Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fresh Rose Face Mask Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
WishingWell
5% products discount

Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this product. for once a week for two months. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone at times and dryness in some areas.

First off, this mask smells AMAZING
When you open up the jar, the colour is a complete turn off and the little bits of rose petals can look unappetizing. Take a whiff and you'll instantly be won over.

It smells like REAL roses, not a synthetic overwhelming scent.

This mask is more of a gel-like consistency and it's very easy to smooth all over your face. It isn't oily at all ( I have a very oily t-zone in the summer) and it's perfect when you just want to cleanse your skin at the end of a hot day.
I think the gel formulation prevents the skin from drying out and when you rinse it off, your skin feels incredibly soft and plus it smells of roses. I've noticed my complexion has cleared up and brightened after using this weekly.

The biggest thing against this mask is the price. $55 USD at Sephora but the jar is huge and you don't need a lot of product to cover your face. It's more of an indulgent purchase and I highly recommend going to Sephora and asking for a sample or even just pick it up and smell it.

This mask is for you if you're looking for a nice-smelling, easy to use mask that hydrates the skin.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Great review, WishingWell! Are there any other Fresh products that you would recommend?
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I used this mask years ago and still miss it. The reason I have not repurchased it the price tag, and the results are pleasant, but not "skin changing". The pamper factor is high and I really enjoyed the sensation of using it, unique smell, texture, look and feel of the product. In fact, I will repurchase when I am due a treat.
puzzle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
For me, this mask is OK but doesn't worth the money. I would invest on less expensive products which have the same effect (and there are many indeed).
christophe
5% products discount

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
i think it's just a normal hydrating mask, but i have to admit the experience with this mask is awesome, but the consequence is just normal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
With the same price I would try Dermalogica hydrating mask. I hear some girls say this mask is kinda irritating and not hydrating enough...
icyj
5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
i love the smell to this mask and feels divine on nice and nice very pampering! I got a sample of this at Sephora. The price tag just puts me off.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Great review! I ordered one but it's still on the way~ can't wait to get it~
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I used this years ago as well. It left my skin feeling smoother, plumped, and refreshed. I really liked it, but it's too expensive and there are better masks out there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I have a little sample pot of this that is lasting quite a long time. It certainly does smell amazing; like fresh roses, not the cheap potpourri rose scent so many cosmetics have. It goes on very easily and washes off cleanly, but I haven't noticed any particular benefits apart from the pampering aspect.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I used it two years ago and I feel like it's so so especially considering its high price. I think it's overpriced.
samplelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I uses both fresh rose and black tea mask. The rose mask gave me a sting sensation when my skin was in a stress condition. It does make my skin feel very soft and hydrated after using. The black tea mask is a newer mask. I felt a cool sensation when I apply it. My face is brighter after using the mask. Personally, I like the rose mask better.
avogrape
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I use Karin Herzog Rose and Oxygen face cream but once a week i would apply a thicker layer and use it like a mask. Its wonderful, I could feel the oxygen bring the contents deep into my skin. I do want to try this rose mask and compare it though. Too bad we don't have Sephora in UK.
chabang
5% products discount

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I used this mask too a few years ago and liked it but wasn't wowed. I then tried the Fresh Sugar Face Polish (made w/ brown sugar and strawberries) and LOVED it. It's one of the few beauty products I have consistently repurchased thru the years. Leaves my face supersoft and glowing.
sweetnancy
5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you. It is just not worth it. I like NUXE hydrating mask better.

puzzle wrote:
For me, this mask is OK but doesn't worth the money. I would invest on less expensive products which have the same effect (and there are many indeed).
sweetnancy
5% products discount

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Another positive review about sugar mask. I am still strugling since it is too expensive. Want to try black tea mask too.

chabang wrote:
I used this mask too a few years ago and liked it but wasn't wowed. I then tried the Fresh Sugar Face Polish (made w/ brown sugar and strawberries) and LOVED it. It's one of the few beauty products I have consistently repurchased thru the years. Leaves my face supersoft and glowing.
Bree22
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Both the rose mask and black tea mask are real nice... Though I use the rose mask when I wanna feel pampered and use the Black tea when I feel my skin feels tight or dry.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
The black tea mask it much better!
AimHigh

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I used this product, but am not sure if it is worth spending so much on a product, which has such minimal benefits.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
This mask is OK, but I think it's overpriced. I like fresh sugar mask more.
2hype

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I liked the smell a lot, but it irritated my face and made it splotchy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I love the smell of this product but the price is way too expensive.

The mask brightens up the face instantly but sometimes, it stings my face badly so I wouldn't suggest ppl with sensitive skin to try.

I also don't think it's hydrating enough for the winter time.
jhonismith1234

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I am having a very good glow and effect on my face.Yes its expensive but to get something we have to spend so i am happy to have this product.I love rose and the smell of rose is makes me fresh.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:12 am      Reply with quote
In any case, it is expensive. I would rather buy a facial cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
When using this mask is simply to enjoy. It gave me a very nourishing the skin to bring the replenishment effect. In addition to price, there are no other disadvantages of the.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |