Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Need product recomendation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Angela007

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new to the board, but I am on my 3rd month of accutane and need a serum or moisturizer that can alleviate dry skin.
I tried La roche posay toleraine line, and I broke out with milia. I need something that wont break me out with tiny bumps.
Thanks a lot!!
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Angela007 wrote:
Hello, I am new to the board, but I am on my 3rd month of accutane and need a serum or moisturizer that can alleviate dry skin.
I tried La roche posay toleraine line, and I broke out with milia. I need something that wont break me out with tiny bumps.
Thanks a lot!!

Did you try "Effaclar H", by La Roche-Posay? It is made specifically for people undergoing treatment with Accutane or Retin-A. I have used it and it did not give me milia.

If not, you cannot go wrong with jojoba oil.

In fact I think I liked the moisturizing effect of jojoba oil better than the Effaclar and it was a lot cheaper. And when my skin was REALLY irritated, it was the only thing that did not burn.

I also liked using Bio-oil, it moisturized nicely as well, though sometimes it did sting a little bit when my skin was at its worst.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Angela007

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
thank you, does the oil break you out? Also what is a good suncreen? thanks
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Cerave is pretty good. You can find it at any drugstore.

Oils are a good option too. Not all oils will cause breakouts or make you oily. However jojoba does cause breakouts in some, you just have to try it and see how it works for you. I know those who use it love it.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I like squalane oil when I'm really dry from a product.

And I also like the sunscreens that http://www.ncnproskincare.com sells (she also sells the squalane.)

I'm a bit of a junkie on her products.

Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I use jojoba oil when my skin feels dry

only for night use since my skin type is a mixture

also, i use neroli, rose otto, sandalwood to self-DIY spray

all these three works very well for dry skin Laughing Laughing
Angela007

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you,
I am very hesitant in trying any type of oils.
Plus I think cerave breaks me out
What do you think of skinceuticals phto+?
Also any suncreens that will not breakoyt the acne prone? I am very easily breakout milia type prone.
sophia1015
5% products discount

Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I am dry and sensitive skin as yours. I recommend you to use more hydrating facial masks frequently.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Angela007 wrote:

What do you think of skinceuticals phto+?

This will not add any moisture.

How about trying some glycerin and water? I think there are post some where around here about people using that as a moisturizer. You have be causefull not to use to too much glycerin vs water though because then it can be drying.

I'm acne prone and have had good luck using kukui oil and HA mixed together.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
juice beauty's moisturizer is good and at reasonable price.
pinkrose
5% products discount

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Try the L'Occitane range for dry skin or Weleda Rose Cream,

Best wishes,

pinkrose
bettiebebop

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I'm seeking an eye cream. I have dry skin, dark circles and am prone to milia. I would ideally like something to brighten the dark circles but would settle for something that moisturizes well without helping to create milia and something that works well under concealer.

I think I read that to prevent milia an eye cream that gently exfoliates the dead skin cells helps, is that true?

Thanks for reading!
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I think La mer cream maybe a choice, it's really calming, hydrating and safe.

I have the same problem as beetiebebop. Could anyone suggest an eye cream?
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I like DHC Extra Nighttime moisturizer and it is only $25.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |