Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what ingredients when you start to get wrinkles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
i'm in my mid 40's and i just noticed some fine wrinkles on my forehead and around my eyes. I think it's the beginning Sad
What ingredients do you recommend to get rid or at least to delay deeper wrinkles?
Or, maybe I'm kidding myself. Do cream really help with wrinkles. Maybe I need peels, laser, or ?
thanks so much!
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
The questions is what creams do you recommend for the beginning of wrinkles.
I was doing research about crams, and there are thousands of creams that claim to help.
So I really need some recomendations.
Do crams are enough? or do I need something else?
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
maybe some collagen eye mask will be helpful...
I am also worried about such things. These time I try a valmont cyto complex factor II eye cream, the effect is really good. My lines under eyes are much better than before.But I am not sure if it also works for deep wrinkles
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Renova/Retin A.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think vit C, retin A and peptide is the standard answer Laughing
havana8

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
plus maybe things such as caffeine, or the Zinc complex used in the Relastin products or coffeeberry such as is used in Revaleskin...
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:17 am      Reply with quote
A good antioxidant serum or cream in the morning, an occasional AHA like some of the peel pads that are so popular right now used two to three times a week. I like Peter Thomas Roths Unwrinkle peel pads and finally at night Retin-A if you are acne prone or Renova if you are not acne prone.

Here are the reviews from sephora.com on the peel pads.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P196003&categoryId=C15861

There are many good antioxidant products on the market. Retin-A or Renova need to either be prescribed by your dermatologist or you can buy either one at Alldaychemist.com or Medsmex.com without a prescription. The Retin-A or Renova from Medsmex is twice the size (40grams) compared to Alldaychemist at (20 grams). The Retin-A or Renova from medsmex is brand name while the Retin-A from Alldaychemist is generic. There is also a cheaper shipping option from medsmex for $10.00 instead of the usual $24.00 shipping at both sites. If you are worried about using your creditcard at these foreign web sites I would buy a money order and mail it in. I use my creditcard or pay by electronic check thru medsmex. I've been buying my Renova from them for 6 years now.

Both websites are excellent places to buy retin-A or Renova only available from medsmex. There is also another good pharmacy, Inhousepharmacy.com also known as 4cornerspharmacy.com that you can also get Retin-A from but not Renova.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Angy,

The gold standard in topical creams is Tretinoin derived from Vitamin A. Evidence suggests that it can repair collagen - the key component that becomes damaged with sun-exposure.

Have you been out in the sun with no sunscreen perhaps? If so try RETIN A cream which I've just described. Also, use a sunblock/high SPF cream for day.

For evening, sun-damaged skin will benefit from Retin A cream. Also, try cold-pressed oils like virgin olive oil, or vitamin E oil or wheatgerm oil,

Hope this helps,

pinkrose
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I recommend Janson Beckett AlphaDerma CE. It's ideal for Fine Lines Under & next to Eye Area (crows feet), Wrinkles on the Forehead (frown lines) and any other place
Main ingredients:
ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-AH3 (ARGIRELINE) relaxes facial muscle contractions to smooth out fine lines and depth of wrinkles.
ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, VITAMIN C ESTER and DMAE is already recognized as a clinical treatment to combat skin aging.
Alpha Lipoic Acid, the most potent antioxidant on the market today, helps repair aged skin while preventing future damage. VITAMIN C ESTER (ascorbyl palmitate) boosts protective antioxidant action and helps repair past damage by aiding new collagen production.
DMAE often called "facelift in a jar", helps Firm and Tighten the skin.
ELASTIN is the main ingredient in the skin that allows it to stretch without leaving marks.

I hope that it is helpful
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
you guys are great! thanks all for the very helpful ideas. I had some trouble with retinA. I don't know if my skin is too senstive, or my sunscreen has not enough. But i developed some hyperpigmentation with retinA.
Do you guys have a brand that you recommend? there are millions of brands out there, and I'm not really sure which ones are better.
Thanks a lot!
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
You could try Prodigy Product Line or Collagen Product Line of helena Rubinstein. I use such product lines which are really helpful to anti-wrinkles.

I used these products with no any sign of getting allergy.
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
lilyofthevalley wrote:
You could try Prodigy Product Line or Collagen Product Line of helena Rubinstein. I use such product lines which are really helpful to anti-wrinkles.

I used these products with no any sign of getting allergy.

Thanks lily, I'll look into those brands.

I'd like to know if some of you have used:
Is Clinical
Neova
Prevage
Topix
Neocutis
Revale Skin

are you happy with the results?

I noticed that some of these brands indicate to ask your dermatologist, but they are sold on amazon too. So I wonder If i really need to ask my dermatologist???

Thanks a lot!
havana8

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
EDS carries ISC, Neocutis and Revale.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
you should have started much , MUCh earlier my dear. but it's okay, no point crying over spilt milk. good luck and share ur results with us !!

retin-a is good to start with every night
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
you should have started much , MUCh earlier my dear. but it's okay, no point crying over spilt milk. good luck and share ur results with us !!

retin-a is good to start with every night

i know calorblind, all I can say at this point is that I'll make sure my daughter starts early.
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
EDS carries ISC, Neocutis and Revale.

thanks havana8,

My question is why these brands indicate to talk to your dermatologist? are the ingredients stronger than usual? or is just a marketing strategy to get us keep visiting our dermatologist?

Thanks a lot!
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Collagen works for aging skin!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I need feeback from all of you beauty experts!
I'm trying to find a good anti-aging skin care routine that does not require tretinoin or any type of retinA, tazorac, etc., I used tretinoin, and it made me peel which caused postinflamatory hyperpigmentation (HP). In short, If I peel, I get HP ---ugly!

My problem - fine lines on my forehead and the beginning of light crow feet. I'm still fightening some HP. I'm 43.

MY skincare routine so far:

PM
finacea -prescribed by my derma for my HP.

Youth complex - 3 times a week. I don't want to overdo CP.

NIA24 - 4 times a week

AM

-Skinceuticas CE feluric

-moisturizer ? i'm still debating among primary care from cosmedicine, rewind cream from Skin Actives, or Nia24.
I like Cosmedicine primary care because it has peptides, vit C, and HA.
I like rewind cream because of all the antioxidants and licorice to help with HP.
any suggestions would be welcome!

-Elta MD mineral sunblock

Please give me some feedback. Should I add or change something ?

Many thanks!
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
nutella wrote:

True! But it's hard to be absorbed. Could anybody recommend some good products which could stimulates the collagen? Thanks.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Botox.

Seriously.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I can tell you all what works for skin are skin identical and cell communicating ingredients and antioxidants and others such as the ceramides,glycerin,hyaluronate, fatty acids etc.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone knows any good collagen masks/creams ?
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
lilyofthevalley wrote:
nutella wrote:

True! But it's hard to be absorbed. Could anybody recommend some good products which could stimulates the collagen? Thanks.

lily - i found this link helpful for learning about collagen
http://www.futurederm.com/2008/03/08/how-can-i-rebuild-collagen/
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have veeerrryyy sensitive skin and my dermatologist said to mix the Tazorac I use with moisturizer, it's still getting on your skin the moisturizer just helps you tolerate it. (Tazaroc is a retinoid like Retin-A, retinoids and alpha hydroxy acids increase the rate of cell turnover on your skin).

Also I would start doing light peels, take omega 3 supplements (avoid inflammatory food like sugar and refined carbs), put your moisturizer on while your skin is still damp, use a really good sunscreen, collagen formation requires eating adequate Vitamin C and amino acids so make sure to eat fruits, veggies, and good quality protein. Exercise is also great for your skin, the more circulation you get to your skin the healthier it'll be.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
secretly, interesting that you mention mixing moisturizing with tazorac. I heard that if one uses any type of retinA, one should not use any moisturizer after applying it? Maybe I'm confused.

Since I hear so much good things about retinA, I give it another try and I have not peeled. So I think i'll be able to use retinA after all : )
do you guys apply retinA, tazora, renova, etc., on the eye area?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |