Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
pips wrote:
I think I might be doing the knuckle massage wrong - hence the time and effort! I only make contact with the flesh on the upstroke and lift my hand off for the down. Are you supposed to 'scrub' the downstroke also? It's alot easier when you do - just always thought you were supposed to only go towards the heart for all the lymph stuff. It's quite hard to tell what she does in the DVD.

Am thinking of putting and order in for the facercise package soon and wondered if anyone could tell me whether it is worth ordering the horsehair mitts instead of the sisal.

Hope everyone is seeing good results. Very Happy

Pips ~ Yes, yes, yes apply pressure in the downward and upward strokes when performing the NLL knuckle massage. The idea is to break down the fatty deposits, which you will do if you perform the routine by really digining in and apply sufficient pressure in both directions. ~ Aprile
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Aprile. Much better this way. Pressure is not a problem - am covered in bruises which make people think I'm either in a very bad relationship or had a very good weekend!

Just upwards for the dry brush though?
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
is the horse hair brush that much better?

also, where do people get the devices that substitute for knuckles?

i am so eager to try this because i am sooo sedentary (sedentary but busy job and have alot to study/read when i don't work). i need to lose fat and cellulite and firm up my skin.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
pips wrote:
Thanks Aprile. Much better this way. Pressure is not a problem - am covered in bruises which make people think I'm either in a very bad relationship or had a very good weekend!

Actually Pips I do hard pressure back and forth (dry brushing) for both the arms and legs...and it still works!!! I use only upward strokes for the buttocks. As for the bruising, try upping your vitamin c intake or you could use arnica montana, which is a homepathic remedy available in gel, cream or single dose tabs that are similar to a tiny sugar pill. As your skin becomes more used to the routine, you won't bruise as much either. Taae care, Aprile Very Happy
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
fl wrote:
is the horse hair brush that much better?

also, where do people get the devices that substitute for knuckles?

i am so eager to try this because i am sooo sedentary (sedentary but busy job and have alot to study/read when i don't work). i need to lose fat and cellulite and firm up my skin.

fl ~ the horsehair mitt is definitely rougher on the skin, but imo ... more effetive. Believe it or not, the hand knuckle massage is more effective than any device you try to use. That is the beauty of this routine, you can take it anywhere! Aprile Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:19 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
pips wrote:

Actually Pips I do hard pressure back and forth (dry brushing) for both the arms and legs...and it still works!!! I use only upward strokes for the buttocks. As for the bruising, try upping your vitamin c intake or you could use arnica montana, which is a homepathic remedy available in gel, cream or single dose tabs that are similar to a tiny sugar pill. As your skin becomes more used to the routine, you won't bruise as much either. Taae care, Aprile Very Happy

Pips and others,
You are supposed to exert the pressure on the upward stroke....it's more of a glide down. Which makes sense because we are fighting against gravity here. I am just so into the routine that I am probably more agressive on the downward stroke than I should be. Laughing Lol! ~ Aprile
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
if the horse hair mitt is much stronger, should i just get the dvd and 2 horsehair mitts or is it still worth getting the kit (which has the oil and that extra brush which i guess is a back brush).

i'm trying to keep this affordable in case it doesn't work.
flfl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="fl"]if the horse hair mitt is much stronger, should i just get the dvd and 2 horsehair mitts or is it still worth getting the kit (which has the oil and that extra brush which i guess is a back brush).

i'm trying to keep this affordable in case it doesn't work.[/quote]

also, has anyone had results that had weight/fat to lose? Thanks
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
fl wrote:
if the horse hair mitt is much stronger, should i just get the dvd and 2 horsehair mitts or is it still worth getting the kit (which has the oil and that extra brush which i guess is a back brush).

i'm trying to keep this affordable in case it doesn't work.

That's exactly the question I'd like opinions on so I hope someone answers you. Is it necessary to use oil? If so, I already have a variety of oils I could use. But, is the back strap worth getting (in kit)? Just wondering if I should get the kit or 2 horsehairs + DVD. Question

I can't wait to start this, especially after hearing it takes less than 10 min for each thing (brushing and massage)! I thought it was a much longer process.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I think the horsehair mitt is very important, it last much longer. I would think you could use other oils, I do. Maybe Aprile has some insight on this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I think the horsehair mitt is very important, it last much longer. I would think you could use other oils, I do. Maybe Aprile has some insight on this.

Although Carole sells the E oil and it is very nice, she would even agree it isn't necessary for you to be successful with the program. Yes, I would say that it would be better to purchase two horsehair mitts and the dvd and you could use another oil. Just make sure it's not baby oil or something with too much slip, because you need to have a certain amount of friction. HTH, Aprile
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Toby wrote:

Although Carole sells the E oil and it is very nice, she would even agree it isn't necessary for you to be successful with the program. Yes, I would say that it would be better to purchase two horsehair mitts and the dvd and you could use another oil. Just make sure it's not baby oil or something with too much slip, because you need to have a certain amount of friction. HTH, Aprile

OK, thanks! But oil aside, do you recommend having 2 horsehair mitts vs. the Sisal Louffa Mitt + Strap that come in her kit? It probably would be ideal but it's more expensive to buy 2 horsehair mitts + DVD so I may have to opt for the kit in the end. I need to think on that one.
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Aprile and Toby.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:22 am      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
aprile wrote:
Toby wrote:

OK, thanks! But oil aside, do you recommend having 2 horsehair mitts vs. the Sisal Louffa Mitt + Strap that come in her kit? It probably would be ideal but it's more expensive to buy 2 horsehair mitts + DVD so I may have to opt for the kit in the end. I need to think on that one.

You don't need two mitts...I just thought you wanted the horsehair mitt. The kit is actually a good deal if you think about it. Also, some people need to adjust to dry brushing and the horsehair mitt can feel a little rough on the skin at first. I would get the kit and you can always order the horsehair mitt at a later date. ~ Aprile Very Happy
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. Going to take the plunge and order! Very Happy

Does Carol ever offer any discount codes or sales?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:15 am      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
Thank you, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. Going to take the plunge and order! Very Happy

Does Carol ever offer any discount codes or sales?

Yes if you go to her site you will see the signup for the newsletter...that is where she announces her specials. ~ Aprile
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I actually got so far as to put the NLL kit in my cart...but...one more question! Very Happy

Can anyone compare NLL dry brushing to the T-tap method? I know ttap is not as intense but just wondered if anyone had seen results equal to NLL (method/Carole's mitt).
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
I actually got so far as to put the NLL kit in my cart...but...one more question! Very Happy

Can anyone compare NLL dry brushing to the T-tap method? I know ttap is not as intense but just wondered if anyone had seen results equal to NLL (method/Carole's mitt).

No but I've had some TTapers PM me about Carole's program. Smile ~ Aprile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:

I think TheresaMary has both....maybe she will chime in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby and Aprile.

The NLL kit is SO much more expensive than the TT kit. I just want to make sure it's worth all the extra cost. I guess I will just jump right in and order it since nobody who's done both responded to my question.

Thanks again and I will post back with my results once I get started on it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I do have both, and by far NLL is my favourite and much more effective. It has a similar brushing technique (but you can incorporate Teresa's bit where she does extra on her thighs) but the massage is so good and interesting. Whilst the NLL seems busier I think its more effective because it is actually busier as a result. I bought the kit and think I started the NLL thread when I first heard about it and I've never looked back - its one of the best purchases I've done for my body for sure and the results are fantastic. I do think that to get optimal results you need to include the supplements that Carole mentions. You'll get results without them but they are no where near as good.
Toby wrote:
AmazingRacer wrote:

I think TheresaMary has both....maybe she will chime in.
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much! I'll place my NLL order today. Can you tell me what the supplements are? I looked through her whole online store but see no supplements. Or maybe it's something she mentions on the DVD but doesn't sell? (or is it one of her creams?)
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I ordered NLL and am so excited to start! I'll be back to report progress and ask questions or looking for encouragement, I'm sure.
daydreamer
5% products discount

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
This has probably been asked/answered before but is it possible to use something else rather than the knuckles for the massage? I think I'd find it less exhausting and painful to use something else.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
daydreamer wrote:
This has probably been asked/answered before but is it possible to use something else rather than the knuckles for the massage? I think I'd find it less exhausting and painful to use something else.

Hi Daydreamer,

Actually that's the beauty of the NLL system....that you use your own hands! Nothing to remember to take along with you when traveling. But, if you find it too exhausting to do all at once, what Carole recommends is splitting the routine. Do the dry brushing int he AM and the knuckle treatment int he PM. For me, dry brushing is a great way to start my day as it's invigorating. The entire treatment takes me about 20 mins. tops in total. Place one hand on top of the working hand to assist when performing the dry brush and knuckle treatment. You will see that it makes it go faster and won't tire you as much. There isn't any device that I'm aware of that would work the way the hands can. HTH, Aprile Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |