Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fine Lines - under eyes need help with order of products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I an 30 and have recently noticed that the fine lines under my eyes have become a bit more noticeable. So, I researched and purchased some products that I hope will help. Now, I'm not sure if I know when the best time to apply them is. Can someone help??

My products
Dermadoctor Wrinkle Revenge Eye Balm
Murad Essential C Eye Cream (have some left)
Cellex C Advanced Eye Firming Cream
Afirm Retinol 1x

I think I only use the retinol every second night is that correct? Also, do I use it all over my face or just around eyes?
nevava
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:42 am      Reply with quote
If u r adapt to Retin A, u can try to use it every night.
pinkrose
5% products discount

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

You need to use a high SPF sun-screen in the day. For night just use an oil, either vitamin E oil or rose oil.
These can be used AFTER your retinol. However, retinol cream is not as good as RETIN A cream which can be used every night in the first few weeks. Just follow the instructions that come with the tube,

Warm regards,

pinkrose
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that retinol can only be used every other night. Is it because it is too strong or something?
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your info but I was wanting to know what order to use these products??

Would my Murad Essential C eye cream be the same sort of thing as the Cellex-C Adavcned eye firming cream? I know the Murad one has SPF in it but I assume I just apply these ones in the morning and the retinol and Dermadoctor cream alternating each night?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the products say on the boxes.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Nelly4 wrote:
I an 30 and have recently noticed that the fine lines under my eyes have become a bit more noticeable. So, I researched and purchased some products that I hope will help. Now, I'm not sure if I know when the best time to apply them is. Can someone help??

My products
Murad Essential C Eye Cream (have some left)
Afirm Retinol 1x

I think I only use the retinol every second night is that correct? Also, do I use it all over my face or just around eyes?

Products are usually applied thickest to thinnest. But usually C is applied first. Looking at your products you have 2 of the same thing, pretty much - the Cellex C and the Murad C. So, I would pick 1 of those and apply first in the morning, and the Afirm Retinol 1X first thing at night. You could apply the dermadoctor wrinkle revenge eye balm on top of the Afirm, after you wait about 1 hour. I guess you could also apply the dermadoctor on top of either one of your C creams. I personally think that is way too many eye creams, and, myself, would pick 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. If you have any improvement, how will you know which one is causing the improvement when you are using 4?
sophia1015
5% products discount

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote

this one is really good.

and I like kiehl's avocoda eye cream to go with it.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Valmont AWF cyto complex eye cream Factor II these days, so far it works very well, it absorbs quickly, smoothing the dry lines very obviously.
You could request a smaple of it from EDS if you are interested. Surprised
kayzhou

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I had under eye problems last year. My herbalist suggested no liquid after 6 pm and it did helped a lot. I had all my food and water before 6 pm and got an eye-lift in a month.

Best wishes
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that retinol can only be used every other night. Is it because it is too strong or something?

When people first get started with retinols, many start every two to three days to give their skin a chance to adjust.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
-------------------I think you could try to use it since now, and can use it every morning and night to prevent any further fine lines.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Hello Lily, I recently posted in another thread in this forum. I have managed to get rid of wrinkles in the past year with the use of two products (but I couldn't tell you which works or whether it is the combination of both). My wrinkles were fine in some places, creases in others. The two products were SkinActives Bright-I in the pm and IS Clinical Youth Complex in the morning. There are more details in the other thread. Hope you find something that works! Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |