Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! - Need DS Sunblock - prefer Physical
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
We leave tomorrow morning to go camping for the weekend and I can't find my beloved Blue Lizzard sunscreen. I am going to look at CVS, because last year I saw it there once.

If I can't find it, can you give me some suggestions on an alternate that I could find at CVS, Walgreens, or Walmart?

I prefer physical for a few reasons, but mainly because they seem to protect for so much longer than others do. We won't be where it will be handy to reapply every few hours - once, twice at the most per day, is all I can expect.

Any ideas?
sophia1015
5% products discount

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Have you considered some pretty and inexpensive sunblock hat?

Staying in office all day long, I don'r need any sun cream. A pretty hat is sufficient.
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
We're going to be at the lake. Need the sunscreen more for my hubby who will be in the boat or on the jet ski or fishing all day. I'll be fine as I hate the sun and will either be in the shade or in the camper most of the daytime hours. For me, basically any old thing will do, but for him, it needs to be substantial.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you could consider Korres (A greece skin care brand) watermelon sunscreen cream, SPF 30 and against UVA and UVB, physical sunscreen.

Also natural ingredents~
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, but I had to have it that day. I actually found a little 3oz tube of the blue lizzard sensitive at our CVS, so I got that and then I also got the new Coppertone ultraGUARD in SPF 50. http://www.coppertone.com/coppertone/products/ultraguard/detail_gp_50lotion.jsp
I let my hubby use the Blue Lizzard and I used the Coppertone. I have to say I was very pleased at how well it worked considering I am pretty pale and I was out playing in the water or on the lake for several hours each day. We didn't even come back with any color and everyone else out there had a bit of a lobster glow to them!!

There is a $5 coupon on the site now for the Coppertone, so I think I will definately get some more of this to leave in the camper.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:45 am      Reply with quote
SkinCeuticals physical sunscreen is good. The protective ability is very reliable. Just don't know if you can find it in the places you mentioned.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |