Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
fight against constipation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
starxiao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing

essential oils are great

i have the constipation problem due to my poor stomach

however, recently when I begin to explore the essential oils for skin care, i DIY a anti-constipation formula with 28ml jojoba and 2ml evening primrose and then apply 3D marjoram,2D chomolie rome,2D rosemary

and massage your stomach with 4D per time morning before u get up and night before you sleep

i've used for more than one week, and it works really well for me

if you have any constipation ,just try, i don't think it will disappoint you
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:33 am      Reply with quote
lol i just drink 2 cups of organic pure prune juice,, then im sure to head to the toilet after that ! haha
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
You know, I have twins. They are 4 y/o, and one eats WAY more fruits and veges than the other. You would NOT believe what comes out of this child's Body... DAILY! You would swear that it was work left behind by a VERY LARGE adult male. His little body is so efficient. He's in and out of the bathroom in minutes.

If you can: Oils are great. Get them naturally from foods with fiber like 1/2 avocado daily. Add green smoothies. Fruit and vege fiber with lots of water SHOULD do the trick. And not only will things move smoothly, but your skin will become gorgeous!

The favorite smoothie recipe in our house: Loosly packed blender with baby organic spinich. Spin until liquid with water, one banana, and whole small orange (no peels). Add frozen pineapple, mango, and peach, and acai berry (powder is cheaper than frozen). (if you're on any heart meds... NO pineapple until you've talked to a dr.) If no children will be drinking your smoothie Add a shot of Omega oil. (servings are different for children and adults!)

Get creative with your favorite fruits and veges!

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
DIAGNOSED WITH OSTEOPOROSIS AND TAKE CALCIUM, VITAMIN D3, VITAMIN K AND SEVERAL TRACE MINERALS. CONSTIPATION HAS ALWAYS BEEN WITH ME. HOWEVER WHEN THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO TAKE MAGNESIUM DAILY FOR MY BONES--CONSTIPATION WENT AWAY.

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for my post all in capital letters. Don't mean to shout-just forgot my manners.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Oils are helpful, and yes the prune jucie is great. A high fiber diet really moves things along. My latest addition is oat bran ceral I buy from Trader Joe's, but you can buy it anywhere. Just make with hot water, it's also good for cholesterol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Please tell me that you HAVEEE tried the Castor Oil?

That is such a simple holistic solution.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Castor Oil, is a fine "occasional" remedy. But it even says on the bottle not to exceed I think 2 weeks... as your body becomes dependent on it as a laxative. I imagine that since you have some sort of stomach problem, this is a constant situation. Are their certain foods you are unable to eat because of this condition?

Seriously, though, the body does DEPEND on your ingesting SOMETHING to push everything through. And it should be a food source. HIGH FIBER. I promise you, if you are able to increase your fiber intake through fruit and veges, and I highly recommend a blender to do this... Then not only will you clean yourself out, but you'll have more nutrient in your body, and all of your organs, including your largest (skin) will be the better off for it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
For all those with constipation problems...

a. What kind of cereal do you eat every day?

b. How many veggies do you eat per day and which kind?

In my experience, since I started taking Fiber1 (the regular type, not the "honey clusters" and what not), and changed my diet so that I eat mostly vegetables (and drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day) I have not had absolutely any problems at all... in fact, I "use the washroom" more than once per day.

If well all eat healthy and lots of fiber (through veggies, beans, lentils, etc.) then 97% of us wouldn't have any problems with constipation (I know... easier said than done!).

BTW, one should start adding fiber not at once (or if it's all at once, just be ready to feel a little bloated and weird the first couple of weeks).

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
For all those with constipation problems...

a. What kind of cereal do you eat every day?

b. How many veggies do you eat per day and which kind?

In my experience, since I started taking Fiber1 (the regular type, not the "honey clusters" and what not), and changed my diet so that I eat mostly vegetables (and drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day) I have not had absolutely any problems at all... in fact, I "use the washroom" more than once per day.

If well all eat healthy and lots of fiber (through veggies, beans, lentils, etc.) then 97% of us wouldn't have any problems with constipation (I know... easier said than done!).

BTW, one should start adding fiber not at once (or if it's all at once, just be ready to feel a little bloated and weird the first couple of weeks).

Do you think a gluten intolerance could cause chronic constipation? I've suffered from chronic chronic constipation since I was a child, no matter how much fruit, vegetables, and fiber I eat. I am now strongly suspecting that I may have a gluten intolerance.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I would think a gluten intolerance would cause some major issues. Even if technically minor. And if you're eating gluten, then yeah... I would venture to guess that all systems are not a go...

If you suspect gluten, you might consider getting tested. (Celiac disease is the issue at hand) Or, you could just change your diet...

Josee... excellent call on not going all at once on fiber. That can definitely become uncomfy FAST. And also the water. Your body needs it to absorb to make things soft.

Do you think it comes from changing a monster load of diapers over the years that makes talking about poop totally normal?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Every so often I'll do a cleanse with Sonne's #7 and Sonne's #9. One is very finely ground psyllium, and the other is liquid bentonite clay. You mix them with water and drink it before bed and in the morning. The clay detoxifies and the psyllium is fiber to keep things moving. I think of it like a clay mask and a scrub for my intestines. After a couple weeks of this (eating regular meals during the detox) I always feel much more healthy. My whole body and skin feels much more clear, and am more regular for a while.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Triphila is a supplement you can get at the health food store and will keep you "regular." I'm going to get some today since I recently stpped drinking coffee and wow! that really slowed down the process of elimation. Tea just doesn't do it the same way.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Josee... excellent call on not going all at once on fiber. That can definitely become uncomfy FAST. And also the water. Your body needs it to absorb to make things soft.

I've seen a lot of people get discouraged on a high-fiber diet after the increased their fiber-content at once and then got all bloated.

In addition because they didn't end up drinking enough water for all that extra fiber... they got constipated! This is especially important for people that take "dry" fibers or fiber supplements since these have no water(usually veggies have a decent amount of water in them so they are less likely to cause constipation)

I think having babies makes you immune to poop talk, along with all kinds of other body fluids!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:

Do you think a gluten intolerance could cause chronic constipation? I've suffered from chronic chronic constipation since I was a child, no matter how much fruit, vegetables, and fiber I eat. I am now strongly suspecting that I may have a gluten intolerance.

Coconut wrote:

Gluten intolerance usually has other symptoms besides constipation but it could still be (and you know your body better than anyone else!). So if you're suspecting it you could get tested, and in the meantime try a week of gluten-free diet and see how it works.

Some people also get constipated due to lots of carbs, little water, or other dietary glitches. If you want (and have time) you can post for eg. everything you ate yesterday (and the day before) and we can advise!

For e.g. this is what I ate yesterday (as an example of high fiber diet):

Breakfast

One cup of skim milk + 100 ml of Almond milk with coffee (no sugar)

A smoothie made of: 1 cup of strawberries, 1 beet, 1 carrot, 1/2 cup of Fiber one Cereal, 1/2 cup of HiLo cereal, 150 ml Almond milk and water.

That already has 27 grs of fiber (the daily minimum recommended is 25-35)

Lunch

Pasta salad made with: Low-carb/High-fiber pasta (this was a GREAT discovery I made, a serving has only 130 calories, 1 grs of fat and 18 grs of fiber), sundried tomatoes, tomatoes, basil, low-fat/low-sodium feta cheese, and olive oil

Piece of watermelon

Dinner

A "stew" made of: eggplants, celery, zucchini, onion, peppers, lentils, and tempeh (this is a fermented soy-based protein).

A low-carb/high-fiber bagel (another GREAT discovery, it has 90 calories, one gram of fat, and 16 grs. of fiber!), with a little bit of baba ganoush and a little bit of fat-free philly cheese.

Another piece of watermelon

Snacks
An apple
Celery
Half a cucumber
A high-fiber tortilla (12 grs of fiber)

Without counting all the veggies and just counting the breakfast, pasta alone, bagel and tortilla I'm already up to 73 grs Smile

HTH!

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I also have this problem chronically and I find Tiger Balm works well to ease the cramps. I apply it in a clockwise direction on my stomach and once most of the ointment has absorbed, I put a hot water bottle on top for 20 mins or so. I think the weight of the hot water bottle helps too.

I'm one of those people who detest eating vegetables, and I'm constantly trying to find ways to ingest more fiber without feeling like I want to gag! I don't own a blender, but I have a juice extractor. Would this work as well? I am slightly worried about eating too much fruit as the sugar content is quite high..

And out of convenience, I usually boil a bunch of corn cobs and keep them in the fridge. I eat about 1-2 a day. Is that enough fiber?

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been very bad about not getting enough green veggies because I simply don't like them. I am a meat and potatoes girl....well I have turned over a new leaf. I now make daily smoothies and get all the good green veggies and actually love the smoothie. My secret is adding stevia and an apples to the blend. Years before I juiced and it was messy and didn't do much for fiber. My smoothies have mainly veggies and and apples to alter the taste of greens. You get all the nutrition plus fiber and elimination is a breeze. I used to have chronic constipation...not any longer Laughing I got a L equip blender for about 89.00 and it works beautifully. I would have liked to have gotten a vitamix or healthmaster but didn't want to spend the bucks until I knew I would keep it up. I am totally satisfied with my blender and I am sure this is about the best move I could make for my health. I add flaxseed oil in also.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:

I'm one of those people who detest eating vegetables, and I'm constantly trying to find ways to ingest more fiber without feeling like I want to gag! I don't own a blender, but I have a juice extractor. Would this work as well? I am slightly worried about eating too much fruit as the sugar content is quite high..

And out of convenience, I usually boil a bunch of corn cobs and keep them in the fridge. I eat about 1-2 a day. Is that enough fiber?

fat_swan wrote:

Hey fat_swam,
Unfortunately, a juice extrator won't do because the juice extractor extracts de juice and leaves the fibre out. Sad

Do all veggies in any form and shape and recipe make you gag? There has to be a way!! If you want tell us a little more what is about veggies that you don't like, if there's any way in which you like them, and maybe we can come up with recipe suggestions Smile

Eating at least 5-6 servings of vegetables per day is really essential for a healthy diet, not only because of the fiber, but because of all the vitamins and minerals they have. There is absolutely no "multivitamin" pill that can make up for that.

1-2 corn cobs per day are definitely not enough Sad One 5.5 inch corn cob has aproximately 7 grs. of fiber. So even if you eat 2 , it won't be enough.

If you don't eat veggies, a blender could be a great investment. If you'd rather not buy a new one, many times on craigslist people either give their old blenders away or sell them for very little money. And then you can go crazy. I put sprouts, spinach, beets, you name it on my morning smoothie! And usually the strawberries or the banana (or the protein powder I sometimes put) mask the flavor of everything. So that might work for you.

There are ways to "ramp up" your fiber intake. For e.g.

a. High fiber cereal. A serving of "Fiber one" cereal will give you 12-14 grs of fiber

b. There is a powder that's called "Bene fiber" (but there are other brands) which is an odorless, flavorless fiber powder. You can add Bene fiber to anything, to any recipe, food, drink... anything, and with that you can raise your fiber consumption

c. There are some low-carb/high-fiber "breads" that can help you up your consumption. In my previous post I mentioned that I sometimes eat bagels, and the bagels I buy have 16 grs. of fiber, which is a lot. Or I sometimes make myself tortilla wraps, and the tortillas I use have 12 grs of fiber.

d. You can also buy those metamucil wafers, or metamucil powder, etc, etc.

Just be very careful that when you eat "dry fiber" (i.e. cereal, metamucil, benefiber, the bagels or tortillas), you really need to drink lots of water... nothing less than 1.5 lt per day will do. This is because fiber needs water to be "soft" or else you will have a hard rock on your intestines which will not only painful, generate more gas, but also make you constipated!

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your quick replies, ladies!

Toby- Yeah I'm totally the meat and white bread kinda gal Laughing! What is stevia and where can I buy it to try? I was unaware that you can blend apples hmm since they seem to me rather solid... I also take about 50ml of flax seed oil a day, but I was unaware it has fiber! I take it for the essential fatty acids Laughing

Josee- I actually have a food chopper with a "hand blender" attachment. Would that work? Ideally I hope to drink all the fiber I need in 1-2 glasses and just forget about it the rest of the day Laughing . Any recipes you can give me would be much appreciated, thanks!

I don't hate ALL veggies, I just really don't like them.... For example, I can eat about 1/2 a salad when it's drowning in a TON of dressing, but I don't do this very often because I always think the fibers cannot justify the calories!! As you can tell, I'm also perpetually trying to lose weight.. I don't know the names of many vegetable since I don't eat them much, so I can't really tell you what I like or don't like. I sometimes boil cabbage and other leafy veggies in chicken or pork stock, but I can only swallow about 1-2 cups worth (without the soup) at a time. I can also eat small amounts of Chinese "choi sum". I like bland vegetables, so things like spinich smell too strong for me.

How many grams of fiber are there in 1 serving? I do try to take Benefiber chewable tablets daily, but still sometimes I can go for days with no "elimination"! And I generally aim for 2 litres of water a day and that doesn't help so much either.. Mad

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
Coconut wrote:

Coconut wrote:

Gluten intolerance usually has other symptoms besides constipation but it could still be (and you know your body better than anyone else!). So if you're suspecting it you could get tested, and in the meantime try a week of gluten-free diet and see how it works.

Some people also get constipated due to lots of carbs, little water, or other dietary glitches. If you want (and have time) you can post for eg. everything you ate yesterday (and the day before) and we can advise!

For e.g. this is what I ate yesterday (as an example of high fiber diet):

Breakfast

One cup of skim milk + 100 ml of Almond milk with coffee (no sugar)

A smoothie made of: 1 cup of strawberries, 1 beet, 1 carrot, 1/2 cup of Fiber one Cereal, 1/2 cup of HiLo cereal, 150 ml Almond milk and water.

That already has 27 grs of fiber (the daily minimum recommended is 25-35)

Lunch

Pasta salad made with: Low-carb/High-fiber pasta (this was a GREAT discovery I made, a serving has only 130 calories, 1 grs of fat and 18 grs of fiber), sundried tomatoes, tomatoes, basil, low-fat/low-sodium feta cheese, and olive oil

Piece of watermelon

Dinner

A "stew" made of: eggplants, celery, zucchini, onion, peppers, lentils, and tempeh (this is a fermented soy-based protein).

A low-carb/high-fiber bagel (another GREAT discovery, it has 90 calories, one gram of fat, and 16 grs. of fiber!), with a little bit of baba ganoush and a little bit of fat-free philly cheese.

Another piece of watermelon

Snacks
An apple
Celery
Half a cucumber
A high-fiber tortilla (12 grs of fiber)

Without counting all the veggies and just counting the breakfast, pasta alone, bagel and tortilla I'm already up to 73 grs Smile

HTH!

I definitely have other symptoms. For instance, for about the past 5 or so years my hair and nails have become increasingly brittle, and my skin leathery dry, for no apparent reason. I haven't been able to grow my hair out for the past 5 years because it is so fragile. My nails are constantly peeling and splitting and they were NEVER like this before. I had my thyroid tested and the doctor said it came back perfect. I've changed my diet quite a lot for the better, and still I've seen no changes. The only thing that ever made a slight difference was taking fish and flax oil, though I only saw changes with my skin. I also have quite a few problems pop up in the past few years with stomach sensitivity and such. I've also noticed that I have increasing levels of anxiety over the years, something very abnormal for me!

I know there is definitely something off with my body, but I'm struggling to find out what it is. I feel that it is something that runs in the family because my sister is struggling with some of the same symptoms as I, and has been to many internists and other doctors to no apparent avail. It was quite coincidental that my sister mentioned she thought she may have a problem with gluten because it was something I myself had been thinking about for awhile.

It is hard right now because I don't have health insurance and can't really afford to pay out of pocket for doctor visits, especially when they lead to nothing.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Fat Swan... I just read your signature line...

I am HIGHLY suspicious that your skin problems are due to your diet. If you are constipated all the time, and your diet is really the way you say... you body needs to eliminate. If it doesn't come out the old fashion way... well, I suspect.

I'm hoping you'll experiment here a bit... GET a BLENDER!!! Don't by another cosmetic. Spend your money on a blender. I suspect you will gain results for your face and body beyond what any cream or gadget will do for you...

I make a detox lemon aid that I got out of The Liver Cleansing Diet book:

Juice of : 1 whole lemon, a chunk of ginger (about an inch), 1 whole beat. You can dilute with water, or add stevia to sweeten (I like sour things.)

I doubt the hand blender you have will smooth out any vege enough to remove chunks, and you don't want to drink chunks. blech!

I have my favorite smoothie recipe listed above. As long as you're not on heart medication you can freely add pineapple to ANY green drink. You won't taste the spinach or Kale, I've tested on 4 y/o's... You will LOVE it!!!

I make Broccoli soup all the time: 1 lb frozen broccoli, steam until soft. Add Broccoli to blender, and a bit of the broccoli water, and 1/2-1 cup of vege or chicken broth. Blend until smooth. You can even leave a few chunks if you like. Put in pot, Stir in a tiny bit of milk (for some creaminess... but this step can be skipped if you're avoiding dairy), and I grate, no more than 1 oz of cheddar cheese into the whole mix. Salt and pepper to taste... It's soooo Good. Do this with any vege you like. My sister does the same with Roasted Red Peppers. Asparagus would be yummy! I'd flavor with Lemon and Parm Cheese. Or Roasted Butternut squash with a dash of nutmeg.

You can make Mashed Vege's. You don't need a blender... Cook your potatoes, and Parsnips, and Cauliflower, (all white), Mash with Milk and a wee bit of butter for flavor. Salt and Pepper to taste...

Need Gravy on that? Here's my FAVORITE. Make your Meat... pot roast, or pork chops or whatever. use a bit of the drippings... but the liquid part NOT THE FAT part... Place drippings in Saute pan. Now, add some chopped onion and if you need some extra liquid, you can use milk, wine (red or white... which ever compliments your meal), or vege or chicken stock. Brown up the onions... NOW Add a PILE of Mushrooms.Let them absorb all the flavor...BACK to the blender. Blend until smooth, Add liquid as necessary to thin out..(not wine unless you're going to cook out the alcohol or want drunk gravy...)

NOW, if you thin the above out, it's really quite tasty as soup as well...

My FAVORITE way to eat asparagus... Toss with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and lightly salt and pepper. Place on a grill, and cook it until it has a little bit of crispness... some char marks are ok. Drizzle with straight lemon juice, and grate a bit of parm cheese. make a LOT... it's great hot, but even better chilled!

The thing is, you want the ENTIRE vege, in the mix. The flesh of the Fiber.

NOW WATER!!! I would experiment, and take note of how much water you actually drink. Then start increasing daily. Don't try to get that full liter and a half on your first day, if you really don't get near half that much regular. You'll be in the bathroom ALL DAY...

Add that fiber, add that water... and I bet you skin purges, as well as your intestines. You'll lose bloat and all your clothes will fit better at the waist line...

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia!
My god you're so right! I'm so stupid never thought of the bowels-skin connection! Ughhhh!
Thank you so very much for you lengthy reply! Your enthusiasm definitely caught on and I picked up some frozen fruit to try out tonight. I didn't have time to buy a proper blender yet, so I'll see how the hand blender works out first.. Do you use fresh or frozen vegetables? I have some frozen spinach (SO's, not mine Laughing ) so I plan to blend that with blueberries and pineapple and Benefiber. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Pray Pray that I'll be able to keep it all down tonight! Laughing Laughing Thanks again, and wish me luck!!

ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I usually use FRESH baby spinach, (organic to boot)... (if your frozen tastes yucky... please try the fresh)... I use frozen fruit all the time... Blueberries are HARD to get perfectly smooth... their skin can seem like plastic if not REALLY beat, and their teeny tiny seeds will add texture (same as strawberry or raspberry). Just something to note in your experimenting... I tend to use SMOOTH fruits without seeds... but if you don't mind the little seeds. Go for it! Have fun with it... try not to make it a chore!

My kids eat frozen fruit ALL the time... One in particular just opens the freezer, grabs a bag of mango and goes for it... It's nice on hot days... and WAY better than a Popsicle..

Although, for the first time 2 days ago, I put nothing but blueberries in my blender... blended for about 5 minutes... sprayed a cookie sheet with Pam... poured the mixture (which was very gelatinous (MY DH the chef says that's what blueberries do!), and spread it all out. about 1/4 inch deep. Then I placed in the oven at 170* (Mine is convection... normal oven should be lower temp 150* and perhaps even with the door open) 2ish hours... and I have natural fruit leather. (if you're watching your sugar... this is NOT an everyday, all day kind of snack.) Pretty good, I'm going to start experimenting with other fruits!

Ok... here's another recipe... fresh or frozen strawberries, with one whole lime blend until liquid. Fill the bottom half of a glass with this... pour sparkling water over the top! (If you have too much fruit to blend, add some sparkling to loosen that up...(kind of funny when you think about it... if there's not enough liquid...the machine will jam... Just like you're intestines...EEEWWW gross image I know!) Because this is sooooo liquid the strawberry seeds will sink. Experiment with other flavors you like!

What to do with frozen Spinach: at the end of cooking whole grain pasta... toss it in... and then drain it all... mix in your pasta sauce... make or buy pre made crust, roll out into small circles About 10" or so, fill with frozen thawed and squeezed out spinach, and some ricotta (to taste), and GARLIC (you can mush it all together...no blending) ... pull the other half over and close, (calizone), cook until dough is nice and brown... Serve a nice tomato sauce over the top.

I am enthusiastic about this... I'm currently on a kick to get my OWN fruit and Vege intake up... while getting down the simple nutritionless carbs.

One more VERY simple recipe... (oh, and again, keep in mind Josee's warning about upping your fiber TOO fast, it can get uncomfy (gas), if it's too much too fast. )

Shred up a bunch of cabbage, green, purple, whichever kind you like. Add any chopped veges you like... chopped red/orange/yellow peppers? some Chicken???

(Stir it all up to coat the entire salad) Add 1-1.5 TBS of the following Dressing:

2 TBS Smooth no sugar peanut butter
1.5 TBS Rice Wine Vinegar
3 TBS Low Sodium Soy Sauce

I ate 4 cups of cabbage in one sitting with just 2 TBS of the above dressing... It's sooooo yummy! (I had decided to do this when I was in Whole Foods, thinking about getting some of their spring rolls and peanut sauce, and thought... DUH... make your own salad for 1/8 of the price!!!)

stir until smooth.

5% products discount

Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
All Bran Fiber cereal has 13 grams of Fiber if you get the one with the label "Double Fiber" on it.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia,
Oh my! I think I'm going to need to keep to your recipes because I really have no talent in the culinary arts, even when it's only blending!!! **shuddering with horror** So I tried doing 1/2 pack spinach, 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup pineapple (all frozen), but it looked a bit thick-- I had NO idea you're supposed to blend for 5 minutes!! I think I did it for one... So in a flash of brilliance I added 2 whole oranges and ended up with too much so I poured out 8oz and stuck the rest in the fridge. And then: I drank about half that glass before I puked. No, literally. Anxious BUT, I took a rest and tried again with the remaining 4oz. I diluted it down with 50% more water, and seriously it took all my will power to keep it down the second time around!! Ohh lord I'm still shuddering!! I can still smell/taste it with every burp and gas reflux! EWW gross I know, sorry that's probably too much info!! Rolling Eyes Hopefully things will begin to "move" soon! And maybe next week I'll get the courage to try your other "real food" recipes! Laughing Laughing Thanks again so very much for all your input, I really learned a lot! Thank you!
Swan

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |