Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan/Latisse - Reported Problems
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
casssy wrote:
Hi i hope somebody can help with my query when using Lumigan for glaucoma it says must be discarded after 30days would the same apply if using for eyelash growth? I have a bottle which i opended a while ago and only used it a couple of times would it be safe to continue using it.

Most eye-drops which contain active ingredients also have to be discarded 30 days after opening - sometimes they also need to be refrigerated.

To be on the safe side I probably wouldn't use them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
My doctor said that because you are not putting drops in your eyes, the risk is minimal. I've been meaning to buy it but have been too lazy to look for the million posts at EDS about where to buy it for less.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
My doctor said that because you are not putting drops in your eyes, the risk is minimal. I've been meaning to buy it but have been too lazy to look for the million posts at EDS about where to buy it for less.

Most people are buying the Careprost from ADC (it's the same as Lumigan).

I tried it but, unfortunately, it irritated my eyes so I had to stop using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Considering all the risks outlined here, how come the FDA approved it?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

If I understand well Careprost is the generic for Lumigan and we can get that pretty cheap on Web site like ADC.

How ever is that product made in one of those pharmaceutical facility plans in some foreign countries having lower control regulation standards than the US or Canada?

I would not want using a Generic product in my eyes that would not be accepted as a generic according the US or Canada drug regulations and that could also be made under lower control conditions than it would be here.

You know what mean? Even if Careprost is cheap, it is never going to be cheap enough if the production line is not totally safe and sterile, and or, if it not within the rage of what US or Canada would consider a generic.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
chantrelle99 wrote:
Keliu wrote:
SoftSkin wrote:

If I understand well Careprost is the generic for Lumigan and we can get that pretty cheap on Web site like ADC.

How ever is that product made in one of those pharmaceutical facility plans in some foreign countries having lower control regulation standards than the US or Canada?

I would not want using a Generic product in my eyes that would not be accepted as a generic according the US or Canada drug regulations and that could also be made under lower control conditions than it would be here.

You know what mean? Even if Careprost is cheap, it is never going to be cheap enough if the production line is not totally safe and sterile, and or, if it not within the rage of what US or Canada would consider a generic.

You bring up a good point and it's definitely something to consider when ordering medications on the web. However, I order all of my meds from ADC and have found them to be reputable. Safety is definitely something that should be considered though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I have used careprost from inhousepharmacy for over 3 years now, no side effects if used every few days and sparingly. Just fabulous lashes! I am not using it in my eyes, just a thin line over my lash line. My DIL, SIL and MIL all order and use it from there as well. We are all blue/light eyes and with no side effects other than the redness if you use it daily.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered Careprost from Inhouse Pharmacy for $28.50 total -- free shipping and a $1.50 discount. Looking forward to long lashes in a few weeks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
casssy wrote:
Hi i hope somebody can help with my query when using Lumigan for glaucoma it says must be discarded after 30days would the same apply if using for eyelash growth? I have a bottle which i opended a while ago and only used it a couple of times would it be safe to continue using it.

When used for the treatment of Glaucoma, the drops are administered into the eye, so yes, whatever isn't used within 30 days should be discarded to reduce the risk of infection.

For purposes of eyelash enhancement, when it's just used sparingly applied to the lash line, such precautions really aren't as stringent. (Be careful not to contaminate the bottle contents, wash your application brush after each use, and take care to be sure you don't get it *inside* the eye.)

***FYI*** for those who know me and may be wondering; I still have the "amber/red" discoloration around my iris, and it's been about 2 years since I stopped using Lumigan. (I like to call them my red & green Christmas eyes... Laughing )

***FYI*** If you just use Lumigan every other night (instead of nightly), you will reap all the growth, and the shedding will not be as apparent. (Yes, it will take a bit longer, but you should notice the increased growth at about the 3 to 4 week mark.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like a good idea to use it every other night because I might avoid any possible irritation that way. Easy to remember since I'll just use it on the same nights as my Renova Micro-gel.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:21 am      Reply with quote
What's so crazy is I have been out for about 3 weeks now while waiting for my new bottle to come in. I have no lash fallout and you can't tell the differance! I had gotten down to using it about once a week or every 10 days on the lashes, but every few days on a spot on my eyebrows I am trying to grow back in after an IPL tech got too close. My DIL uses it about every 2 weeks to avoid red eye and it works fine for her. They aren't crazy long using this method, but it does maintain them once you have gotten them to grow in.
We started out the every 2-3 days, but then could go to the maintenance phase with a lash conditoner in between.
I only wear mascara on the weekends or a special occasion so that really helps too! The less stress on them, the better for me!

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I use Careprost from ADC and it makes my eyelids red near the lashline. So, now I mainly use it on my brows, where it works great at keeping them filled-in. I am fair-skinned, green-eyed and dark-haired. My lashes are naturally fairly long, but sparse. The Careprost made them longer/thicker after about 2 months of daily use, but the red-eye effect made people think I'd been crying or had allergies.

If you wear makeup everyday, including eyeshadow base/concealer, it would hide the redness. I don't wear makeup everyday, though, so for me the trade-off of long lashes vs. red skin around my eyes was not worth it.

I have not noticed any change in eye color, loss of periorbital fat, or fall-out from the Careprost, but I pretty much don't apply it to my lashline anymore.Maybe twice a week I will use what's left on the brush after doing both brows and drag it across my lashline.

I have been using the Careprost, all together, for about 6-8 months off and on. I am not very consistent in my use.

Final word--Fantastic for eyebrows, don't like the red-eye look when used on the lashline. Probably will repurchase just for brow use.
knmeye01

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I used Latisse back in March for my eyebrows. The spa that sold it to me told me it was safe for this particular use. 2 weeks in I developed small lacerations beneath the part of my skin right above my lid, even though I only applied the latisse directly to the brown. I began treating the lacerations with Neosporin, hoping they would go away. They did not but actually became worse. I saw a doctor who prescribed Doxycycline and used that for a week which seemed to help the right eye. The left eye took a turn for the worse. The laceration deepened and became about 2cm in diameter. It became infected and swollen to the point it looked like someone punched me in the eye. The swelling was above the eye, next to the eye and beneath the eye. I went to the emergency room and they immediately hospitalized me with a diagnosis of orbital cellulitis. I was discharged on May 16, 2013 but the wound was still open, swelling was all but gone. I am treating it now with a topical antibiotic after finishing the oral antibiotic regimen. I am told I will probably need a plastic surgeon if the wound ever heals for permanent scarring. If I had ever known of the possibility of this situation I would NEVER have used Latisse. Never. I know it is not approved for eyebrow use now, but that was NOT what the spa told me. Regardless, hindsight is 20/20. My only hope now is to write about this experience to give other women the knowledge about what MIGHT happen. I wish I had never heard of Latisse.
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:09 am      Reply with quote
@ Kmeyes01 have any of the doctors told you your cellulitis could have been cause by Latisse ?

Mostly cellulitis is cause by a bacteria that enter the skin by a small opening. It might even happen from scraching.

I had a friend that had this to a leg and the cause was never found.

Well if any of the doctors you saw said it could be from Latisse and told you how come Latise could have causes this it would be relevant to have those facts added to the information you gave us.

In the end I'm really sorry you have to go through such difficult and awfull problems and hope your healing process will go as smooth as it can.
knmeye01

Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
It is now 2016. I first used Latisse in 2013. Prior to its usage, I never had cellulitis, never had a facial wound that did not immediately heal and never had surgery on my face.
That is no longer true. Since using Latisse, I continue to develop infections around the area where I applied the Latisse. I only get infections in this area. Sometimes they heal with antibiotics. The ones that don't require surgery. Fortunately, I was only hospitalized once. I've had 4 surgical debridements and now have permanent scars on my face as a result. I am currently battling another infection, have gone through 5 courses of antibiotics and it too will probably require surgery. I have a consult scheduled for next week.
I cannot express the level of regret I have because I chose to use this product. It is not for your eyebrows. That is not an FDA approved use. Any spa or any physician indicating otherwise or even suggesting to someone to use it in this manner should be reported. I just want to caution anyone who is reading this to NEVER use this around your eyebrows. I've lived in hell as a result of that decision and want to spare anyone else reading my pain.
It has been incredibly costly to me financially. It has put a strain on my job because when I get infections I now have to request accommodations. In a perfect world this should not matter but in the real world, you apparently are considered a problem employee when you request an accommodation. I have developed an immunity to certain antibiotics because of the necessity to continue their use repeatedly. After I heal from an infection, I pray I won't get another. So far though, I keep getting them.
For anyone who thinks it was not from using Latisse on my eyebrows, they are wrong. I am living the proof. Every thing that has happened to me since 2013 was a result of using that product. And for anyone who is reading, I would merely caution you to ONLY use this product for the approved use. People are different - maybe nothing would happen to you but, truly, it is not worth the risk. You don't want to end up in my situation, trust me.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Do they mention dry eyes and increased hideous red blood vessels?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |