Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I want to create a sister site for swapping our goods!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: Would you participate in a swapping site connected to EDS Members?

Yes
61%
 61%  [ 19 ]
NO
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Maybe, if I knew a little more about this.
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 31

Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
So I ahve already started developing a site for us EDS members to begin swapping products and things. With this economy and the way we buy things from EDS, might as well swap the stuff with the things that really work for us. This way we don't have to buy everything and can just help each other out by swapping items!

What do you guys think? What all would you like for this website to include?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:01 am      Reply with quote
This is very important. I would like to know if this is a good idea. Please vote! Question Question Question Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
If I were to build a website for all of us to swap, sell (low prices) and share our unused or leftover products and gadgets.

I want your suggestions on how I could build this site for us. I have a ton of product and gadgets that I don't use and they just sit there or I always let my sisters go crazy in my cosmetics closet! They always say it is better than Christmas cause I always have this expensive stuff sitting around that I don't even use!

I would like to know how you guys would like for this to work for all of us. A secure way that we can swap and share and weed out the "riff-raff".

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I think, it's a brilliant idea.
SandyT
5% products discount

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's a good idea also...but, the issue of contamination in products that are partially used is a major concern. JMO!
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Great idea.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
There is an EDS forum on facebook. A lot of the regulars have accounts on it.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I think this is a great idea!!!
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
yeah brilliant idea! Smile pls do that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Sounds good to me! Postage may be an issue for some as we are worldwide?
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Here is the EDS site on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb#/group.php?gid=2556771270

A lot of our regulars have pics over there as well.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so i am trying to build a mini-Ebayish site that we can just post it to sell or just give it away to whomever. Call it myswap or something like that because they will be a majority of used/unused products collecting dust in our closets!

So stay posted! I love when we all help each other out!

I have always wanted to try light therapy but am not sure if I wanted to spend money on a brand new one....what if I hate it!

Plus, I have a tube of trentinoin that is just sitting there that I am sure someone could use before it is unusable!

And like I said on another post, I too am concerned about cross contamination. But I know this would be a question that I ask the seller about their products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:50 am      Reply with quote
That is a brilliant idea.

I personally got frustrated sometimes wanting to get something not available at EU but at the States or Canada. I hate it when they do not ship overseas or when they charge you abusive shipping fees.

I think this is somehow contributing to our globalization system in the most positive way!

Very Happy
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I think it an excellent idea too.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I think it's a great idea. There is a swapping site that was a spin off from the lush brand forum site. They had problems with the swapping and selling on the lush site that they band it. So Swappers was created. There is a "Beware of these people" part of the forum. folks that didn't complete swaps, stole from folks, etc. I got ripped off once. There is always a risk. But I would love to get rid of some of the stuff that hasn't worked out for my (like my galvinic gizmo that I paid a lot for). On swappers, most or all would not have a clue about most of the gizmos that are used on this forum...we are a smart bunch when it comes to skincare Very Happy .
Lisa D
5% products discount

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
This is a wonderful idea. I've tossed out many an expensive item that could have found its way to a new happy home (and there's still more in my closets and cupboards). For example, I've got a Brava (bust enhancement) device that I bought five years ago, that just sits in my cupboard gathering dust. I can't bring myself to throw it away, but neither can I commit to using it (and if you know anything about Brava, you'd understand why). Laughing
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I thought Makeupalley.com was the go-to place for skincare and makeup products swapping? I'm curious how do you plan to make your website better or different from MUA?

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man, I can't compete with MUA nor will I even try. This website will be taylored more towards an older crowd that has higher end machines, products, and devices in which you can sell them or swap them. it will not just be a swapping machine. It will have more options to it.

I am still working on it. I am having problems with a web designer that is reliable, trustworthy and dependable. My brother-in-law is so swamped with work, i feel horrible asking him to help me with my 'little site'. So please hold on to your horses (or items) Laughing !

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Wow that sounds very interesting and I look forward to it! Good luck! Very Happy

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
So I need to get more votes on this, especially since we have a large forum.

I am trying to make this as easily as possible but I also need to have a business plan that has to do with statistics.

So I ask ALL MEMBERS to vote, vote vote!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Another question, if you have voted NO, why would you not want to participate and what would make you more comfortable to participate in such a site?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
SandyT wrote:
the issue of contamination in products that are partially used is a major concern. JMO!

This is what bothers me about swapping. I wouldn't know if someone has stuck their fingers in the jar, used a skin spatula, etc, etc. I don't go for swapping at all!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
SandyT wrote:
the issue of contamination in products that are partially used is a major concern. JMO!

This is what bothers me about swapping. I wouldn't know if someone has stuck their fingers in the jar, used a skin spatula, etc, etc. I don't go for swapping at all!

It depends on the container, right? If it's a squeeze bottle, then it should be fine.

As for the jars, if you buy from someone you trust and tells you that she has used spatuala all the time (like I do Very Happy ), should also be ok.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
It depends on the container, right? If it's a squeeze bottle, then it should be fine.

As for the jars, if you buy from someone you trust and tells you that she has used spatuala all the time (like I do Very Happy ), should also be ok.

For the sanitary issues, yes, it does depend on the container. However, who is to say that the product being swapped has not sat around for months, has not been stored properly, etc., etc? Sorry, I am a little anal about this stuff! Very Happy
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so i was thinking about all these issues. So I thought that the website would be through invite only. That way, it is more elite, exclusive, safe, trustworthy and less chance of being scammed. We will also be able to swap, sell and bid with other professionals / serious people with higher end products and devices. Not just anyone can have a username and password to use the site.

So I meet with another web designer and to keep up a website like this, I would have to have some kind of revenue so that I don't have to use ads and banners.

How much do you think is fair? Would you rather pay per bid, per month, percentage of total sell? I am at a deadlock as to where to take this!

I want input, I need input!

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |