Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Free Blackhead Extractors
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I've found that the medicine extractors you get from Walgreen's that suction out medicine into a CC dropper are excellent blackhead extractors. I read something about putting a baking soda/water solution on your blackheads before extraction to loosen up the outer layer of sebum (?) or whatever is causing the retention in the perma-sticky section (and then using a traditional extractor-- the kind with the round metal hole). I think the Walgreen's freebie would work better than the traditional metal one. They work great for me and I haven't been using the baking soda application. I'll have to do it next time.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I got a thank you for that but no replies. Thanks for the thank you. Very Happy

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Seriously? like it just sucks it up? I've used a tweezerman...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Seriously? like it just sucks it up? I've used a tweezerman...

Yup. I've had to scratch the top layer of hardened sebum or whatever it is off, but after that, you can just suck it out.

You use tweezers?

Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
I've found that the medicine extractors you get from Walgreen's that suction out medicine into a CC dropper are excellent blackhead extractors.

I'm not quite clear what it is you are talking about. I don't have a Walgreens nearby (from Canada) so I would like to see if any pharmacies here have what you are referring to. Could you explain it a little better? TIA
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
The rounded end of a bobbypin is still my favorite blackhead remover.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
No not tweezers

I use this: Link won't open exact item... go to link click Face, skin care tool (I don't use the long flat side... totally useless)

http://www.tweezerman.com/scripts/item.cfm?gc=F%26sc=SK%26itemsku=2740-R%26topmenu=1%26submenu=3

It's made by tweezerman.

You take the small wire loop. Center over a blackhead or pimple or congested spot, press down and slide... and out it pops... Quite disgusting and gratifying all at once. I do this after washing, and especially after a mask/peel.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
No not tweezers

I use this: Link won't open exact item... go to link click Face, skin care tool (I don't use the long flat side... totally useless)

http://www.tweezerman.com/scripts/item.cfm?gc=F%26sc=SK%26itemsku=2740-R%26topmenu=1%26submenu=3

It's made by tweezerman.

You take the small wire loop. Center over a blackhead or pimple or congested spot, press down and slide... and out it pops... Quite disgusting and gratifying all at once. I do this after washing, and especially after a mask/peel.

I use that too, you can get it from any pharmacy. I use it when I have a few big ones I want to get out. But ever 2 months or so, I'll steam my face then use the porepack
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:
No not tweezers

It's made by tweezerman.

I use that too, you can get it from any pharmacy. I use it when I have a few big ones I want to get out. But ever 2 months or so, I'll steam my face then use the porepack

What is the porepack? The baking soda concoction?

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:14 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
No not tweezers

It's made by tweezerman.

I never knew you could use that for a whitehead. THanks!

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:
No not tweezers

It's made by tweezerman.

ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
You can use it for a whitehead IF the skin is thin/broken over the top. If it's one of the buried bumps they are pretty hard to extract.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have a picture of the device. I am trying to figure out if I have seen it before because I would love to go out and get one!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
Do you have a picture of the device. I am trying to figure out if I have seen it before because I would love to go out and get one!

I'm sorry but I don't. I asked for one at Walgreen's and they gave it to me. But I have since started using the Oil Control Method which naturally expels your whiteheads and blackheads and I am never going back to the old way which might be too harsh.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:

I think Inky is referring to a medicine dropper. However, like Claudia, I use a blackhead extractor and think they work much better - Bethany's hairpin tip is also an option, but I still prefer the "professional" tool.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I think Inky is referring to a medicine dropper.

I thought she was talking about a syringe!
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Yeah me too! I didn't want to get the wrong thing! But I too have a lance/extractor or just do the fine point needle and extractor to get them out.

I try not to cause any skin trauma, however, a while ago my entire face was in trauma with acne (and everything else), scars, etc.

Now I am just trying to keep the good skin going!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Yeah me too! I didn't want to get the wrong thing! But I too have a lance/extractor or just do the fine point needle and extractor to get them out.

I try not to cause any skin trauma, however, a while ago my entire face was in trauma with acne (and everything else), scars, etc.

Now I am just trying to keep the good skin going!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think she means the medicine dropper thing that looks like a syringe without the needle.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
lilypotter

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Natural remedy to get rid of black heads:
Paste of (baadam) almond powder, (multani mitti) fuller’s earth, and glycerin soap are very effective in Blackheads removal.

Make a paste using water and radish seeds apply it on blackheads, allow it to dry then wash it off. They are safe and effective skin treatments. This home remedy is helpful in to get rid of blackheads.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
I think she means the medicine dropper thing that looks like a syringe without the needle.

Yup, that's it. I couldn't find a pic of any. I think I need to revise my plan. I have a few blackheads that will need the big gun shown in the pic. The OCM isn't getting them out.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Yup, that's it. I couldn't find a pic of any. I think I need to revise my plan. I have a few blackheads that will need the big gun shown in the pic. The OCM isn't getting them out.

Inky, buy a proper blackhead extractor - honestly, they're fantastic. Use it after you've done OCM.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

Inky, buy a proper blackhead extractor - honestly, they're fantastic. Use it after you've done OCM.

If you insist. I'll check it out.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

I do insist! Very Happy It's taken me 59 years to discover this miraculous little tool - don't want anyone else to have to wait that long to get rid of their blackheads!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

I do insist! Very Happy It's taken me 59 years to discover this miraculous little tool - don't want anyone else to have to wait that long to get rid of their blackheads!

It seems a little sad to rid yourself of things that have been a part of you for decades...

Just sayin... Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |