Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Night Sweats
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
My cousin is going through menopause and is having severe night sweats and insomnia. Does anyone know of any supplements ect. that could help her with this? She wakes up drenched every night and she is becoming extremely depressed.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've been going through this for the past year or so. Evening primrose oil has been working for me. I tried taking one at night, which helped, but I found I was still waking up at night. So now I take one in the am, one in the pm, and I sleep throughout the night!

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Evening-Primrose-Oil-500-mg-300-Softgels

My sister has had good results with ground flaxseed, two tablespoons in a small glass of milk, taken daily. If you use flaxseed, make sure to take the GOLDEN one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Schiff Knock Out and Estroven Maximum Strength works for me. My night sweats are getting better and can sleep for few hours at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ceiling Fan!!

Moisture wicking sleep wear:

http://www.coolsets.com/wicking-j-sleepwear

http://www.serenecomfort.com/Wicking-Sleepwear-C16.aspx

http://www.lunarradiance.com/catalog/Wicking_Nightgowns-3-1.html

moisture wicking pillowcase

http://www.dreamsoftbedware.com/nimowipi.html

http://www.drinights.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY%26Category_Code=Pillow

There is an entire world of menopausal products
out there!!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
ooh, millblader, nice products! Lemme go get my credit card.... Bad Grin Embarassed Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone, I am going to pass this thread on to her.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
All the supplements never did much for me, so I'm moving on to Chinese herbs. Here is one that I chose:
http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=021

Has anyone used anything like this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
There are several things available that your sister could discuss with her OBGYN:

- Tibolone
- SSRIs
- Gabapentin

HTH!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't have night sweets but Andrew Lessman's Women's Wellness over at HSN helped with hot flashes. There is a 30 day money back guarentee, and you should be able to tell within thirty days whether or not it is helping.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Sage tea - strong sage tea preferably made with fresh sage instead of dried can help with night sweats. Use about 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh sage per cup of hot water and steep for several hours, in a thermos if possible. It can be drunk hot or cold and has a fairly inoffensive flavour. I am perimenopausal and began having night sweats and erratic periods around a year ago. I found using sage tea about 4 days a week really dried them up. Have to say my night sweats were only fairly mild. I wasn't waking up drenched in sweat, just the neck and chest. The tea may not work as well with really heavy night sweats but any relief is better than none, particulary with something cheap and easily available.

Please note - essential oil of sage won't do, it has to be the whole herb.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:
Didn't have night sweets but Andrew Lessman's Women's Wellness over at HSN helped with hot flashes. There is a 30 day money back guarentee, and you should be able to tell within thirty days whether or not it is helping.

I love his vitamins and they are made about 5 mile from me... Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |