Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

L'OCCITANE Shea Butter, good job!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kory82202
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have only used the hand cream and it is the best hand cream I ever used. I definitely am going to try some of there other shea butter products. I hope they work just as good as the hand cream.
sweetnancy
5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like the shea butter hand balm.It is way better than c&e. But it is also way more expensive. So, not sure which one to buy. After all we do not have harsh winter in Vancouver.

milbader wrote:
I am also a big fan of L'Occitane 100% Shea Butter and have been using it for years. It works wonders on my sons eczema.
Bree22
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I Love their pure shea butter.. It's one of the item that I can go without.. Very Happy Very Happy
La Bouche

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I must admit that i do not like the smell but do use in winter for knees and elbows.
LisaMarie

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I have purchase Loccitaine online before and am not impressed with their shea butter.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I heard L'Occitane 100% Shea Butter is very good, but I was confused how to use it, it's as hard as a stone. But the shea butter handscream is good.
meowth
5% products discount

Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I love L'Occitane's hand cream. Last year I bought the shea butter ultra comforting cream for face and found it too oily for me. So I had it as hand cream to use it up and surprisingly found that it is so good for my hands. Started stocking up on it since then.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:44 am      Reply with quote
I love L'Occitane hand cream and their Lavender body lotion. Smile

I think their body stuff is better than their skincare though! Smile

5% products discount

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I use the hand cream as I have researched it to be the best hand cream. It solved my dry skin problems during the snow season. Very Happy
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I know shea butter is good for dry,sensitive skin.but it is not good for acne,oily skin type.So I use it for my body and hand especially cold winter.
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Love the hand cream. Very good moisturizer. Great for winter. To bad they put parabens in it.
imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Very soothing and pure and effective, this entire Shea Butter line is the best..! Don't use too much.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the hand cream in store yesterday and whilst it smelled gorgeous and went on you silky after a few minutes it was actually a little sticky, both my sister and I noticed this. Did anyone else experience this or could it be that it is an old tester?
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 am      Reply with quote
love the cream too, and its versena line

hi pal,

it's sticky,or you could also try crabtree, but which smells a little strong
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:25 am      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
hi pal,

it's sticky,or you could also try crabtree, but which smells a little strong

Thanks annesun, I think I will stay away from the l'occataine hand cream then, I dont like sticky. I actually havent tried the crabtree as yet but have heard many reviews, will have to stop in next time Im in the shops.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
This product (like so many of l'occitanes other products) works AMAZING! This works as a great moisturizer. IT also hels my scars and prevents razor burn.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
if i see your post earlier, i will buy it also. Very Happy
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:44 am      Reply with quote
This sounds like something worth trying for my dry, sensitive skin.

The comment about it being hard like stone - is that right? Or was that a bad batch or something?
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Shea butter is perfect for dry sensitive skin. About it being hard, well, it's not rock solid...think of a solid perfume. That's what it reminds me of. But, as soon as you put it in your hands, it begins to soften. L'Occitane recommends rubbing some between your hands to soften it. This works great for me. Hope this helps!
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks blackmamba. I'll definitely try it in the future.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:02 am      Reply with quote
I wanna to try it; however when i go to the store and try on my hand i find it is really hard !!!

Therefore I decide not to buy it b/c of its hard texture
Fanoute

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I agree it is a great product, I love it to. Very rich butter! Amazing
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like L'Occitane 's mask .
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Shea butter hand cream works best for hands. Magic!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I love shea butter! My hands have always been dry and now they're soo much smoother! They're great for lips too, but I've found something else that doesn't have such a strong smell
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |