Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Whatever happened to labmuffins.com?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I took a long break from the forum and bought a new computer.. When I tried to go to the website yesterday, all I found was a page of irrelevant ads. hmm Does anyone know what happened? Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same experience Sad . At one time Trish was going to let it die and everyone seemed keen on hanging in there and then it was gone. Glad you posted maybe we will find out!
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, Ego happened to it.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

What do you mean, vonstella?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:17 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
vonstella wrote:

Yes please elaborate!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
vonstella wrote:

Yes please elaborate!

Real nice, Vonstella. And that's real cute, Liz, to "thank" her for her post. Classy. Neither of you have been able to get over it, have you? Time to move on ...

What Vonstella means, everyone, is that at one point, she, Liz, and a few other EDS members or former members, myself included, followed Tricia as she branched off to form Labmuffins after some seriously bad shenanigans on this forum (EDS) involving a number of other members. This was at least two years ago, when some members of the forum seemed to develop into two camps -- or warring parties, would be the best way to put it -- of people who were not getting along. It all had to do with the DIY/Home-based skin care businesses and what a lot of people felt was not only one group's overt shilling for their "friends" who were running a couple of the businesses, but their concurrent bad-mouthing of a very popular forum member who was making skin care products by request as she was able, and she was often not able to fill orders due to a chronic illness. That is why the entire DIY/Home-based skin care business reviews section is locked down to this very day.

Sometimes women can play nice together, sometimes they can't (I'm beginning to believe the latter happens most of the time, much to my dismay) and unfortunately there was fall-out amongst several of the initial Labmuffins members, all of whom has modding duties and/or administrative access to the forum. Tricia cut off admin and modding access to a couple of them in an effort to control damage (as I believe they were going in deleting posts, entire threads, etc.) on a short-term basis and in an effort to try to smooth things over and let cooler heads prevail, but there was a blow-out which led to approximately four of the original members leaving, Vonstella and Liz among them. The forum was Tricia's and folks seemed to forget it was her baby and she paid to have it hosted and was the main administrator/owner of the board. Not to worry, the forum had a slew of new members join and was percolating along quite nicely for a while, but it was always a very small community.

I am not exactly sure why Tricia gave up the forum, but I am assuming it is because she got busy with her life and was unable to give it the full attention it needed. Perhaps she felt it had run its course, I don't know, but anyone who knows Tricia knows that she is a very knowledgable person who was always willing and kind enough to share her experience and knowledge of skin care and gadgets. In any case, Labmuffins is no longer active, which is a pity because there was some outstanding information to be had there, but we do have EDS and other forums out there on the WWW ...
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
oh god, not here too...sorry to hear about this.

Why can't people just get along? - this is only skin care - we're not here to cure cancer or colonize Mars.

BF - my two cents
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mermaidgirl---- It's great to see you back here at EDS. Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree regarding our thoughts about the demise of the ill-fated lab muffins, but on the bright side it looks like one of the positives of lab muffins going under is that we might be seeing more of you here at EDS again. Welcome back!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I did not know the split happened over DIY - thought it was other reasons. I know there were some words among a few members and some being asked to leave the forum for a time and others permanently. But never knew the exact cause.

I agree Tricia did share a lot with members and was very open with what she knew.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Hey MermaidGirl!

Just wanted to clear a few things up, first, I have moved on and I don't see anything wrong with my previous post as no malice was intended, and I have to take a moment to apologise to you as you seem to have taken it personally. I have no hard feelings towards anyone! I chose to not air any dirty laundry on the forum or to call anyone out by name as I thought that would be very childish. It was never my intention to bash ANYONE on a public forum.

Secondly, we obviously disagree on the series of events, and based on your memory of what happened, the actual events themselves. Which is OK by me as everyone remembers things differently depending on the information they have access to.

I hope that that clears a bit up for you and you now realize that you have no reason to feel hostile.

Either way, I'm really glad to see you back at EDS, I hope you will stay and continue posting. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is looking forward to your posts!

Welcome back! wave

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I miss labmuffins soooo much. It was certainly a unique forum, with a wonderful blend of members and topics. I received so much support from Tricia and other members there during a very difficult, depressing part of my life. I must have joined after most of the drama had passed.

In one of Tricia's last posts, she did indicate that she felt the forum had run its course. Several of us did try to talk her into keeping it going, but I guess she chose to move on.

I made several attempts to contact her, but finally had to stop so I wouldn't be accused of stalking. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just wish we could have access to some of the really great threads. Derma Rolling, Henna, TCA, etc.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I never participated in the forum, but would it be possible to recreate it in the same style but with a new group of members?

BF
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Technically speaking, it's not difficult at all. It's the managing of the people that would be difficult. Also, I do think that to make a small forum work, the moderator has to have the right personality/writing ability to keep interest alive. I think that's why labmuffins died...it needed Tricia's consistent participation, but she had other things going on in her life.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
My gosh I'm so sorry for stirring up such a storm!! Silenced I was simply curious. Sorry! Embarassed

nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
It was an innocent question, fat_swan. We know you were oblivious to all the previous drama!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |