Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
midwestgal wrote:
Hi All,
Yesterday was the first day that I could do the massage, today my thighs are sore & I have a couple of bruises. I guess I got a little aggressive. I bruised I'm going to lay off a couple of days. I use a dermaroller sporatically, frankly it hurts to use it but I'm hoping to rebuild the collagen on my thighs and butt. Reggie

Dear Reggie,

FYI ~ there is a product sold in health food stores or even grocery stores that carry natural products. It is called Arnica Montana and is a homeopathic medicinal made by the company, Boiron. It is fabulous to eliminate bruising. I bruise a lot too & found it by accident one time when I was looking for something to help with muscle aches & pains. (It works for that too.) It comes in single dose containers that look like chapstick & taste like sugar pills. They also carry an Arnica gel or cream. Hope that helps! Aprile
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I did my first treatment yesterday and all I can say is "my arms hurt" as in muscles. I feel like I overdid weight lifting. Plus, I couldn't go as fast as the video but hopefully once I do it more I will. If anything, if I switch hands I will be building muscle in both arms as well as getting rid of lipo. The only thing I didn't care for is my faux tan isn't looking too good after using the mit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I did my first treatment yesterday and all I can say is "my arms hurt" as in muscles. I feel like I overdid weight lifting. Plus, I couldn't go as fast as the video but hopefully once I do it more I will. If anything, if I switch hands I will be building muscle in both arms as well as getting rid of lipo. The only thing I didn't care for is my faux tan isn't looking too good after using the mitt.

Hi Frodo,

If your arms are sore after using the technique, you are probably applying too much pressure. You should be able to keep up with the dvd. Actually, it can feel like quite the workout. But, that's a good thing!!! I also use a self tanner, and haven't had any problem with the way my fake tan it looks after using the louffa mitt. Hmmmm....... Perhaps you are using it too soon after applying your self tanning lotion? Perhaps it hasn't had the time to properly dry yet. Remember that dry brushing removes the top layer of skin that needs to be shed anyway. Also a good thing!!! Good luck everyone with your no lipo, lipo! Keep posting your results. Smile Aprile
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
It seems to me that this reasonable priced product would do a better job AND create better circulation than the STOP for the body.

I did another session and didn't pressed down so hard and it worked much better for me. I still can't keep up with the video but that's just me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing the No-Lipo with my natural fiber body brushes, but this morning I had my first session using the sisal mitt & back strap Carole sells and Wow! I absolutely love them!

Actually I bought 2 mitts ... I'm very pressed for time and found the dry brushing/no-lipo massage technique takes me a lot longer in the morning than I expected - but it's the only way to fit it in - and I really want to make this a habit. I thought - what if I wear a mitt on each hand and cut my time in half? Laughing

It works too. The mitt is fantastic - it covers a lot more area than the brush, and does a very thorough job - even better with one on each hand! I also *love* the back strap - it feels absolutely wonderful to use and get a really thorough back scrubbing!

Another great feature of the mitts - I don't get arthritic cramps in my hands like I did from clutching the brushes. Very Happy

The no-lipo massage technique is also becoming easier with time - less tiring & less of a strain on the ol' neck & shoulders (I am doing it 5 mornings a week). However I must admit I am much, much slower than Carole or the lady who demos on the DVD. My muscles are probably pooping out early due to all the preliminary brushing - but I anticipate I'll be able to go much faster as I get used to the technique and my muscles stop fatiguing so quickly. (Why yes, I am a bit out of shape.)

Anyway - this is becoming a ritual I actually enjoy - which I didn't expect when I started! Also, my skin is feeling much softer, without the use of any lotions.

(Too early to tell on the cellulite front - but I'm not obsessing.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Now Metophora you aren't you the smart one with two mitts....I hadn't thought of that....I see the mitts being way more effective for smoothing the skin than the brushes!
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Does Carole say that one absolutely must use the knuckles for massaging?
Wouldn't an electric massager be more effective and less tiring?
Just a thought, so don't shoot me...
dbischof

Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the No Lipo Lipo DVD, and I have been doing the routine daily for about 2 weeks now. I am seeing a toning effect in my arms and legs. The best result has been an improvement in the pores on my legs. After I shave my legs, I have red enlarged pores. I have tried everything over the years to correct this condition. The No Lipo has improved the condition by about 80% or better. I think it is due to the improvement in circulation which it provides. It is wonderful!

I also do my facercise every day. And I love it. I have been doing these exercises for about 6 months, and I can see marked improvement in my features and skin texture.

Carole's DVD routines are the BEST! I am so glad I discovered them. She has also taken the time to speak with me over the phone, and she is very responsive to emails. Smile
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:45 am      Reply with quote
NO!!!!!!!!!Just when I thought I was going to curtail my beauty budget spending...I have to buy this!Drs charge a fortune to eliminate cellulite....they have that new velasmooth procedure that costs blood.....this looks like a must buy compared to velasmooth
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I m pleased with the progress of the No Lipo treatments. I haven't gotten to 12 treatments yet...got side tracked with vacation etc. but there is definite improvement and I am a happy camper!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I am going to call her clinic.Its not that far away.....maybe an hr and half. 10 treatments are 600. I think you need a professional to reach all those difficult areas you cant do yourself!I cant wait,I have been exercising an hr everyday and still have some difficult areas that I am hoping Nolipolipo will help....has anyone gone to her clinic and had treatments??
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the dvd with the back strap and extra mit.
I hope it also helps with stretch marks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Toby,

Do you notice an actual reduction in the appearance of cellulite? What about stretch marks? I noticed a while ago I have a bunch of stretch marks on my lower back! Weird,since my weight has not changed more than a few pounds for several years. What the....?????
You say you like the progress so far, but what have you noticed changing???
Please tell!!
Thanks!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
What I am noticing is less cellulite smoother looking skin underneath(the top is smooth anyway) and smaller looking thighs. I don't have stretch marks just cellulite in the thighs.My skin appeared some what lose on the thighs and it seems tighter now. I have always been the same weight within a couple of pounds except during two pregnancies Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
What I am noticing is less cellulite smoother looking skin underneath(the top is smooth anyway) and smaller looking thighs. I don't have stretch marks just cellulite in the thighs.My skin appeared some what lose on the thighs and it seems tighter now. I have always been the same weight within a couple of pounds except during two pregnancies Very Happy

Toby,

I'm so happy to hear about your progress. Isn't No Lipo, Lipo so great?! I've been using the routine now for about 3-4 weeks. I would say I've laid back a little after the first ten treatments, and have done a total of about 15-17 treatments. I cannot believe how much thinner my waist, thighs & legs look. (All without any additional exercise or dietary changes.) To me, these changes are simply amazing in such a short period of time! I two have always maintained pretty much the same weight with the exception of my pregnancy 12 years ago. My skin is much tightened and toned and my legs look curvier if you will. I'm sold! PLUS, I find the dry brushing and massage technique are so invigorating, don't you? I love this stuff! Keep up the good work & best wishes to all, Aprile Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Shucks! I have to order this... I can't believe it ... TOBY has sucked me into something AGAIN!

Realistically, I like the idea of baseline skincare techniques for the body. I checked out the website and want both the body and face loofahs... and the DVD of course. I can see it now - I'll be finishing up facial exercises and then hunkering down to the no lipo thing and then from there to the gym and then of course my children will want to EAT and have laundry done...
Priorities!
Thanks all for the great input and hope to read more of your continued results.

Thanks aprile for sharing this with us and just so you know... I got into your blog easily!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the DVD but ordered the loofah mitt and strap for one third the cost she charges.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
order loofah mitt and strap on ebay
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ordered this too Rolling Eyes but am so annoyed at my middle age spread that seemed to appear overnight despite exercising and eating very well.
Am also a Pose owner and have not been too blown over by the results. My arm that were quite toned look a little less ripply under the arm but the blasted tummy looks the same. I just have a roll at the top and one in the middle. No loose skin or stretch marks but a matronly roll!
Finger and toes that Carole massage works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Over the years I have had loofah mitts before but the one I ordered from the No Lipo system is not like any of the ones I have had before. I am as happy with the No lipo mitt as the technique for the massage on the dvd. The mitt is from Germany so I don't know if what you get on ebay will be the same. The other mitts I have don't compare. I have no vested interest in Carol's system except it is working for me and to be honest I wouldn't have expected this much change already.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to also chime in on the awesome quality of the loofa mitts . I've been dry brushing with a brush for approx. four years and store bought loofas and I never got the smooth, silky skin like I have with these loofa's. I was wondering if I could find the same brand somewhere else cheaper but these will probably last me a very long time.

An update on the massage, I've did my 9th treatment yesterday, been concentrating solely on my thighs/love handles. I honestly don't see a difference yet but I have stubborn cellulite that's been with me for years so I will keep plugging away with this.
Best of luck to everyone,
Reggie
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I am ready to push the order button but want to ask Toby and others:
....Do you need the back strap or are you good to go with the Sisal mitt?
....I see Carol offers a vitamin E oil but I am thinking another oil would work and you don't need to purchase hers.
How many of you actually use an oil for the knuckle massage?

I'm not dealing with back fat - just want to keep legs and tummy toned in addition to weight lifting.
My plan is to get the DVD, the sisal mitt and the face mit (for the facial exfoliation).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
How many of you actually use an oil for the knuckle massage?

I'm not dealing with back fat - just want to keep legs and tummy toned in addition to weight lifting.
My plan is to get the DVD, the sisal mitt and the face mit (for the facial exfoliation).

I got the dvd and sisal mitt and that is all and I am very satisfied. You do need oil for the masssage but I use coconut or other oil that I have...you need the gliding action that oil provides. I am only after thigh cellulite but i am doing the tummy and arms to keep things looking good! Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets -
Hi,
I mostly use the mitt, not the strap. I don't have back fat either & just use the back strap on my bum.
I don't always use Carol's vitamin e oil- I've been using Nivea Skin Firming lotion, it provides enough slip for me. Any oil or good lotion should be fine. Call me crazy but I've been giving myself a quick massage without oil or lotion when I go the the bathroom at work. (I'm a time challenged person.)
HTH,
Reggie
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Count me in on loving the sisal mitt and strap Carole sells. I have used brushes specifically for the purpose of dry-brushing for several years and the sisal mitt not only feels so much better but it makes my skin much silkier. And the strap is heaven - well, for me it is! I absolutely love rubbing it across my back because it feels fabulous and gets every little spot that I used to strain to reach with a handled brush.

I think an certain amount of slip is required over most areas to successfully use the knuckle massage technique, but it doesn't need to be provided by oil if you dislike oil. Use a lotion you like.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |