believe me do to it to "EVERY" picture, often quite extensively.

One of my graphic designers freelances for a very well known lingerie manufacturer and that's all he does - Photoshop women's legs, thighs, bellies and arms! Smile

I don't know if No Lipo Lipo Photoshops images, and I really don't care to be honest. Everyone does it. I'm going by the feedback of users on forums like this who have used the product and have had success with it (like yourself).

theresemary2009 wrote:
I don't think they would put them on the website if they had been photoshopped - as they could be sued over it as thats false sdvertising isn't it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
So what is it your looking at when you examine the before and afters and see photoshop? Is it the smoothing of the skin pigment, and is that something that you believe couldn't be achieved with that technique?
dragonflyte wrote:
I use Photoshop and Illustrator all the time. It's quite hard to tell unless you are looking at a high resolution photo, but sometimes there is obviously a "smoothing" of the skin pigment which gives it away.

I use Photoshop to actually retouch images (including my own to remove any wrinkles or blemishes!). I've used it for 10yrs intensively and I consider myself a pro at doing a flawless job of it. If someone knows what they are doing, it's extremely difficult to tell that photos have been Photoshopped.

I will say though it's an extremely common practice. Cosmetic surgeons, swimsuit and skin care manufacturers do it all the time. It's obvious in the billboards for makeup and skin care products that the skin has been Photoshopped because the tone is absolutely perfect in all of the models - not at all realistic. Whether the solutions work or not seem irrelevant to whether people Photoshop images - even when it's not really necessary to the success of the product.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |