Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Metaphora wrote:
The drawbacks are it can be exhausting & stressing on the arms, shoulders, back, neck - which might keep people from doing it as often as needed - and also, you can't rub your own back ... I thought this technique looked like it would work wonders on the stubborn back fat - but of course you'd need someone else to do it for you then!

I don't have the loofah Carole sells - I do have Yerba Linda natural brushes for dry body brushing and use those. I like the looks of Carole's loofah and might get it at some point though.

Come on Meta ~ You are too young to say that! Carole is 63 and does 10 of these treatments a day on clients at her spa!! You can do it too! Honestly, I cannot believe how great she looks and her body looks young too! You really don't need anyone to help you do this. But, you do need the louffas to aid your progress. The two really go hand in hand in the No, Lipo Lipo system. The e oil aids in the process as well by helping your knuckle glide on your skin. I can't sing enough praises for this system because I DON'T NEED to spend BIG BUCKS on Endermologie or any other treatments on the marketplace. I have this system to use in the privacy of my own home and it works!!! I want to hear back from you once you start seeing those great results!!! Aprile Smile

LOL Aprile. I didn't mean that I was going to wuss out over a little strain and sweating Laughing

But I do think it's a bit tiring and people who aren't fit, or who have arthritis, or neck and wrist problems, might find it harder to keep up the routine ... I thought it should be mentioned!

(I do have arthritis - luckily it affects my knees mostly, not my wrists or shoulders.)

But I'm serious about the back fat - how could one possibly do this technique on themselves to target the back? Really? My arms are not that long or bendy!

I really like my Yerba Prima dry brushes for the body but I've been lusting over Carole's loofah back strap and I think I will get her loofahs & face mitts quite soon.

Also I actually tried doing this massage on dry skin and I do NOT recommend that ... yeouch!! Embarassed

Dry brushing/loofah on dry skin = good

No-Lipo massage on dry skin = bad

Definitely next time I'll use oil!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Well I have done the first treatment and I am impressed. The dvd is very well done with instructions sufficient as you go. The thing about Carole is she is loaded with energy and that motivates you as you go. It is a great technique for the skin and also a workout for you while you perform it. I can see where the back would be more challenging but even if you didn't have a partner to help I think it can be achieved. Really this is a technique that everyone could benefit from even if cellulite isn't an issue....it is great for the skin period. We should be taught these techniques just as much as we are taught the proper way to brush our teeth. This is a must in my book for body and skin care and I am grateful this is available for the general public, and the dvd as visual is perfect. Thumbs up to both Carole Maggio and April for sharing about it.

Toby, how can one use this technique on one's own back? ... I'm really wondering about that because my arms aren't long or bendy enough to do a knuckle massage on my own back ... though definitely the dry brushing I can do - with a long-handled brush or the loofah strap. But I really can't figure out how to massage my own back! hmm

I agree though - this is an impressive technique and I'm definitely including it in my regular self-care arsenal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I would consider asking a good friend to share this technique and ask them to help you with 10 treatments and let them use the dvd for themselves as well. Beyond the beginning treatments you might have to do the best you can reaching on either side. Something is better than nothing and you might be surprised with what creative measures you might come up with.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed my order for the DVD with the loofahs and the others she had. Really excited to get started.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Meta ~ You know, you should ask Carole about how to address the back area specifically. As you know, this isn't covered on her dvd, probably since she addresses the areas of the body that most women seem to complain about ~ the thighs, belly, back of the upper arms & glugeons (fat that hangs over the bra). However, she might have some tips for you as to how to massage this area yourself. I have to say that the strap does work really well for the back though. I have used it in a back and forth motion where your bra comes across the back, and back and forth at my waist as well. I have to say I feel it does tighten the skin and my waist seems smaller since using it!

I'm sure the Yerba Prima dry brushes are doing you good as well. I just think the louffa strap can address that area particular better. Dry brushing is great for tightening & detoxifying the skin, & aids in obtaining overall health....as you already know! The important thing is the number of strokes (scrubs)....the more the better to tighten and firm the skin. The difference between say 20 and 40 is amazing!

Good luck Meta ~ I am sure you are going to achieve your personal goals using this system. You might even help the arthritis in your knees by massaging that area with the no, lipo lipo technique. Glad to see you have a good sense of humor about things ~ we certainly all need that in this life Laughing Take good care, Aprile
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Marjolein Brugman the creator of the aeroplilates is from Oz and lives there part time.....She responds to emails so you might want to see what she can conjure up.
Toby

Toby I've already spoken with Marjolein by email and the only one's that're available here are well over a grand. Can you believe that, since she's from here!! Shock

So in the meantime I'm patiently waiting for my No lipo Lipo. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I have done my third treatment with No Lipo Lipo and these are my thoughts at this point. Very easy technique but effective. I bought the loofah mitt and it does an excellent job of exfoliation on the skin....much better than the skin brush I have. My skin looked so much better after the first treatment and that I am sure is due to the mitt. I can tell a difference after three treatments in the cellulite.Skin seems tighter and more toned, cellulite somewhat less noticeable. My guess is there will definitely be a big difference after the 12 treatments but this as well as any thing else will need to be continued for maintenance. Time involved is less the more familiar you get with the technique. This is easy enough to be a part of a routine done three or four times a week. My only regret is that I didn't know about this 10 yrs ago.... Laughing Again thumbs up to No Lipo Lipo
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have done my third treatment with No Lipo Lipo and these are my thoughts at this point. Very easy technique but effective. I bought the loofah mitt and it does an excellent job of exfoliation on the skin....much better than the skin brush I have. My skin looked so much better after the first treatment and that I am sure is due to the mitt. I can tell a difference after three treatments in the cellulite.Skin seems tighter and more toned, cellulite somewhat less noticeable. My guess is there will definitely be a big difference after the 12 treatments but this as well as any thing else will need to be continued for maintenance. Time involved is less the more familiar you get with the technique. This is easy enough to be a part of a routine done three or four times a week. My only regret is that I didn't know about this 10 yrs ago.... Laughing Again thumbs up to No Lipo Lipo
Toby

Thanks for the update Toby. Once again you are proving to be one of our 'fearless leaders' at EDS.

Would you consider taking pics of your progress?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:24 am      Reply with quote
As most of you know cellulite is no respecter of size or age......my legs are small but cellulite is no respecter of size,or age....I have seen it on my babies Laughing With that said....pictures aren't in the works but trust me girlfriends, if I get rid of the cellulite my enthusiasm will make pictures totally unnecessary. It will be a call for the boogie of the century Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Toby!
I've been thinking of purchasing and now I will.
I trust your opinion.
Kim
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Lovet this thread... but I am really tempted to order... I just might.

And I am really really afraid of what else is in store for my "aging" body.... AHHHH...

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I started dry brushing a couple months ago, as I have a patch of cellulite on the back of my right leg that has become much more pronounced since last summer Sad. I also bought a brush-like massage thing (it has wooden nobby things instead of bristles), and have been aggressively rubbing/massaging the spot with that.
Well, the cellulite has NOT lessened, and I could swear the "dent" has become WORSE!

I am pretty fit, and by most accounts, quite thin (I don't think so, but I'm not a very good judge of my body). Yes, I'm 38, but the cellulite has accelerated, as well as spider veins. It's freaking me out. I don't have much money to spend, so don't want to plunk down $$ for a fad that doesn't work.

Help!!!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
herama wrote:
I started dry brushing a couple months ago, as I have a patch of cellulite on the back of my right leg that has become much more pronounced since last summer Sad. I also bought a brush-like massage thing (it has wooden nobby things instead of bristles), and have been aggressively rubbing/massaging the spot with that.
Well, the cellulite has NOT lessened, and I could swear the "dent" has become WORSE!

I am pretty fit, and by most accounts, quite thin (I don't think so, but I'm not a very good judge of my body). Yes, I'm 38, but the cellulite has accelerated, as well as spider veins. It's freaking me out. I don't have much money to spend, so don't want to plunk down $$ for a fad that doesn't work.

Help!!!

Herama,
I truly understand the frustration of trying to get rid of cellulite, I have been battling it since 26 and now I am in my fifties. I have had success with aeropilates and that was with cellulite and some spider vieins on the inside of my knee. The rebounder on the aeropilates works on the lymph system. But when I couldn't do the areopilates the cellulite returned. I have done simple dry brushing before and it did give the skin a nice glow and boosted energy in the body,but the cellulite wasn't eliminated. The No Lipo Lipo combines the dry brushing and a massage technique...very vigorous . If you want to wait till I finish 12 treatments, I will be sure to review my results here. I am diligent and determined to give this everything that it is worth for the sake of ridding the dreaded cellulite demon! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:51 am      Reply with quote
^^I am totally going to wait for your review... then I am on the boat.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Toby. I will wait for your results...
I have been an obsessive exerciser for many years, and only really faced cellulite during one period of my life, maybe 10 years ago. I lost the extra weight and exercised the cellulite away. I know cellulite has alot to do with the structure of the skin, which is why thin women have it, too, but damn, it's NOT pleasant. I'm actually ashamed of my legs. Kinda sad I place that much emphasis on my appearance, but I've gotten alot of positive attention for my body most of my adult life, so it's hard to see it starting to degrade, despite the large amount of exercise I do. Sad
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Herama,
Don't be so hard on yourself.....we are all here because we care how we look. After all we have to look at ourselves all of our life Shock ....we want to look the best we can...nothing wrong with that. Take cheer we might have some answers with this skin brushing and massage technique and where there is a will..there is a way! Wink It just takes a heck of a lot of work Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've ordered mine too, but noticed that she has a special offer on her site so that the dvd comes with a back device and a loofah mit and am so excited Toby, I can't wait. How long does the routine roughly take? Not that timing is a problem, if it takes me an hour, I'll make that time to get rid of my excess fat.

I think I saw in her newsletter recently that she mentioned an important part of the program she developed was no carbs after 5pm or something (which is going to be tough for me and kiddies) but I'm gonna give it all I got. Are there other things you have to work into your every day life in conjunction with that. Does she recommend particular oils (I see someone metioned Vit E oil already).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
The loofah alone is fabulous, the skin looks amazing. The routine takes about 15 minutes. I still need the dvd to get the massage right but the skin brushing I can do without looking at the dvd. Every woman should know this technique...it really is good skincare.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Herama, I can totally,totally relate to your comments. I have excercised and eaten right all my life. I never thought I'd have cellutlite on the front of my legs and my ankles Rolling Eyes But, I do! PHOOEY!

5% products discount

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,
I bought the No Lipo Lipo DVD & loufas after doing a search for cellulite and finding this thread. I ordered on the June 24th & received my order on the 26th. I didn’t receive the free Vitamin E oil, I e-mailed the company but haven’t heard back yet.
Yesterday was the first day that I could do the massage, today my thighs are sore & I have a couple of bruises. I guess I got a little aggressive. I'm targeting my "saddlebags" that I hate. I'm a fit person with these two globs of fat with cellulite on the side of my thighs. Doing squats has helped firm up that area but didn't eliminate the fat pockets.
I will keep everyone posted with my results. I was hoping to do the massage everyday but since I bruised I'm going to lay off a couple of days. I hope my BF doesn't ask why I'm bruised there. We go boating every weekend so I'm in a swimsuit a lot & want to look toned, not flabby.
I use a dermaroller sporatically, frankly it hurts to use it but I'm hoping to rebuild the collagen on my thighs and butt.
Reggie
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone that's doing this, please keep me posted on results!

I looked on web for some video that might show at least an example of how to do the massage, but alas, nada.

I did see a video of Carole Maggio giving someone the massage. It looks to me like she is simply using her knuckles and massaging in the direction of the heart. Is this correct?
I find this particularly interesting, as there is a thread somewhere on here where a woman describes her yearly attack on her cellulite. She did a cleanse combined with brushing and what she describes as very aggressive massage, with her knuckles, that often left her bruised. She claimed it was effective. I tried that technique, got bruised and sore, and left it alone after that.

I hope to hear some positive results!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
This is a knuckle type massage along with a skin brushing that is done with a loofah mitt. I haven't had any busing but everyone's skin tissue is different. For me what makes this different is the loofah truly removes dead skin better than brushes I have used before and the instructions with the actually coaching while you are performing the massage is motivating. When I finish I feel like I knew what I was doing and accomplished the task well. Also I am seeing some improvement. I expect in 12 sessions there will definitely be improvement but I am also realistic enough to know it will need to be an ongoing process to keep the cellulite at bay. This is a system that is easy enough as well as motivating.... that is important so that I can keep it up.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
ok ladies I have a quick question....from the info I have read if you were to have Carole do this you would go in for 2 sessions per week. With the home video one do you it every day or twice a week?
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I have been getting Carole's newsletter for years; signed up because I used was practicing her facercize methods.
I have been periodically checking Amazon for reviews of the no-lipo.
There still isn't one for that, but someone just gave a raving review for her skin firming cream.

In her facercise book, she did some things that didn't set well with me...it was the before and after photos. The after shots had photos of people with make-up and the before's without, that sort of cheap trick. It was really obvious too, I don't know how she could have possibly thought nobody would notice.

I really wish she had not done that, because that makes me a little wary of this program.
But, I would like to also add, that occasionally I have emailed her and she was very prompt in answering my questions, exceptionally detailed, friendly and helpful.
She seems like a very nice lady who sincerely wants to help people accomplish their goals.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
halfbakedtulip wrote:
ok ladies I have a quick question....from the info I have read if you were to have Carole do this you would go in for 2 sessions per week. With the home video one do you it every day or twice a week?

Hi Halfbaked,

To answer your question: It really depends on how much cellulite you need to tackle. I would say that if you want to reduce/eliminate cellulite and have a considerable amount on your body, you should try & perform the routine every day. But, do what your schedule allows. If you only need to spot treat, like just your thighs - it will take you even less time. There is no need to perform the entire routine unless you need to. You should however, perform the dry brushing as per her dvd every day, not only for toning and lifting the body skin, but it aids in your overall health. This technique actually detoxifies your body. These are great sisal brushes and all you need to do is rinse them once a week and allow them to air dry. (There is also a facial beauty mitt for the face & neck area as well. It is more gentle on the facial & neck skin, and exfoliates the skin, thus preparing it to better receive your skincare products. Because, as you know, exfoliated skin allows for better penetration of your products.) Honestly, once you get the hang of it, you will be able to dry brush your body (30 strokes or scrubs as she calls them) per area first in about 10 mins., and then follow with the no lipo, lipo massage technique. Again, depending upon the severity and the number of areas you need to treat, it could take you as little as 5 mins. to the most 15 mins. to perform your no lipo, lipo routine. I hope this is helpful to you! Best regards, Aprile Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |