Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

youngest looking movie star
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I saw Jacqueline Smith being interviewed on TV after the death of Farrah.My jaw dropped, she was absolutely beautiful!! She hadnt changed much at all since Charlie's Angels 30 yrs ago. She is 62 yrs old! She had amazing skin (no sag at all) and a perfect smooth neck. I was astounded. Without a doubt she is the "best preserved Hollywood star".She really looks quite young, like she is in her early forties....other stars despite huge effort do not look young(you know....Suzanne Sommers,Victoria Principal, Joan Rivers, Madonnaetc...) Christie Brinkley runs a close second to Jackie Smith however.
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
here is a pic, then&now.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/06/28/jaclyn-smith-good-genes-or-good-docs/

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I saw Jaclyn Smith being interviewed on Oprah when she was 57 years old. At that time she swore she never had a face lift. Maybe she did afterwards, however at 57 and without a face lift she was just as beautiful as now.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Lucy, I completely agree!! Whatever she does/has done she's is beautiful!! Wish I knew her secret.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Lucy, I completely agree!! Whatever she does/has done she's is beautiful!! Wish I knew her secret.

Me, too! I think she is almost better looking now, softer - hard to describe!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think she has most definitely had a facelift,she has no drooping or sagging at all. She is an example of good plastic surgery....natural....you still look like yourself.Also she has conservative hair and makeup and did not make the classic Hollywood star mistake....too much lip filler! I am going to visit my cousin possibly in the next couple of weeks, she is friends with a lady who is one of Jackie Smith's best friends....maybe I can get the scoop!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
She is by far the loveliest of all the hollywood stars. It is possible she's been doing facial exercises for a long time to keep the sag away, and a little bit of fillers here and there. Even if she has had a facelift it was a darn good one and worth every penny.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with LucyLuc- appropriate & great looking face lift. Not overblown & about trying to look 30 again. Just better. Isn't that refreshing?
Can't wait to hear if you find out anything LucyLuc.

That's the face lift I want in 10 years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
When I watched the interview I realized her whole demeanor made her appear young; her clothing, even the way she talked made a difference,she has a very nice mellow speaking voice(not like Joan rivers ok?)That made her seem younger too. She is very feminine but not in your face trying to be sexy. There are many people who have had plastic surgery BUT somehow they still seem old....like barbara Walters.She has had several Facelifts, sculptra etc...but she still seems old...
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc.....when you visit your cousin please, please, please try to find out Jaclyn Smith's scret to youth and beauty at 62. Even if her secret is a good plastic surgeon it would be nice to know the "truth" behind her youthful look.
spartridge

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:07 am      Reply with quote
she looks brilliant. i can’t believe my eyes. i think good gene plus appropriate skincare make her seems like young lady.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure that being stunningly beautiful in your youth also helps - as Christie Brinkley and Jacqueline Smith both were. However, it takes more than good genes and skincare to look that good in your 60s. I would love to know what their secrets are - but who knows what is available behind the private doors of plastic surgeons to those who have the money to pay for the latest technology. I'm sure they are privy to all sorts of things that us mere mortals haven't even heard of yet. I wouldn't be surprised if human growth hormones and blood plasma injections have allot to do with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:52 am      Reply with quote
wow it`s amazing how she looks in her 60s! can`t believe my own eyes!
I agree with Keliu that rich people have access to all the latest technologies and products, but still - how many of them look old for their age despite of all their afforts, or just weird after a plastic surgery.
talking about Madonna - with all her money and efforts she still looks her age - I would give her her 50s, but I wouldn`t give this lady 60s!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I heard christy brinkley does fat grafting with Dr Wexler. Fat grafting helps a lot with wrinkles if you dont have major sagging. But there are some bad results with fat grafting and its really expensive....They both have great hairstyles....a litle long, not too long but with slight waves framing the face.Bangs also help....Both of these women I believe have had a facelift, but this is what all plastic surgeons strive to give their patients, a natural look ....and to turn the clock back 10 to 15 yrs.Believe me...they have had lasers, fillers and surgery, you dont look like that without surgery.Try googling a current photo of Bridgette Bardot...she has never had plastic surgery and god she shows it, she is a mess.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Believe me...they have had lasers, fillers and surgery, you dont look like that without surgery.Try googling a current photo of Bridgette Bardot...she has never had plastic surgery and god she shows it, she is a mess.

Absolutely! Depressingly, the ageing process is just about the body slowly decaying - it happens to us all and is inevitable. You don't get to look like Jacqueline Smith in your 60s without cosmetic intervention.

There's an interesting article in this month's Australian Harper's Bazaar about what celebrities have done to their skin - and, of course, it lists all the usual treatments like Fraxel, RF, IPL etc. etc. They estimate that they would spend $25,000 p.a. or more on just these types of treatments. And they have the money to continually have them done - I read in another article that Ellen Bursten (she's looking well preserved too) has four Thermage treatments a year. But as I said above, I think injections of vitamins, hormones and whatever else plays a huge part in addition to the surgery. And let's not forget Botox - it can do wonders if it's injected all over the face and neck - frequently!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I once saw a picture of a 65ish looking lady who had botox injected all over her face.The before and after was astounding!Her cheeks were really wrinkled before.....botox took 20 yrs of her face...can you imagine if she met some young dude and got married and then couldnt afford the botox and in 3 months she ages 20 yrs in front of the stunned husband!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Try googling a current photo of Bridgette Bardot...she has never had plastic surgery and god she shows it, she is a mess.

Wow, I just did this. I was shocked to see what she looks like now.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I once saw a picture of a 65ish looking lady who had botox injected all over her face.The before and after was astounding!Her cheeks were really wrinkled before.....botox took 20 yrs of her face...can you imagine if she met some young dude and got married and then couldnt afford the botox and in 3 months she ages 20 yrs in front of the stunned husband!

The last time I went to the clinic to get Botox in my 11s I commented on how great the nurse's skin was (she was about my age). She said, "That's because my face is absolutely full of Botox!"

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
well, most of us only think botox is used on the face for crows feet and forehead...but it can be used all over the face(scary huh...if you get paralyzed in the wrong place).Some drs also use it to sometimes permanently change the shape of a face: the dreaded asian square jar syndrome(I have that) they can make your face appear more oval with botox injected in the jawline, sometimes even giving a permanent result.There are even some drs that use it to make your facial pores look smaller!Its all about how much $$$ you have!
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I think that she is more and more beautiful

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
Try googling a current photo of Bridgette Bardot...she has never had plastic surgery and god she shows it, she is a mess.

Wow, I just did this. I was shocked to see what she looks like now.

Bridgette Bardot is the sad and classic example of being a long time sun worshipper.
On the other hand you have to give her credit- at least she isn't full of plastic and botox and trying to pretend she isn't....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Bridgette Bardot is the sad and classic example of being a long time sun worshipper.
On the other hand you have to give her credit- at least she isn't full of plastic and botox and trying to pretend she isn't....

Do you think her damage was all sun related?

I agree, you have to give her credit for not going the other route - maybe she feels that looks are not everything and is happy with herself the way she is?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
She looks like a typical 75 year old to me. I think we aren't used to seeing celebrities look 'typical'. I admit it was a shock to see her but, looking around, many 'normals' her age look like that. Now where'd I put that dang sunblock? Rolling Eyes I'm slathering....
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Shock Shock Shock

Just can't believe she is over 60!

I admit that in my family we have a pretty good gene that keeps everybody younger then he/she should look like, but, but, but, still....Jacklyn is way toooo far from normal people....

It's just amazing to know her secret!
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
To me, Jennifer Aniston is definitely looking very young and stunning for the age of 40.

I guess most of you probably haven't heard of her, but one of my favorite Asian actress, Cherie Chung, looks incredibly young and sexy approaching the age of 50... You can check out the photo shooting video she did for Elle magazine lately.

http://campaign.elle.com.hk/reenex/20090622/
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |