Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Is there a curling mascara that actually works?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I have bone straight lashes, and if I use a curler everyday it will make some of my lashes fall out. I have been searching for a curling mascara that actually curls them. I have tried lots of brands. If someone has bone straight lashes and found something that works, please share Smile.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
None have ever worked for me.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I am the same way. My heritage is Asian so I have long, thin eyelashes that stick straight out from my eyelid. My sisters and I have started to use this trick.....

This is how I curl them and keep them curled. I seems to work with my sisters and I very well.

Heat up your metal eyelash curler with your blow dryer on high/hot for 3 seconds. Test the temp of the part that touches your skin on your hand first before you place on your eye. Then use on eyelashes and hold for 10 to 15 seconds (or however long you need). Let cool while being curled. Then move to other lash.

I then use Lancome Hypnose Mascara on the part that isn't curled at the base of my lashes and only on the part that is seen. Whenever I have got any of my mascara on the curled part, it seems to not stay as long. However, if you follow my instructions with this particular mascara, it holds the curl and my eyelashes look amazing!

Try that and let me know how it goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
Yeah, I am the same way. My heritage is Asian so I have long, thin eyelashes that stick straight out from my eyelid. My sisters and I have started to use this trick.....

This is how I curl them and keep them curled. I seems to work with my sisters and I very well.

Heat up your metal eyelash curler with your blow dryer on high/hot for 3 seconds. Test the temp of the part that touches your skin on your hand first before you place on your eye. Then use on eyelashes and hold for 10 to 15 seconds (or however long you need). Let cool while being curled. Then move to other lash.

I then use Lancome Hypnose Mascara on the part that isn't curled at the base of my lashes and only on the part that is seen. Whenever I have got any of my mascara on the curled part, it seems to not stay as long. However, if you follow my instructions with this particular mascara, it holds the curl and my eyelashes look amazing!

Thanks a lot! I will need to get this mascara and give it a try.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Try this mascara with the heating of eyelash curler. It works together really well!

5% products discount

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
The only curling mascara I've loved is discontinued - it was called "Le Grand Curl" by L'oreal (although I think they still might be making it for other markets - I thought I saw some in South Asia a while back).

I've tried lots of drugstore "curling" mascaras since then - and the only one that gives me a good result is "Panoramic curl" - again by L'oreal....I'm hoping that it is the same formulation - just with a different name Surprised

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you should try Fasio Power-Stay Mascara 3D Curl Volume.

There are good reviews of this product on makeupalley. Smile

I have used this product in the past. I liked it. It did curl my lashes but no thickening effect. Sad So it was good and bad!

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I Dont know about curling ones.I have always loved ALMAY one coat nourishing mascara thickening.

My friend has beautiful eyelashes and Almay is what she uses,they almost look fake.People stop her to ask her about her lashes.She curls her lashes with a spoon Laughing .Her lashes always look perfect,separated and no clumps.

I personally have a hard time using the spoon but the mascara works great with a eyelash curler.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I've not used that many mascaras but I've tried high and low ends and none of the "curling" mascaras actually curls my lashes without the help of my eyelash curler.
However, I do find that Shiseido's The Makeup mascara base slightly curls my lashes and holds the curl for a good few hours.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever gotten an eyelash "perm?" They offer it at the Medspa that I go to. Would that help straight lashes??

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased Maybelline's XXL Curl Power and think it works very well - I've ditched the eyelash curler. It's one of those two step mascaras, the first step curls and the second step colours. It also doesn't clump or flake.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
i use a mascara and rather than use a curler i blink along one of my fingers curling my lashes just after (literally wand not even back in the tube) to help them dry slightly curled rather than using a damaging curler
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Has anyone ever gotten an eyelash "perm?" They offer it at the Medspa that I go to. Would that help straight lashes??

I have tried this, but after a week or two my lashes started to break Shock
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I just purchased Maybelline's XXL Curl Power and think it works very well - I've ditched the eyelash curler. It's one of those two step mascaras, the first step curls and the second step colours. It also doesn't clump or flake.

This one sounds really good. The eyelash curler never works well for me (but I have not tried the heating trick).
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing has ever worked to keep my lashes curled. My hair won't even keep a curl! So this is the only way that i have counter acted that!

Such a simple inexpensive trick! I don't even go to the beach without curling them. I will go with no mascara and no makeup but will curl my eyelashes if I go to the gym! ha ha Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:56 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Keliu"]I just purchased Maybelline's XXL Curl Power and think it works very well - I've ditched the eyelash curler. It's one of those two step mascaras, the first step curls and the second step colours. It also doesn't clump or flake.[/quote]

Ya, this one works well on me too.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Not Asian here, but I always used an eyelash curler til Lumigan took effect. It made my lashes so long that they curled up naturally, and using an eyelash curler makes them look ridiculous now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I really do not believe that mascara could curl my eyelash, because every mascara I have ever tried do not work.

So I always use a eyelasher before and after the mascara, for two times total.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
What is a good eyelash curler then? I mean the one that you heat to curl lashes? And is there different kids, like for example for deep set eyes, big or small eyes? Where do you buy them?
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:03 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
What is a good eyelash curler then? I mean the one that you heat to curl lashes? And is there different kids, like for example for deep set eyes, big or small eyes? Where do you buy them?

ella,

I have been using a very inexpensive heated eyelash curler for a few yrs. now. I get it from Drugstore.com for around $4. The brand is Ardell and it's the only thing that will curl my lashes. It did take a bit of getting use to, but now I've always got an extra on hand because it really works on my lashes. For the price, I'd say give it a try. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Which one you got from there? They showed 6 different ones... Some inexpensive ones are Revlon and CoverGirl and Maxfactor...
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
Which one you got from there? They showed 6 different ones... Some inexpensive ones are Revlon and CoverGirl and Maxfactor...

ella,

It's by Ardell. For some reason it's not letting me post the link. Just do a search for "Ardell heated eyelash curler" and you'll find it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
My suggestion is to use a electronic eyelash curler Very Happy
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
You should never use an eyelash curer after mascara, as that will cause your lashes to break.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
Miss Tina wrote:

Thanks a lot! I will need to get this mascara and give it a try.

Thanks for sharing! Will try it soon.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |