Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

darkening hair without the use of dyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Lenniemi
5% products discount

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is naturally very very light and I would love to have it darker but my eyebrows, eyelashes,....are all light so I don't wanna dye anymore because I don't like the root effect.

when I look it up on the internet, I see many patents claiming that lotions, creams,...could all increase pigmentation, I just don't know how to compose it. I know things like tyrosine,... might be helpful combined with other stuff but how to use it? that's the question.

I also know that latisse/lumigan darkens lashes but it's hard for me to get it at a reasonable price shipped to Belgium where I live.

anyone here to help further?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:07 am      Reply with quote
You might want to consider a dye product that fades gradually, like Robert Craig (no ammonia or peroxide)....if you don't go a lot darker, you won't end up with a root line. They say it's permanent, but I really haven't found that to be the case unless you use a dark color.

I have used this myself for many years on my hair and eyebrows...I use the Clear color to lighten the color level to what works best for me (I actually use 2 colors + the clear in my formula).

They also have GREAT customer service and support.

http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php

The available colors:
http://robertcraig.com/store/haircolor1.html

I use 1/4tsp #13 (reddish blonde) + 1/4tsp #8 (a neutral to keep it from being orange on my gray hair) + 1/2tsp #21 (clear to lighten it and keep it from being too dark)

5% products discount

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:21 am      Reply with quote
but that doesnt solve the root problem. I used a drug called melanotan and it made me hair grow darker but I dont wanna depend on injections, so there are ways to darken hair from within, I'm just looking out for an alternative to injections, something topical or oral....

anyone has experienced with tyrosine or rhubarb or any other agents?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that will teach me to take the time to share an option, lol.

It DOES resolve the root problem by fading gradually, though it might not be the exact option YOU were looking for. Good luck with all those drugs...hopefully you won't grow tumors or horns over time.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |