Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-wrinkle cream for a 20 year old?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Does a 20 year old need a anti-wrinkle cream? Although, I'm using a sunscreen at least one time per day I keep getting wrinkles. Btw, my skin is pretty light which is probably one of the reasons why I get wrinkles easy Razz

This is the anti-wrinkle cream I'm thinking about:

http://www.eucerin.co.uk/sensitive_skin_face_care/q10_active.asp
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:
Does a 20 year old need a anti-wrinkle cream? Although, I'm using a sunscreen at least one time per day I keep getting wrinkles. Btw, my skin is pretty light which is probably one of the reasons why I get wrinkles easy Razz

Looks like a good product. At 20, I would assume your CoQ10 level is at optimum. You could try an OTC retinol.

I'm sure some of the brilliant ladies, here, will chime in with some solutions, Barksdale. Smile
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, but retinol's are not intended for 20 year olds;)
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:

Opps, I didn't know that.My dermatologist prescribed a low potency Retin-a for me at 25 for acne. I honestly think that helped keep lines and wrinkles away.

Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think prescribing retinols for acne is perfectly ok for someone in their 20's and if a "side effect" is less wrinkles -- so be it!! Just remember to ALWAYS apply sunscreen daily and more frequently if necessary. Wish I'd listened to my derm about that 20t years ago!!

By the way: Barksdale, I really like Eucerin products. They are quite affordable and appropriate for a broad range of individuals! Smile

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I'm glad that I saw this post. I'm 17 and I've been thinking of swapping my nightly moisturizer for something with retinol. I'll be eyeing this thread instead of starting a new one. Smile
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
The Eucerin Q10 cream is yummy. It looks and smells like butter, and it's nice and hefty. You can feel it sitting on your face doing its job.

I don't know that I would have tried it when I was 20 because I would have worried about it causing breakouts. In fact, I hold it responsible for a few zits I got when I used it a few months ago. But I was sorry it didn't work out for me because I loved the texture and the fragrance. I don't think it had any effect on lines, but my skin is pretty thick.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:

this isn't true! in fact, using retinol at this age will make you look stunning when you are 40.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Do you consider some organic products? I think such as Athanor Edelweiss Anti-aging serum maybe good for you.

You are so young, I will not suggest any "strong" ingredents for anti-aging.
yyazj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
20 years old? You are young! I am 24 years old , I use DHC olive oil every day.But it seems have do a little work to wrinkles Sad
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Yeah that's right I'm only 20 Very Happy However, when I look at my face in the morning I see wrinkles. Even though I'm using a SS at least once a day. I'm also using a Murad supplement and a Heliocare supplement to protect against the sun.
yanzhu
5% products discount

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:53 am      Reply with quote
one says girls need to take care of their face when they are little girls,others say after 25 years old you need do this thing.
It's depend on your own case.but maybe when the wrinkle is lighter,it is easy to move~~
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
What about AHA's? Should I 20 year old guy try it?
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
It might just be genetics = /
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
It might just be genetics = /

I don't really think so..Both my mom and dad look their age even though they've had a lot of sun exposure..
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:

Your sun screen is all you need and remember there is NOTHING that will get rid of wrinkling. NOTHING. If you're not using at least 1 teaspoon full on your face and neck, you're not putting enough on.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Barksdale, I wouldn't get on the AHA bandwagon at such a young age. In your 20's your skin should be doing it's own great job of exfoliation and skin replacement. IF you have acne breakouts a mild OTC salicylic Acid is enough.. Sunscreen a must

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Barksdale wrote:

Your sun screen is all you need and remember there is NOTHING that will get rid of wrinkling. NOTHING. If you're not using at least 1 teaspoon full on your face and neck, you're not putting enough on.

I agree about the sunscreen, but wouldn't a moisturizer be great too? My skin is pretty dry. A vitamin C serum + facial exercises would probably be beneficial too.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Cold Pressed Avocado Oil applied sparingly a.m. + p.m. is all your skin needs to thrive. (And of course sunscreen.. Cool )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
TaishaCook

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
if you have been noticing some fine lines on your face, you can probably use an anti-wrinkle cream. i started noticing fine lines when i was 26. i'm using NeuCell anti-wrinkle cream up to now. research also for some preventive measures so as not to aggravate the lines.
karluurb

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
It all depend on the skin of every individual, some may require a anti-aging cream some not.Its not necessary for every one in age group of 20.
azwildcats7
5% products discount

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to take a look at the MyFacePillow. The MyFacePillow prevents your face from being smashed into the pillow at night in order to prevent wrinkles from forming.
Here is the website, http://www.myfacepillow.com/
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm 25 and I have wrinkle to, I use a Garnier cream whit retinol and it does not seems to work at all Crying or Very sad
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using retin-a since my early 20s, I'm wrinkle free in my 30s. I'm extremely fair skinned also. I started using it for acne, OTC salicylic acid is absolutely not an option for me. I think we can begin products at any age if they are appropriate for our skin type and condition. Lifestyle choices, genetics, whatever are what makes our skin old, not our physical age.

Make sure you aren't dehydrated, rule this out first. Up your water intake, start repairing the moisture barrier of your skin. I went through a period in my mid 20s where i had a couple of forehead lines. I was chronically dehydrated from a job that never let me sit down and drink.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 28 (though most people say I look like I'm 23) and I'm starting to see fine lines and deeper set of smile lines around my mouth. Wanted to up my skincare routine to incorporate anti-aging products. Sadly, when I introduced Vit C, it clogged my pores instead.
I think I tried retinol (Dufferine) and it irritated my skin.
Any suggestions on how I can reduce my fine lines without using retinol for an acne prone skin person?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |