Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
How do you get rid of blackheads on your nose?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I have combo skin and no matter what I do always seem to have blackheads on my nose. Not to sound gross, but if I squeeze the pores stuff always comes out and if I clean them out a few days later they fill right back up. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what do you use?
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Using deep cleansing masks regularly will be definitely helpful, I think.
And Clarisonic brush is a good choice for removing the blackheads.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I use OCM and then follow with tonic to close the pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the Clarisonic brush and what I do is use my physical facial scrub, Cellcosmet and use it as a mask on my troubled area. I hope this helps. Smile
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare, you just remind me about Cellcosmet scrub. I used to use it last year right after OCM. I found that just using it along doesn't help my skin so I combine these two methods.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 Please forgive me, but I don't know what OCM stands for. Embarassed
Sometimes I leave the facial scrub on for over an hour, while I'm cleaning up my home or when I do exercise.
I was never a fan of Cellcosmet Activator Gel, but when I tried it again during the summer season, I really, really loved it! I also bought the toner for the summer season, which I bring with me when on vacation and I'm travelling out of large human population with no filtered water. The toner is a good replacement of water and I think it disinfects, but I never felt the dry or tight feeling on my skin.
starxiao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
i also have serious blackheads

however, it's getting better after i massage my nose with pearl powder

u can have a try, works well for me
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Lara1 Please forgive me, but I don't know what OCM stands for. Embarassed
Sometimes I leave the facial scrub on for over an hour, while I'm cleaning up my home or when I do exercise.
I was never a fan of Cellcosmet Activator Gel, but when I tried it again during the summer season, I really, really loved it! I also bought the toner for the summer season, which I bring with me when on vacation and I'm travelling out of large human population with no filtered water. The toner is a good replacement of water and I think it disinfects, but I never felt the dry or tight feeling on my skin.

OCM is oil cleansing method. At the beginning I didn't really liked this method, but I got use to it as it cleanse most of my pores. I use just castor oil for OCM.
Here is the link to one of the posts about OCM
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7077&highlight=ocm

I also like Cellcosmet Activator Gel, I bought it from EDS with tonic and scrub, I love it! It makes my skin refreshed and tonic disinfects skin after cleansing with scrub. Sometimes tonic makes my skin red, but I put some moisturiser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I've used jojoba oil to wash my face and it works. I agree that you would have to use several products to avoid and remove any blackheads.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
OCM (with castor oil/ jojoba oil) plus aspirin masks work wonders to remove the blackheads around my nose!!! Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I also recommend OCM but in addition, suggest you purchase a blackhead extractor tool. Use it after cleansing with OCM and also always use good hygiene.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
starxiao wrote:
i also have serious blackheads

however, it's getting better after i massage my nose with pearl powder

u can have a try, works well for me

Where can I get pearl powder?

I have never heard of the Oil Cleansing Method, does it take long to do? BTW, I have the clarisonic and love it, but its not helping with the blackheads.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Pearl powder may be purchased from NCN:

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/supplements/100-pure-pearl-powder-1-oz.html

and Garden of Wisdom (GOW)

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/7000431/6894073.htm

I am sure there are others but these two came to mind.
WishingWell
5% products discount

Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
My sister and I have the same problem.
She deals with it by using a pimple scraper
and toner but I'm scared of scarring.
I was recommended Cor Silver Soap and so far I've noticed a nice improvement in my blackheads and pores around my oily nose area ( I have combo skin too) Give it a try, the sample soap is about $12 available here and it lasts a very long time. I've had mine for over three weeks and there's still a lot left.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Thank you. I've used jojoba oil to wash my face and it works. I agree that you would have to use several products to avoid and remove any blackheads.

hi, there ,is jojoba really working well?

could you describe in a bit more detailed way, how u apply your jojoba on your face? does it look like the same way as you use your cleansing cream?

want to know more about jojoba to get rid of blackheads
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I can't swear personally that it removes blackheads. The oil matches our natural oil that we produce. Eating fish is better for our skin because on red meat, the fat is hard and for me, it's harder to digest and I get clogged pores. Jojoba is just an oil that does not clog the pores and that is all I witness it do. As to remove blackheads, I don't know if it can do that, maybe it stops from more being produced and a chemical and physical scrub help remove the old ones. But I can see how jojoba oil can loosen the pore so that the chemical and physical scrub removes it.
I'm sure that your skin could get red from this procedure, but it's probably the most gentle way of doing it. I use JB or Cellcosmet mask to help even out my skin tone.
I use jojoba oil to remove my eye makeup, but sometimes I need a some help and use Chanel or Lancome or Cle de Peau eye makeup remover.
BelleduNord

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Is "Dermalogica Precleanse" could do a good job ?I use Clarisonic brush with a SwissLine cleaner and i can see a big change with blackheads and oily skin...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Just keep to use deep cleansing mask & scrub once per week.
Or your cleanser may not be suitable for you.
I bought a nose pack for my husband recently (Brand name is Kose Cosme Decorte from Japan). It is quite good for remove blackhead but a little bit irritation. I let him to try it first. If there is no side effect (eg cause large pores), I will try this later.
okiedoki
5% products discount

Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use Kose Seikisho Mask White. It is supposed to be a whitening mask but I noticed that it helps to remove my black heads too. I apply a thin layer on my whole face and leave it for about 15 mins. When it dries, the mask is really tight and when I peel it off, I notice that the mask pulls off some of the black heads especially around the nose area.

Hope this helps.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
okiedoki wrote:
I use Kose Seikisho Mask White. It is supposed to be a whitening mask but I noticed that it helps to remove my black heads too. I apply a thin layer on my whole face and leave it for about 15 mins. When it dries, the mask is really tight and when I peel it off, I notice that the mask pulls off some of the black heads especially around the nose area.

Hope this helps.

Where do you purchase the mask from?
tckmtracy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I bought Kose Cosme Decorte Sebum Pack recently and tried it on my husband nose. It is good for removing blackhead! It has a serum for softening the dead skin and blackhead and then apply the nose pack on. Remove it after the pack dry. The result is better than Kose Seikisho whitening mask. Seikisho is good to remove face hairs but not blackhead.......

Kose products are sold in Asia only.......
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you girls. I heard of Oil Cleansing remotely before but never had time to devote to read more about it. So thank you for mentioning it again. I tried it and I love it. I haven't had problems with acne or breakouts since I joint the EDS but I still had the black heads on my nose or occasionally on the cheeks which I had to extract regularly with a blackhead extractor tool, but I am not fond of this method because it leaves the face with red dots all over as mechanical damage. I tried this oil cleansing method during these couple of days (on my face and whole body before shower) and I am happy to report it cleared the blackheads pretty much completely (at least visually). I used whatever oil I had, which was organic coconut oil as the base and drops of lavender or sandalwood essential oils
yanzhu
5% products discount

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I use the Japanese product DHC's cleaning oil.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
Thank you girls. I heard of Oil Cleansing remotely before but never had time to devote to read more about it. So than you for mentioning it again. I tried it and I love it. I haven't had problems with acne or breakouts since I joint the EDS but I still had the black heads on my nose or occasionally on the cheeks which I had to extract regularly with a blackhead extractor tool, but I am not fond of this method because it leaves the face with red dots all over as mechanical damage. I tried this oil cleansing method curing this couple of days (on my face and whole body before shower) and I am happy to report it cleared the blackheads pretty much completely (at least visually). I used whatever oil I had, which was organic coconut oil as the base and drops of lavender or sandalwood essential oils

Can you explain what the oil cleansing method is?
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Can you explain what the oil cleansing method is?

well, I just read the posts above and did what other girls said. I mixed the base oil (in my case I had only coconut oil) with some essential oils, and massaged it to skin for about 5-10 minutes, then rinsed it. As other ladies said, I also felt some grains under my fingers, which was obviously the stuff that popped out of some of the clogged pores. I didn't feel a lot of grains, but I really didn't have a big problem either. When I looked at the mirror after, my nose looked clear and the pores are smaller. So I do not know how or why but it works for me.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |