Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dr Pickart's Skin Signals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Anyone tried Dr Pickart's new Skin Signals yet for firming and elasticity??
It has rave reviews on his forum.
Just wondering - thx Diphx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I did try it as I had received a sample... No big deal- didn't see any skin improvement

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Alien - appreciate your candidness.
Was really hoping this would be an improved version of copper peptides. I really like them but after a while your skin plateaus and you don't see much improvement after that.
I'll see if I can get a sample to try as well.
DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:
Yes, I did try it as I had received a sample... No big deal- didn't see any skin improvement

Is a sample enough to make a conclusion?

I think, if one gets good results with CPs must also get good results with Skin Signals since it's basically CPs + Elastin + Collagen.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Alien wrote:

Is a sample enough to make a conclusion?

I think, if one gets good results with CPs must also get good results with Skin Signals since it's basically CPs + Elastin + Collagen.

I can't imagine a sample size would give any results except for maybe irritation. It takes quite some time with CP's according to those that have used it and posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
check the Skinbiology CP Thread - they are talking about skin signals in there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I have used SB Skin Signals now for about 6 months & like it very much. It has great tightening abilities. I like the serums because you can dilute them if they are too strong for your skin type.

You can do this by applying a few drops to damp skin or by adding a few drops of water to each drop of serum. You only need 3 or 4 drops to start, then increase a little as your skin acclimates. I only use 6 - 8 allover my face once a day and have had great results.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Skin Signals since October and GHK before that because I wanted to increase the amount of copper gradually. I don't notice that much of a difference,frankly. But then I never notice much change with any skin routine. When I use up my bottle, I'm not sure what I'll do next. I've been dermarolling so want to see where that takes me. I may just continue dermarolling with Chock Full o Vitamins serum only.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using copper peptides for a few years now and have had great results. They (skinbiology) sent me a sample of the skin signals with my last order. The sample size is enough for a few months so there is plenty to determine if it works for you or not. My opinion is that I cannot tell any difference between the standard copper peptides and the skin signals.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I know this thread is old but rather than start a new one I thought I would see if I can get a few questions answered here. I ordered Skin Signals cream and the Two Timing Tightener and wondered if anyone is still using the Skin Signals and could offer any advice on application of other products in the AM along with the Skin Signals cream and if anyone is getting results from its use.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi bren. I just started back on CP's last month and I use the Skin Signals. Not long enough to see any results yet, but I like the product. I believe Hotdocgirl uses the Skin Signals and likes it. Not sure if I can help with the layering of products with it, but what are you wanting to use with it?
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I use SSC every night. I love it. I have been using Skin Biology products for over 12 months now. I started with the P & R protect and then moved up to Triductin and Skin Signals Cream. I alternate them at night and use Lacsal in the mornings about 5 mornings a week.

I also bought the super cop serum about a month ago and have been using a few drops of that on my cheeks (trying to get rid of some marks)

Since I started using CP's I find the texture and feel of my skin has definitely firmed and toned. Not sure if it does great things for pigmentation (which it is supposed to help with) but the thickness of my skin is apparent. To be honest I try other things but hardly ever miss a night of CP's!!!

My skin copped with them pretty well, you do have to start slowly, but I had no problems. There is a really helpful thread all about CP's on here.

If you are using Vit C make sure you leave about 12 hours between, I use my CP's at night, then in the morning, apply my Lacsal, wait 20mins and then apply my Vit C.

I also use my CP's before my LED with nice results. I have used alot of different skincare but CP's are the one thing I will never stop using. I will of course add other things in and try things but they are a staple with me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
This thread is worth the read..

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37752

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies. I was going to use the SSC in the morning and the LacSal at night. The other products I will be using in the AM would be my sisters DIY serum, MSM Cream mixed with a few drops of EMU and sunscreen. I may go back to Neocutis's Biorestorative Gel with PSP and add that to the AM mix as well, I really liked that and I don't know why I stopped using it...probably due to the price.
I have used DrP's copper peptide serum in the past, but got scared due to some getting the dreaded uglies...I never got it in the few months I was using it, but I stopped anyway. I want to address firmness as it seems to be my biggest issue...no wrinkles, just some sag.

Let me also state that I would be using retin-a alternating nights with the LacSal

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Another question....is the SSC good enough to use on its own or should I be using another CP along with it?

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Bren,
I have been using Skin Signals Cream for maybe 8 months or so... hard to remember.

Anyway, I do like what it has done for my skin. I have noticed more clarity and firming. When it runs out, I will be trying the Super GHK serum to see how that works... but will stick with CPs.

I was scared of the uglies too.. but no problems here at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Erg! Clarity and firming for myself would be perfect, it's what I need. I don't need any heavy duty skin remodelling hence the reason I thought the SSC would be perfect for me.

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I think you will like it. It was gradual. Took about 6 months. I can really tell when I pinch my skin that it is firmer. I may actually start to incorporate CPs with a dermaroller.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Do I need to start out gradually with the SSC like you do with regular CP serum?

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I started every other day for about two weeks. I use it now 4-5 days a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Bren, not sure what sunscreen you use, but wanted to mention that a zinc sunscreen is not supposed to be used with the CP's. (ETA: Meaning if you use a zinc sunscreen, use the CP at night.)
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Currently I use a tinted spf moisturizer, but was thinking of trying out the Revision that you use.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Do I need to start out gradually with the SSC like you do with regular CP serum?

I think you will be ok using it 4-5 times a week, just remember to use a tiny amount each time. It used to make my skin very red last year when I tried it, but this time it doesn't (probably because I have been using the GHK fairly regularly for a while now!).

I had to move the SSC to night due to the not using it with zinc. (The Revision does have some zinc in it, so I needed to move the CP to the night and my AHA to the day.)
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I would hate to move it to the evening because then I'd have to give up my retin-a. I did a brief search for a sunscreen that doesn't have zinc in it and came up empty handed in the 15 minutes I spent on it....will do a bit more digging this evening.

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I was doing some reading over at the Skin Biology website and apparently it is ok to use SSC with retin-a at night. Would it be the SSC first and then the retin-a after or vice versa? I couldn't seem to find a "what order" answer. If it's ok to use retin-a with SSC then I would definitely go to a night routine with it to make my sunscreen options a bit wider.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |