Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
I have one eye bigger than the other...can botox help??????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sexywahine

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have read some earlier posts about asymmetry of the eyes. I am highly concerned as one eye is bigger than the other and I am seeming to notice it more and more lately. I have had botox on my crows feet and I just had some the other day on my frown lines to help give my eyes some lift to make them look even but I am not seeing much of a difference and this was over a week ago.

The doc said she didn't use that much so I am considering going back for a touch up but do you think botox can actually help. My other concern is that now my eyebrows don't seem even so I am going to have to have that fixed. I am kind of regretting having the botox injected into my frown lines cos my eyebrows were ok before then but since they are not even especially when I try to make facial expressions one eyebrow raises more than the other this has just created more of a problem for me and something else to be paranoid about. I do notice that most other peoples' eyes are not even but I just feel like mine is so noticeable and I hate it.

I just want to know if botox can help??????

Your help is greatly appreciated
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe people have had success with Botox making their eyes a little larger, but for me, it went the other way. I raise one brow higher than the other and my doctor didn't realize that. Therefore my one eye is now a tiny bit *smaller* than the other. It's not droop and with a little brightening eye shadow, apparently not noticeable to anyone but me (I asked quite a few people!), but if I go back, he will need to adjust his technique because I have that habit of being able to raise my left brow much higher than my right.

Just something to be aware of. You should go for a consultation, but definitely make sure it's with a very skilled practitioner.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:52 am      Reply with quote
First of all, it takes a full two weeks before the final results of the Botox can be seen. However, if you are unhappy with the results, definitely go back to the clinic. Depending on where the Botox is injected, it can effect the eyebrows - you should not have to put up with any unevenness.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion, it is hard to change the situation by using the skin care products...

Good make up may help....
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Geez, I'm sorry that I didn't see the part that you already had it. I guess I was zonked last night.

Yeah, I think you should go back if you're not happy with your results. I went back to my doctor to show him how the one eye is smaller and while he didn't do a touch up, he said next time he'll know how to compensate for the one brow lifting higher than the other.

Try some pastel shadows on the inner corner of your eye to help open up the area. It might make your smaller eye look a bit larger.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
The very first time I had botox for my 11's that happened to my eyebrows. I went back in and he added a unit to relax one side more and make it perfect.
Most people do have one eye slightly larger than the other. I do and i gave had upper and lower blephs. It's barely noticeable by anyone but me. I do compensate by using eyeshadow and such. I also notice that some days due to allergies it's more than the other. Most days it is perfectly even. That's why the surgeon said it is nearly impossible to get perfect. I try to sleep elevated and on my back as that helps as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
hi sexywahine,

I had the exact same issue with my eyes and I used to think that upper bleph might be the only way to help with the problem.

But when I start to do the Ageless program as recommended here in EDS early this year, I started to see some changes in the asymmetry after two months or so. And now after six months of doing the program, the asymmetry is barely noticeable to anyone. Apart from the rectification of the eyes, my cheeks also look more lifted and my jaws become more defined. Overall, I'm more than pleased with the results. And now I definitely believe there is a way to rectify the asymmetry issue naturally other than going under the knife or injecting botox.

I had recently posted a pic of my progress at the Ageless forum. (page 74) You can go check it out if you are interested.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=1825
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:51 am      Reply with quote
That's funny, I have had the same issue and I thought I was the only one - well you do, don't you!

I have slightly almond shaped eyes but I am English, which makes me look foreign, which is a good thing! One eye is slightly more almond shaped than the other but with makeup you can never tell. I spent a good few months obsessed with this but eventually decided there is more to life than worrying about a tiny detail only I could see and decided to move on to another issue instead lol Laughing

Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Do you think I should go back to the same Dr. or see a different. The Dr. I usually go to is on vacation for another week and a half and I am not sure if I want to wait that long. I have also noticed that the eye that I wanted to be more open and even seems to be smaller now. This is the second time I have asked her to do try and make it more even but it's just not right. Her prices are pretty good but I think i'd rather pay a little more at the Dr. I used to see and get the results I want.

My only concern is that she knows where she injected the Botox on my last visit and if I go to another Dr. I don't want them to mess it up even more but I want it fixed : ( also now one eyebrow is uneven and it wasn't like that before.

I look forward to reply ; )

TheBaroness wrote:
Geez, I'm sorry that I didn't see the part that you already had it. I guess I was zonked last night.

Yeah, I think you should go back if you're not happy with your results. I went back to my doctor to show him how the one eye is smaller and while he didn't do a touch up, he said next time he'll know how to compensate for the one brow lifting higher than the other.

Try some pastel shadows on the inner corner of your eye to help open up the area. It might make your smaller eye look a bit larger.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Well, if you had a doctor you were really pleased with before, it wouldn't hurt to go and talk to him and see what he says. He may not want to do anything because like you said, the other woman knows exactly where she injected you, but I can't see a problem in just talking to your other doctor.

You may have to just wait it out though. That's what I have to do. I saw my doctor last week to discuss this issue and he told me to buy a certain kind of eye drop, but didn't offer to fix it with more Botox. So, I'm still trying to decide if I ever want to do Botox again. He knows exactly what the issue is (I raise my one brow much higher than the other) and will compensate for it, but it just seems so tricky to get right. My doctor is excellent, too, so I think it's just my reaction to it.

If it will ease your mind, call your other doctor for an appointment just to talk to him. It can't hurt.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |