Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

do you guys apply sunscreen around your eyes??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
so far, I don't use any sunscreen/sunblock around my eyes. And, i think that I should. Do you guys use the same sunscreen for your face and the eye area?

P.S. sorry for the silly question.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I do... as long as your sunscreen doesn't "travel" it should be fine. I just wouldn't want it to end up IN my eye...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I do. I also ALWAYS wear sunglasses when out in the sun.
rlook
5% products discount

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I was recently advised that it is actually not recommended by dermatologists to apply any sunscreen around the eyes and the closest you can apply sunscreen is around the socket. In other words, you can apply sunscreen under your
eyebrow but not on your upper lid.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
rlook... what was the derms reason?

I wear sunglasses too! All the time!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wearing a sunglass is really nice idea!
Most sunscreen product could not be used around eye.They put this notice on the box.

Shisedo has special sunscreen product for the eye contour.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I do.. Dermalogica spf eye cream and I to always wear sunnies
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I do. I use sheseido eye sunscreen
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I do wear sunscreen around my eyes. Of course my eyeliner is a mess!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
rlook... what was the derms reason?

I wear sunglasses too! All the time!!!!

That's because some chemical sunscreens are easily to penetrate into skin and cause irritating. Eye lid is the thinest skin on the face.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have applied sunblock on my upper lids and around my eyes. My skin would burn so fast and I showed it to my dermo. and he said to use sunblock there.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I have applied sunblock on my upper lids and around my eyes. My skin would burn so fast and I showed it to my dermo. and he said to use sunblock there.

Skincare, are you still seeing Dr. Goldhar?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Yes. He is really good. Are you seeing him now?
Persnickety
5% products discount

Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Yes definitely. I just use my regular sunscreen (face, around eyes, neck, decolletage).
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I do wear SS around my eyes and always sun glasses when outside. It can be hit or miss finding one that works around the eye area though. And if it migrates it can really irritate. Currently I'm using L'oreal Dermo-Expertise Revitalift Uv Daily Moisturizing Cream Spf 15 around my eye area. I've never has any issues with it bothering my eyes.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I do, even on eyelids.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I use Murad C Eye Cream with Spf 15. It works great for me and has vitamin c, which is a plus.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I do all of the time. Very Happy
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
thanks all for your replies. I'll get a sunscreen for the eye area.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I do.

I didn't do that before, thus, got some spot under eyes. Now they are gone.
Juicy_yi

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I do. I use eye cream with spf.
and I know sisley has a specific product which works as eye concealer, but has protective effect. I am using it and I like it very much Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I do, with bad results, LOL..every time I've used sunscreen over my eyes (well I'll put a dime size on the palm of my hands and pat it over my entire face including eyes, not ON my eyeballs, lol..over my eyes, CLOSED) I am running to the sink after an hour or two madly rinsing my face and eyes because my eyes literally feel like they are on fire...I've tried the so-called non-greasy facial sunscreens, the non-runny ones, oil-free ones etc., NOTHING has worked. I bet its the chemicals stinging my eyes. I'd like to try a nice, non-greasy organic natural sunscreen for face but I have no idea what to use!!!
kayzhou

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. Actifirm Sun Stop SPF 45 for my entire face and anywhere exposed to the sun
spinney
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, i use 100 percent pure sunscreen around my eyes, on lids, i bught this for this purpose, no stinging, at all, i have very senstive skin.
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
spinney wrote:
Yes, i use 100 percent pure sunscreen around my eyes, on lids, i bught this for this purpose, no stinging, at all, i have very senstive skin.

spinney, It sounds good. What brand did you get? and is it for the eye area only?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |