Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eye creams: constant frustration
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:08 am      Reply with quote
\begin{rant}So my skin is DRY and sensitive, and so is my undereye area. Plus, since I've reached the mature age of 37, I feel I should probably be using a specific eye cream. But I have tried, and tried, and tried, and so far, I've searched in vain.

If something says on the label that it's for dry skin, it's more than likely that that translates into "thick, silicone-y base that sits on the surface" or "serum-like texture that disappears". Tightening/lifting translates into drying, and the more hi-tech, the more unimpressed I am by the results.

So far, the best choice seems to be to use a Decleor aromessence (right now Iris, but normally, I prefer Neroli or Rose d'Orient), and then a normal moisturizer on top, for instance Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance. At least that combo actually does provide moisture. But I guess I will end up in skincare hell by admitting to such sins? Sad

But what else is a girl to do? Buying expensive creams and ending up either (1) throwing them away or (2) abusing them for other purposes, e.g. on my hands... is really expensive in the long run.

Am I the only one who feels like this?
\end{rant}

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Nemi, I also have very dry skin, although am older than you (just turned 43). So far, the best eye cream I've found with regard to hydrating the undereye area, but not leaving a greasy film, is Valmont Eye & Lip Contour Repair Cream. It doesn't work miracles by solving undereye circles, etc, but it does leave a dry skinned person like me with nicely moisturised and comfortable skin around my eyes.

Hope that helps.

(BTW it is expensive (lasts for ages), so it might be worth trying to get hold of a sample to try first, if you're interested in it.)
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
If you want continuous moisturization, and penetration, you need to look for the raw materials jojoba esters, and glycerin combined with hydrolyzed jojoba esters.

Jojoba Esters is better at retaining moisture at the skin surface than the industry standard of petrolatum. Jojoba Esters are also a "dry" emollient because it is "oil free", being a "wax esters". It is very similar to the wax esters in your skin's own natural sebum, so it penetrates quickly, doesn't feel greasy, and is dry and smooth like a silicone, but luckily, is NOT a silicone.

The combination of glycerin with hydrolyzed jojoba esters, in the right proportions, have been clinically proven to be 24 hour moisturizers (actually longer, depending on how long the product was left on the skin).

This combination of ingredients is the driving force behind Gold Bond's Ultimate Healing Lotion which is a wonderful product.

Any anti-age, anti-wrinkle type of cream or lotion designed for use around the eyes with those three keystone ingredients will be the solution to your problem.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
So, Notch, can you recommend any specific products for me?

As I said, I'm mainly looking for lasting hydrationg. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Are you located in the U.S. or over in Europe? Can I send you a private message?

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in Europe; Norway, to be more specific.

And of course you may send me a message Smile

(and disregard my stupid typo in the previous message; I was obviously trying to merge two words into one. Laughing)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Nemi I take it you want hydration. Just like me, I LOVE the Elizabeth Grant eye creams. She has several, so pick the one that you require to solve your crinkly problem...YOU WILL be astounded. 24 hr hydration is what will happen. You will not be disappointed. Go to Shop at home.
Mary11
5% products discount

Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I can relate to your frustration.

I got sick and tired of spending a fortune for a tiny jar of eye cream.

Recently I started using Avene Hydrance for the eye area. I really like it. Great moisturizer and the tube is a nice size. It will probably last months.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Dear Nemi,

I understand your frustration 'cause I had the same problem in the past. Choosing the right product is not an easy thing. I recommed HR prodigy eye cream to you 'cause I used it for sometime and really think it's good. Also, I am about to try Ole Henriksen African Red Tea visual truth eye creme, I will share with you my review after trying it.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:16 am      Reply with quote
HR Prodigy was OK, but failed in the end. Again I felt that it just sat on the surface of my skin. I guess that for now, I'll have to settle with layering either a hydrating serum or a Decleor Aromessence underneath a heavier moisturizer.

At least I don't have any trouble with puffy eyes. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
HR Prodigy was OK, but failed in the end. Again I felt that it just sat on the surface of my skin. I guess that for now, I'll have to settle with layering either a hydrating serum or a Decleor Aromessence underneath a heavier moisturizer.

At least I don't have any trouble with puffy eyes. Smile

Different people have different feeling on the same product. To me, HR Prodigy was easily absorbed. Another product you may consider is Aromatherapy Associates Renew Rose Eye Gel, it contains rose essential oil and really easily absorbed.

Decleor might also be good, but I havn't tried yet.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried every high-end eye cream under the sun and always return to my Shiseido HG: Eye Wrinkle Concentrate. It has a massive amunt of hyaluronic acid, but no other treatment ingredients. I have my Retin-a for that. It is only sold in a few places around the world, but can be found online.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
So, Notch, can you recommend any specific products for me?

As I said, I'm mainly looking for lasting hydrationg. Smile

Notch, yes can you recommend a product? I too need an eye cream that actually keeps moisture there without all the silicones.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I use Shikai Borage Dry Skin Therapy Eye Cream and love it. Since you're in Norway have you tried any of the Annemarie Borland creams (German product)? I've used her sensitive skin night cream it's is really great so I'm guessing her eye cream also is. All of that line is organic.
tomorrow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I agree it can be so frustrating looking for the right eye cream as it can be so pricey yet turn out to be totally useless. I am still on the search.
samplelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a lot of eye creme on the market. I have start seeing lines under my eye since I don't know when. I think Valmont AWF Cyto Eye Complex Factor II - Lifting Eye Contour Cream is the best that I met so far. You may wanna request a sample from EDS before you buy.

good luck.
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I have two eye creams that I like. One is Organic Coffee Bean Eye Cream from 100% Pure and the other is Bright-I. They both take away puffiness and are not greasy at all. They feel great on.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
n/m

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/skin-care-facts-eye-creams-treating-eye-area-wrinkles.aspx

Most women believe that eye creams are specially formulated for the skin around the eye area. Although the eye area does tend to be more prone to allergic or sensitizing reactions and often shows wrinkles before other areas of the face, it turns out that product formulations for eye creams don't differ from those for face products. There is no evidence, research, or documentation validating the claim that eye creams have special formulations setting them apart from other facial moisturizers. It only takes a quick look at the ingredient labels of any moisturizer or eye moisturizer to see that they don't differ except for the price and the tiny containers the eye creams come in. Eye creams are a whim of the cosmetics industry designed to evoke the sale of two products when only one is needed.

The only time you might want to use a different product around the eyes is if the skin there happens to indeed be different from the skin on the rest of the face. For example, if your face is normal to oily and doesn't require a moisturizer except occasionally on the cheeks or around the eyes, then an emollient, well-formulated moisturizer of any kind will work beautifully.

Ironically, one of the drawbacks of many so-called eye creams is that they rarely contain sunscreen. For daytime, that makes most eye creams a serious problem for the health of skin. You could believe that you were doing something special for your eyes, but you would actually be putting them at risk of sun damage and wrinkling by using an eye cream without sunscreen. This is another example of the way cosmetics marketing and misleading information can waste your money and hurt your skin.

Info from above link.
HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
have you tried going au natural? occasionally using cucumber slices? its cooling, and moisturizing.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:38 am      Reply with quote
i am not dry skin so may not help ,but just share the ideas. i am useing dr brandt r3p eye cream now. it works on my dry lines under eyes
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I have tried many many eye creams, and Cellcosmet eye conture cream is the best I have used so far.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |