Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Perfect Skin Supplement by Genuine Health
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Viola

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello friends,

This review is on the "Perfect Skin" supplement by Genuine Health.

A little background information:

Perfect Skin

Get clear, acne-free and blemish-free skin from the inside out – naturally.

Based on leading skin care research and developed in-conjunction with a leading naturopathic doctor and dermatologist, perfect skin contains natural proven ingredients including o3mega-EPA concentrate, green tea extract, Zinc and Chromium, to target the main causes of acne and problem skin.

Results you can expect with perfect skin include:

• Reduced acne lesion and blackhead/blemish count

• Reduced inflammation of acne lesions and blackheads/blemishes

• Decreased sebum production, follicle blockage

• Normalized structure, size and function of pores

• Increased resilience to stress and regulation of mood

Unlike topical acne products or medications which provide short term relief and leave your skin dry and dehydrated, while accelerating the aging process, perfect skin works from the inside out for the healthiest, most effective results in as little as 4 weeks.

Directions:

Take two (2) softgels twice daily with food.

Ingredients:

o3mega EPA concentrate: Derived from wild fish oils, this Omega-3 fatty acid is well-documented for its anti-inflammatory properties, including its ability to inhibit sebum production.

EGCG from green tea extract: A natural antioxidant with proven anti-inflammatory properties. Decreases oxidative stress and helps improve Zinc and Selenium status.

Zinc: An important antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrient, particularly during periods of stress. Studies show acne sufferers are often Zinc-deficient. (Dreno, et al. Acta Derm Venereol 1989)

Vitamin E, Selenium: Required for proper glutathione peroxidase activity (antioxidant enzyme). Studies show levels are often low in acne sufferers and oral supplementation is proven to improve acne severity. (Micaelsson. Acta Derm Venereol 1990)

Chromium: Required for proper control of blood sugar levels, often higher in acne sufferers. Research has shown improvement in acne with oral chromium supplementation. (Cordain. Semin Cutan Med Surg 2005)

Source: Genuine Health website

Review:

I have to admit, I was extremely skeptical about this supplement. I kept on seeing it advertised in health magazines and just thought it was another one of those miracle solutions that promises to clear up your skin.

Well about 4 weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to try a natural supplement in place of the antibiotics my doctor had prescribed for my skin. In a moment of weakness and frustration, I raced over to the nearest natural food store to purchase a bottle.

I have currently been on Perfect Skin for about 4 weeks and I have to say that it has definitely lived up to its claim. My skin has almost completely cleared up and is starting to have a glow once again. Also, I have not changed my skin care routine at all in the past 2 months.

In Conclusion, I definitely recommend this supplement. In the first few weeks I did not notice any significant changes in my skin, however as soon as the 3rd week rolled around I really started to notice the results.

A 120 cap bottle of perfect skin runs for about $35-$40 depending on where you purchase it.

Hope this helps, and if you have any further questions please feel free to message me Smile

Cheers!

Viola
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I can tell you first hand that it does work. You have to give it time. My son is 16. He was breaking out badly. I felt so sorry for him. It jut won't go away. It was scarring his face. I read the book Clear Skin and it mention about cutting out dairy and sugar. He stopped drinking milk though he still eats sweets. He started taking the Perfect skin supplement and after about 2 months now, he skin has cleared up a lot. He is still getting some acne but I say it has improved, I would say by 80%. He is still taking Perfect skin and I think that this is what has helped him.
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I think it must be the zinc. If you go over to the acne.org boards a lot of the posters reviewed just adding zinc supplements and having their really skin turn around. I just started my son on zinc so we'll se how it goes.
iregal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
i started taking a zinc supplement about a year ago and i do notice a big difference in my skin. I get alot less inflammation and breakout compared to what i used to have.
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
For those of you taking Zinc, how much do you take daily?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
i take two 15mg zinc picolinate capsules daily.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Everyone - I have a 13 year old and can usse this advice soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:59 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks Everyone - I have a 13 year old and can usse this advice soon.

Most posters take between 50-100 mg. You have to worry about long term copper and iron deficiencies if you take too much for too long.

You can read the reviews here:

http://www.acne.org/zinc-reviews/200/page1.html

If I'm not allowed to post links just google the words, acne org zinc reviews, and it will pop up.
ajhounsell

Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I have been having acne troubles on my neck and back now for some while. I have tried many different things to try and clear it up, I have taken precription medications from my doctor, tried Pro-activ and many others but nothing seems to work. I have been giving serious thought about trying the perfect skin supplement by Genuine Health but through some research I have done online I've been caught between mixed reviews of the product. Some are saying that they are experiencing other break outs in areas that they didn't originally have acne, rashes, tingling of the skin and so on. If I could get a honest response from someone who has used this product I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried it. My skin seemed to benefit but my results weren't as dramatic as my friends (she turned me on to the product). She suffered from stress out breaks but the Perfect Skin helped her sooo much. it was quite incredible. I would say try it. It's a $30 or so investment but if it helps it is surely worth it.
Vancouver girls I think your best bet is Quidditas on Commercial Drive. I've looked around and the price is lower than Shoppers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had upset stomach/intestinal issues from increasing their zinc?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR i have had no problems from upping my intake of zinc. i did get professional advice re the dosage though from a naturopath, so perhaps seek guidance on the amount thats right for you.
Tiffany121
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
is there any side effects?? Question
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if one would have to consume it long term to continue to enjoy the benefits. Would the acne return when one stops taking the supplement?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
For those of you taking Zinc, how much do you take daily?

I take 30 mg of opti-zinc twice a day.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who are taking this product, do you do so primarily for acne reasons? Does anyone take it to help control oily skin? I don't have a lot of break outs, but my skin is still incredibly oily and am just wondering if it would be helpful? Any thoughts??? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
For those of you who are taking this product, do you do so primarily for acne reasons? Does anyone take it to help control oily skin? I don't have a lot of break outs, but my skin is still incredibly oily and am just wondering if it would be helpful? Any thoughts??? Thanks!

I found higher does of B5 (when I was doing this for acne) really reduced the oil on my skin.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girliegirl,
So, did you just purchase a B-5 supplement/vitamin? I don't have break outs any longer, but my skin is still so oily during the day. Glowing skin is one thing, but shiny skin is another! Thanks!

5% products discount

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
You can try the Omega Glow or the Multi Glow for oilness these two formulas not only help reduce acne but help on other things to
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, icyj. I'll keep that in mind too. It seems to me that many skin care companies make assumptions. Ex. Mature skin = dehydrated skin
or Oily skin = acne prone skin

The fact is: I've got mature, oily skin and it's hard to find products that adress this!

So, thanks for the advice on supplements! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Girliegirl,
So, did you just purchase a B-5 supplement/vitamin? I don't have break outs any longer, but my skin is still so oily during the day. Glowing skin is one thing, but shiny skin is another! Thanks!

No,I did the B5 things years ago.
Viola

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

So it's been almost 3 months since I posted this review and I thought I'd give you all an update:

1) I stopped using Perfect skin because my skin relapsed and started breaking out again.

2) I was getting headaches which I later found out was due to the amount of Chromium in the supplement. I guess some people are more sensitive to it?

3) I found that a regular omega 3-6-9 supplement was more beneficial to my skin, not to mention a lot less expensive.

Overall I was disappointed with my short-lived results (about 2.5 months of clear skin) and after a year of trying to clear my skin naturally I am probably going to look into accutane in the near future...

Also: I'm a student and spending over $80 a month on natural supplements is crazy.

I sure hope that other people have had more luck with this product.

Cheers!

Viola
SKYDAGZ
5% products discount

Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a few friends try it out with little or no results. Maybe it lacks essential ingredients.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Viola, accutane can be pretty harsh. I've heard women need to do blood tests every month because it would be very bad to take while pregnant.
I went on minocyclin when I had a baad breakout. You might want to ask your doc about some kind of anti-biotic. I find dairy triggers acne in me. You may want to see if you have any food sensitivities. Good luck acne is tough I know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Also you can get a lot of supplements cheaper on iherb (if you didn't already know). Might cut some of those costs for you. The price difference between iherb and whole food is like a mark up of 50% !!! Crazy I know!

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |