Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
What can this be ? (pics included, not very pleasant!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the ugly pictures Sad but I get those twice a year, what can it be and what to do?

pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm guessing cold sores, just because of the "blistery" look of them. I used to think that a person could only get cold sores on the lips but I know now that you can get them inside your nose, inside your mouth, anywhere on the upper lip and chin area (especially if your immune system has been ravaged by a bad 'flu virus).
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Could these possibly be fever blisters? They are usually caused by a virus which can be triggered by a number of things including stress or over-exposure to the sun. This was just my first thought when I was the pics.

I must've been writing the same time as Pinky1!

There is prescription medication you can take; but I can't think of the name of it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like classic Impetigo

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/impetigo-overview
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies. Does anyone know any home remedies? I do not want to go to the doctor with cold sores Embarassed
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
You can buy an over the counter medication called Abreva, it's a cream you put on as soon as you can. Just remember that this is infectious and so no kissing, etc. Be especially careful around little ones as you don' t want to 'gift" this to anyone. It is infectious as long as it is itching and burning, for at least 3 days, sometimes more. Once you get them, you will always get it. Read up on herpes simplex.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Go to http://www.Health911.com (Sorry i don't know how to make a live link) This site offers a lot of useful information and some home remedies as well. Hope it help! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Personally I would forget about the home remedies and over-the-counter treatments and get it diagnosed by a doctor. If you are treating it for the wrong thing then you will just be flushing money down the drain and possibly do more harm than good. Trust me, you will feel ever so much better if you find out exactly what it is and how you should treat it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
It is definitely oral herpes. I just had one on my lip last week and have been suffering from them since a nasty dentist at age 11 who was not very clean. they release pus, itch and burn. The doctor will not do anything much for it. ABREVA makes it go away in half the normal time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:53 am      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
Looks like classic Impetigo

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/impetigo-overview

It looks like Impetigo to me too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
OMG I am sorry RussianSunshine I have the exact same thing mercifully only every 10 years. The only thing that helps make it heal quicker is abreva (OTC).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Defiantely Herpes Simplex- cold sore
wind, sun, on comming illness- anything can trigger them.
Abreva

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I would have said coldsore, but after seeing photos of impetigo on the links posted, it could well be that.

I know it feels silly going to see a doctor about something like this (that's how I'd feel, too), but it's much better to get a definite diagnosis. Once you know for sure what it is, you should, hopefully, be able to treat it yourself when it recurs.

Best to make sure you're doing the right thing, I'd say. It does look sore. Poor you!
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Herpes simplex is a virus.
Impetigo is a bacterial disease.

Treatment would be very different.

Why not go to a local walk in clinic and let them have a look? You may need a prescription strength antibiotic ointment. Abreva will not work for Impetigo and may make it worse.

My son uses Abreva for cold sores and it does work well.

I would not rule out Impetigo which is very infectious.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
For sure this is Herpes Simplex - cold sore
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the Herpes diagnosis. My ex-husband used to get them ONLY on his chin. If he was extremely stressed out, you could literally which them pop out on his chin like clockwork! Ideally, cut out chocolate and nuts and start taking Lysine regularly.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Herpes Simplex 1. I used to get this a lot, usually after UV light had depressed my immune system in the summer. I haven't had it recently so can't comment on quick treatments other than L-Lysine or Abreva.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for replies. I went to see two pharmacists, and they both said it is cold sore and recommended Abreva, which is 20$ for 3 gr Embarassed

By the way, these nasty blisters are spreading, I now have 4 Cool And , of course, tomorrow I have to attend a big dinner party Very Happy

That reminds me of the 2009 NY party. Two nights before the party I hit the back door of my car with my forehead, had a big huge bump with the pimple on top. Very Happy
I went to the party anyway.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes they are coldsores Shock My fiance gets them all over his face and has to take a antiviral tablet called Valtrex for them - its actually given to people with shingles! There are natural alternatives look on the web. Also try tea tree oil or we have recently discovered Olive Leaf Extract which we buy from the Health Food Shop and you take just 5ml twice a day orally and its meant to boost your immune system. I have recently been taking it for tonsillitis and its cleared that up without antibiotics.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Russian Sunshine, I get fever blisters as well. Never did until I was 46. Probably brought on by stress and lack of sleep, though they say the virus lurks in our systems, sometimes for years, and waits for the opportune moment to surface. Mine never developed into full-blown coldsores, just tiny, single fever blisters and that tingling feeling.

Abreva is good, but I found that Releev works much better for me. It's just as expensive as Abreva, but the little bottle lasts me a month. I usually get mine on ebay at better-than-retail prices. I haven't had a fever blister for three or four years now. But yes, I use Releev several times a day and more when I feel stressed or am coming down with something. Hope yours go away soon!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:57 am      Reply with quote
looks like herpes simplex

i used to have these ugly things round my mouth

generally speaking, it's the symptom of your excessive body hotness

drink some chrysanthemum tea

usually, it did well for me
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Treating them as soon as you feel the first "tingle" is the best way, but that's obviously not possible in this case.

My little trick is to dab a little aftershave/perfume on top of the coldsore. The alcohol content helps to dry it out. Stings a little, but seems to work.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
You learn to be very gentle with yourself and pay attention to what triggers an outbreak. Yes, it starts with a tingle, the maybe a burning as the inflammation breaks forth into a full "cold sore". So named because they often accompany any immune surpression.
People prone to Herpes Simplex ( related to, but not the same as Herpes Zoster-chickenpox) Must also be careful of skincare procedures and products....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
BTW: the hallmark of herpes is a reoccurance around the same area. Impetego blooms, heals, and seldom reoccurs

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the rest of the responses - these look cold sores... and I know that they're awful! I have been prone to them my whole life!

Before you got them, did you skin tingle? That's how you can usually tell. Winter or summer, I am obsessed with coating my lips with balm that contains SPF. This is the only method I've found that will actually prevent cold sores. On my skin, I make sure I'm moisturizing all the time and wearing sunscreen.

To help me with any breakouts, my doc prescribed me Zovirax cream. I find this to be more effective that Abreva. Just as a note - Abreva is very effective, too, if you can't get the prescription.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |