Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
has anyone had issues with copper peptide?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
If you did have issues, could you please tell me which brand did you use? and how long did you use the copper peptide cream to see the undesirable effects?
Thanks so much!
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I had used Cp's by Skin Biology for 1 full year. I can't say there was any damage done, aside from the usual reported irritation if one uses too much, too fast.
I however also saw no real improvement in my skin.
I think CPs work if you have aged/damaged skin. But, if your fairly youthful/healthy skin- they are of little value.
I could never justify the philosophy of deliberately damaging the skin (dermarollers, strong acids, toothpicks) to get a serum to work..

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Alien, it's good you didn't have any problems with copper peptides. I agree CP is for people who has lines/wrinkles already.

I was thinking how do I know if my skin is sensitive to copper peptides? do i really need to wait until I see more lines/wrinkles??
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I used SB's copper peptides for eight months or so on my face. While the product didn't harm my skin, it didn't benefit it either...but there again, I didn't have any wrinkles or nasties to get rid of. I also used it on the wrinkles in the crook of my arm and it did nothing for them Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:37 am      Reply with quote
If you do a search on COPPER PEPTIDES you will find lots of link to discussions on this subject. Here is one link about the negative side of CP's.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28949&highlight=copper+peptides

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
And I have to add that while Dr Pickart himself was very helpful( as much as possible while still trying to sell his product) The forum is a nasty place to visit. Any/all dispareging comments are removed, there is dubious medical advice being given, and general nastiness if you question Efficacy.
If you visit you'll notice Dr P stays far away from the difficult medical questions and leaves the possible FDA intervention to his members

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Angy wrote:
Alien, it's good you didn't have any problems with copper peptides. I agree CP is for people who has lines/wrinkles already.

I was thinking how do I know if my skin is sensitive to copper peptides? do i really need to wait until I see more lines/wrinkles??

I don't know if it is a "sensativity" to CPs as much as they are potent actives.. It is advised to start slowly: buying the mildest form, useing it sparingly, until your skin tolerates it. Then move to a mid range CP and again sart slowly- go on from there.
It has been suggested that CP with regular , and vigorous exfoliation encourages "damage" to come to the surface where it will be sloughed off and replaced with better and healthier skin.
So it is MY suggestion that if you are young or have little skin damage, you will see little result with CPs

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Alien, thanks for your helpful comments.

If anyone is interested to read a bit more a copper peptides here an interesting link

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/copper.html
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
It is interesting that you post that link! Dr Pickart of Skin Biology has some unhappy comments about that site and Dr Todorov- threatening law suit Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
how interesting!
http://www.dermadoctor.com/article_Copper-Peptides_103.html
here is another link from dermadoctor, and she has about the same warnings as Dr. Todorov.
Also, Hannah from SAS has the same warnings.
we shall see...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |