Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Okay folks if you have the No lipo system maybe you would like to join me in a six week challenge. After reading the posts about breaking up the session of the dry brushing and massage, new opportunities are available for me to successfully do this program. I know it works but like anything else you have to work it. I tried the program doing the dry brushing and then massage at night but would hate the stinging I got from my freshly dry brushed body when I got in a tub of warm water. So I never stuck with the program long enough to reap the great results. Now after realizing I could break up the session I have jumped back into the program and split up the sessions. I have been dry brushing in the morning and doing the massage at night for a week and I see some improveme. I would love to get others involved with a challenge so we could keep each other on track. I plan to take photos and measurements and work the program and take photos and measurements at the end of six weeks. The pictures are not to be posted, just for the sake of me seeing progress. Is there anyone else that would like to declare war on cellulite and joing the challenge??????? Dancing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Toby! I've been doing this nearly every morning since i discovered this thread about a week ago. It's given me new hope! I'm quite slim yet have dreadful cellulite all over my thighs, particularly the front of them and the inside of my knees.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
CindiLou wrote:
I'm in Toby! I've been doing this nearly every morning since i discovered this thread about a week ago. It's given me new hope! I'm quite slim yet have dreadful cellulite all over my thighs, particularly the front of them and the inside of my knees.

Cellulite is no respecter of persons...it attacks the slim gals too...I am one of them Laughing My problem is on the front of my thighs also. Wink Great that you want to take on the challenge...take measurements and photos and let's see where we end up in six weeks!!The six weeks would put it toward the end of Nov.! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
CindiLou wrote:

Cellulite is no respecter of persons...it attacks the slim gals too...I am one of them Laughing My problem is on the front of my thighs also. Wink Great that you want to take on the challenge...take measurements and photos and let's see where we end up in six weeks!!The six weeks would put it toward the end of Nov.! Very Happy

Absolutely! I'm thin too and previously had cellulite on the front of my thighs as well. No more ~ No Lipo Lipo really really works if you keep up with it. Once you see how great it works, you will never give it up!!! Also, the dry brushing really tones the muscles as does the knuckle massage treatment.. Tightens, tones and lifts the skin and sculpts the body. This program is a win, win!! Smile Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, I still do this program almost every other day as some mornings are just manic. However I still love the effects and they seem to get better and better. Also my bingo wings (the flabby part on my arms) really has diminished greatly from both this and doing it. I've found it does really work the arms and hands in twisting and doing the massage on the calfs etc big time. I'm happy because it has slimmed them down without making them muscley.
suldrun
5% products discount

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in good idea Toby. This is great timing. I have slacked on everything for months because of stress ( bad break up )
I just started back on NLL today and decided to come back to the forum to catch up.
I have really noticed the deterioration in my thighs, arms and stomach. I was looking at pictures of me in shorts when I was keeping up with NLL and compared to now ....yikes. NLL really made a difference.
I always broke up the sessions because my arms would just get too tired. I usually did every other day instead of doing both the same day ( gloves one day knuckle massage the next )When I got happy with the results I was doing it sporadically to maintain and it was still working.
Today I did both and my arms are burning but that will get them toned faster right Smile

Sul

36, Sun damage, mottled discoloration on face, forearms,hands.Fine lines.Dry sensitive skin.AALS, Green tea,DIY Vit. C,Carol Maggio face, body mitts,No Lipo-Lipo,Ageless If We Dare, Facemaster,Tom Haggerty forehead ex,Tanaka, OCM. oils:Avocado,Olive,Emu,Jojoba. Badger sunscreen,sunhats.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I am finding that doing the skin brushing in the morning is a wonderful way to jump start my body...it feels so invigorating!!! I do see the toning aspect as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I do believe the dry brushing, particularly with the horsehair mitt is not only invigorating, it's energetic in a sense. I find that the skin has life, but unfortunately loses its luster and springback ability as we age. No lipo lipo most definitely has turned things around for me. I love this program!! I also find using the Ageless sunlovers mist on the body after brushing is awesome!!! ~ Aprile Very Happy
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:38 am      Reply with quote
By the way, I just thought I'd mention that Carole always offers a free gift to anyone who sends her before and after photos that she can use in her newsletter and website. She is always very generous. Just thought that might be a little more motivation for those taking the NLL challenge and of course, b&a shots. Lol! Laughing Take care, Aprile
esofia
5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby, I�m also in. I�m a big fan of NLL , I had private classe ( via skipe) with her 3 years ago, had excellent results, but sometimes I just get lazy. I�ve restarted a week ago, and already seeing cellulite diminishing. Also great for improving skin tone, texture, and get rid of all problems due to menopause skin.
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I am in! I will even post pictures. Can we make a new thread for this challenge? I have had the dvds for a month and have not done anything with them but watch once. I need a check in and peer pressure.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so intrigued by this system but have not gotten around to ordering the DVD and mitt yet. Confused Question: Do you really need the DVD to explain how to do NLL? I've seen videos of the technique online, is there more to it than just massaging with your knuckles? I'd like to cut down on my costs but will order the system if absolutely necessary.

I would definitely have joined the challenge if I was ready to begin right away! Dang.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:32 am      Reply with quote
There most definitely is more to it than just massage with the knuckles - there's dry brushing plus specific massage techniques for the belly area (which is where I saw the biggest changes personally). Also I think there is something motivating about Carole when she is talking you through it.
AmazingRacer wrote:
I'm so intrigued by this system but have not gotten around to ordering the DVD and mitt yet. Confused Question: Do you really need the DVD to explain how to do NLL? I've seen videos of the technique online, is there more to it than just massaging with your knuckles? I'd like to cut down on my costs but will order the system if absolutely necessary.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:27 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
There most definitely is more to it than just massage with the knuckles - there's dry brushing plus specific massage techniques for the belly area (which is where I saw the biggest changes personally). Also I think there is something motivating about Carole when she is talking you through it.
AmazingRacer wrote:

Totally agree with you TheresaMary. Once you really know the program, you don't have to use the DVD every day. However, it's always nice to refer back to. For instance, I never had problem with my stomach area. But, that said, the skin of the stomach does begin to sag sadly Crying or Very sad as we age. Her stomach protocol is a little more involved than other areas of the body. Although I had viewed the video many times, I'd forgotten a few of the techniques she uses, since I never really needed NLL for that area. Now I am back to doing the stomach routine again. Honestly, I have found it really shrinks the waistline dramatically! And who wouldn't want a smaller waist? And you're right, Carole's voice is very motivating. She's got it goin' on! ~ Laughing Aprile
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Well ok then I'm going to order it! Very Happy I've got my elderly parents staying with me for 10 days (arriving today) so maybe I should order now so that by the time they leave it will arrive and I can start right up after they go. My original plan was to wait and order it for myself for Christmas but my resolve is slowly fading on that plan. Laughing
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Toby, what's the plan for the 6-week challenge? For the NLL knuckle massage, are you going to do it every day with 60 strokes in each area? Will there be any rest days or days off? I might join you all in the fun Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Toby, what's the plan for the 6-week challenge? For the NLL knuckle massage, are you going to do it every day with 60 strokes in each area? Will there be any rest days or days off? I might join you all in the fun Smile

My thought was to get some motivation going for myself and if others are on board with a challenge then we could get excited by results. In the past,I have been deligent about skincare ritiuals, and my basic body exercise, but not the no lipo. I am small and since weight isn't the issue I mainly get cellulite focused when summer comes Laughing With this challenge I think I will stay on track. I am aiming for 60 strokes daily, if I miss a day I won't beat myself up, but after two days of missing I will! I am two weeks into it and I am very sorry that I didn't measure before I started because I do see change. My thighs are slimmer, and more toned. Celluite is lessening but I do have a way to go before I can say that there is a drastic improvement in cellulite....that is what I am after Dancing There are those that say that it is impossible to rid one's self of cellulite...I don't believe it...so let's proof that it can be done. No lipo is reasonable both in price and convenience. I am going to order the horsehair mitt...just realized I have the other one that isn't the most aggresive..So by next week we should be hearing some results!!!!

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've been debating whether or not to purchase this, but after reading the results of others and seeing what motivation Toby is (thank you!), I decided to take the plunge. I appreciate the advice and will definitely take before/after pictures as well as take measurements. See you gals at the finish line. Very Happy
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Parisgypsy63 wrote:
I've been debating whether or not to purchase this, but after reading the results of others and seeing what motivation Toby is (thank you!), I decided to take the plunge. I appreciate the advice and will definitely take before/after pictures as well as take measurements. See you gals at the finish line. Very Happy

I guarantee you won't be disappointed...just remember you need to do the routine every day to see the results you desire. Results are definitely cumulative. If you need to start out slow, do that, and build up. Once you amp up to 60 strokes (dry brushing and knuckle massage treatment) YOU WILL AMAZED!!! HTH, Aprile Very Happy
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the sisal mitt. Do you think horsehair is much better? Will definitely get 2 next time - whoever gave that tip about getting one for each hand was onto a winnner.

Seeing good results with this (had a week off) but it is so time consuming and exhausting. How often do people have to go for maintenance at the spa?

I don't do it very do a super intensive one when I do - 60 of everything and in way more areas that on the DVD. I ind if I only did whatf's on the DVD there are parts of the leg that don't get touched.

I could manage to do the dry brushing daily - do people think this is the thing that makes the most difference?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:01 am      Reply with quote
pips wrote:
I have been using the sisal mitt. Do you think horsehair is much better? Will definitely get 2 next time - whoever gave that tip about getting one for each hand was onto a winnner.

Seeing good results with this (had a week off) but it is so time consuming and exhausting. How often do people have to go for maintenance at the spa?

I don't do it very do a super intensive one when I do - 60 of everything and in way more areas that on the DVD. I ind if I only did whatf's on the DVD there are parts of the leg that don't get touched.

I could manage to do the dry brushing daily - do people think this is the thing that makes the most difference?

Pips,
If you split the entire routine, it won't be so exhausting. Dry brush in the AM and NLL knuckle massage treatment in the PM. The 60 strokes is good, but you should look pink after you are done...that way you know you are applying enough pressure. If your arms are tiring brushing your legs, place one hand on top of the working hand and you will see it helps your arms not tire so easily. Yes, dry brushing every day kick starts everything and can actually tone the underlying muscles as well as lift the skin. I hate to admit it but I rarely do weights for my arms and they are very toned; my legs as well. All I do consistently is a run/walk with my dog in the mornings. I've been doing the 60 strokes a day for two years now and its paid its dividends. If you have cellulite, dry brushing does help, but it won't break down the fatty deposits like the NLL knuckle massage treatment does. HTH, Aprile Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Pips and others in on this challenge,
I am blown away at how these techniques are tightening my skin all over. I have maintained the same weight all my life so my skin would not have any reason to get slack from weight loss....now with being in my 50's that is another story Rolling Eyes I had been so "face focused" that I hadn't noticed the skin on my body was not as firm as it used to be. Anyway it is tightening up so nicely. I spent years reading about dry brushing and it went in one ear and out the other Embarassed I would give it a try and then not keep it up. Well now that I see this simple technique I will be dry brushing and knuckle massaging into my 90's Laughing

Now as far as how long do these sessions take???Folks if you have too much time in something on a daily basis you will burn out. It doesn't take that long for me to do this. I am off today so I will time my sessions....Aprile, I would like to know how long your sessions take. You know sometimes it is the simple things in life that can make the biggest difference! Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,

Well I have it down to a science by now. At 60 strokes dry brushing in the AM takes me about 7-8 minutes and I touch every single area including the tops of my hands. The NLL in the PM maybe 9 mins. at most and that's if I'm really working a specific area. I just reintroduced the tummy area as the skin there was getting a little saggy, not flabby. Lol! This routine tightens everything up nicely. My tummy and the rest of my body looks like I'm in my 30's not my 50's. Gotta love it! Laughing Aprile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:43 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hi Toby,

Well I have it down to a science by now. At 60 strokes dry brushing in the AM takes me about 7-8 minutes and I touch every single area including the tops of my hands. The NLL in the PM maybe 9 mins. at most and that's if I'm really working a specific area. I just reintroduced the tummy area as the skin there was getting a little saggy, not flabby. Lol! This routine tightens everything up nicely. My tummy and the rest of my body looks like I'm in my 30's not my 50's. Gotta love it! Laughing Aprile

Now who can't manage this simple routine! Love it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think I might be doing the knuckle massage wrong - hence the time and effort! I only make contact with the flesh on the upstroke and lift my hand off for the down. Are you supposed to 'scrub' the downstroke also? It's alot easier when you do - just always thought you were supposed to only go towards the heart for all the lymph stuff. It's quite hard to tell what she does in the DVD.

Am thinking of putting and order in for the facercise package soon and wondered if anyone could tell me whether it is worth ordering the horsehair mitts instead of the sisal.

Hope everyone is seeing good results. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |