Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark circle problem, unsure of what cream to get.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Charz

Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Ok this is my situation, ever since I was 12 I've had dark circles, now these dark circles are not from lack of sleep or allergies or anything like that, they are family genetics. Just about everyone in my family has dark circles. I'm now 18 and my dark circles are so bad today, they are blue and under my eyes. I've tried about 5 different types of creams including Hylexin cream, and maybe the creams have made the circles fade a tiny bit but thats still not good enough. I want a cream that is going to make a big change to them and prevent them from getting worse in the future. I've been doing some research on the internet to try and find the perfect cream that will get rid of them, I have found a cream called Milexin MD this is their website (can't post websites just google the product name "Milexin MD" to find their site)

Their cream sounds so convincing and I am so tempted to buy myself a jar but I don't want it to end up like the last creams and not seeing very clear results so if anyone here has tried this cream please tell me what results it gave you and I'd be interested if someone with my exact same problem got rid of their dark circles using a certain cream. I posted on yahoo answers asking what this Milexin MD cream was like and so far I've only had one reply from someone saying that the cream didn't work for them and they had used a cream called "eyevive" so I did some research on eyevive and the reviews on that cream are convincing but also the reviews on the MD Milexin cream are also convincing and right now I am stuck on what cream I should buy.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I know Peter Thomas Roth has a vitamin k eye cream just for this and many members on here have had success with it. Good luck!
mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
have you heard of Hylexin?its for serious dark circles.i use it alternately with other eye cream n apparently my dark circles are not so obivious now.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
This is the only product that's really worked well for my dark circles: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32702
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem with eye circles! Now with age I have tiny lines and some slight bags. After much research and reading lots of great reviews I am about to try the Easy Eye Solutions eye tuck.
pristang
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Wonder if there is any eye cream that really "work". I've tried lots of brands, Skin medica, clinique, exuviance, seems not much improvement on the lines and slight bags.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I personally don't think that there is a very effective product to reduce or minimize the dark circles. So maybe some cosmetics such as eye shadow may help.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Charz,

I just viewed this product from Swizerland:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/neocutis-lumiere-bio-rest-p_8751.htm

Seems good but I could not tell since I have not tried it. But I am very interested in this 'cause I like the products from the Swizerland.

You may have a look~
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
You may not find a cream that dissolves your dark circles, I'm sorry to say. But I understand your desire and willingness to look for one. The question is: why do you have them? If it's because you're thin skinned and the blue under your skin is showing through, I doubt a cream can significantly change that. If it's because you have structural hollows under your eyes: anatomically you go "in" instead of "out" under your eyes, and a shadow is created by your bone structure, a cream cannot change that. If your skin is darkened, as happens with some people, (but it doesn't sound like that, most often, I think, you'd be complaining of brown, not blue, I think), perhaps a skin lightener might help. If you have real fat "bags" that are creating a dark shadow, a cream cannot make fat deposits disappear. People that find creams to diminish dark circles, I suspect, do not have that serious a problem. Perhaps those creams help plump up or tighten the skin, temporarily. I don't know. Other solutions include: fillers to fill out hollows, if that's what you have. Surgery to get rid of fat bags, if that's what you have. Even implants to fill out your bony structure. I don't know how serious your problem really is, perhaps not as bad as you think,and you are still so young, you might find you can happily live with dark circles: your family does, they make you unique, they don't mean you're not beautiful, they're a good test to see who is superficial and put off by them. Especially since all those procedures come with serious risks. And all those "miracle solutions" will cost you a fortune. At 18, I doubt you have hundreds of dollars to spend as you keep trying. And trying. Then again: maybe you'll find that magic cream. If you do, let us know.

Charz wrote:
Ok this is my situation, ever since I was 12 I've had dark circles, now these dark circles are not from lack of sleep or allergies or anything like that, they are family genetics. Just about everyone in my family has dark circles. I'm now 18 and my dark circles are so bad today, they are blue and under my eyes. I've tried about 5 different types of creams including Hylexin cream, and maybe the creams have made the circles fade a tiny bit but thats still not good enough. I want a cream that is going to make a big change to them and prevent them from getting worse in the future. I've been doing some research on the internet to try and find the perfect cream that will get rid of them, I have found a cream called Milexin MD this is their website (can't post websites just google the product name "Milexin MD" to find their site)

Their cream sounds so convincing and I am so tempted to buy myself a jar but I don't want it to end up like the last creams and not seeing very clear results so if anyone here has tried this cream please tell me what results it gave you and I'd be interested if someone with my exact same problem got rid of their dark circles using a certain cream. I posted on yahoo answers asking what this Milexin MD cream was like and so far I've only had one reply from someone saying that the cream didn't work for them and they had used a cream called "eyevive" so I did some research on eyevive and the reviews on that cream are convincing but also the reviews on the MD Milexin cream are also convincing and right now I am stuck on what cream I should buy.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I also have had dark circles my whole life. Nothing really works.

I have tried:
Clinique (I can't rem the name)
Peter Thomas Roth Vit K cream
Hylexin - it stung my eyes and i had red swollen eyes for a few days
Easy Eye Solutions - didn't work for my dark rings at all. Did help my eye bags though

I find that SkinActives Bright-I does help a bit, and also Bio-Essence 24-K gold cream which helped lightened it a bit.

I actually posted a thread regarding home remedies that might help with dark rings which you can check out and are quite easy to do. I personally like the "hot cold treatment" best

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34004

The best way... is more sleep and a great pink based concealer (I use Bobbi Brown corrector, LOVE THIS. I have 2, one in my bag and one for home)

Good luck!!
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have also tried a lot of good eye creams till now, some of them are really hydrating and work for the fine lines, but none of them are working for the dark circles.
I think best way to address this problem is healthy diet and sufficient sleep time. And many people say that this works!
Good luck!
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Sleep (and a "healthy diet") will probably NOT help her dark circles. She's had them since she was 12. (was she sleep deprived at 12?) She's only 18 now. Her whole family has them. It sounds like a genetic and/or anatomical issue.
tomorrow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, beauty sleep does not eliminate dark circles but certainly helps to reduce. I have tried some eye creams or treatments but no results thus far.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
Sleep (and a "healthy diet") will probably NOT help her dark circles. She's had them since she was 12. (was she sleep deprived at 12?) She's only 18 now. Her whole family has them. It sounds like a genetic and/or anatomical issue.

My mum has very bad dark circles as well. And I have had mine since 18.

Sleeping early and enough does help reduce the dark circles. I also drink lots of water in the day.

Lets say I sleep at 10pm for 7 hours, my dark rings will be a lot better than if i slept at 3am for 7 hours.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:19 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
jakee wrote:

Sleeping early and enough does help reduce the dark circles. I also drink lots of water in the day.

Lets say I sleep at 10pm for 7 hours, my dark rings will be a lot better than if i slept at 3am for 7 hours.

It may help in some cases, but sleep doesn't help at all in others.

For example, my dark circles seem to be either caused by a mixture of allergies, genetics and thin skin under my eyes. Whilst I generally have problems in sleeping, my dark circles look no better at all on the occasions when I do manage to get a good night's sleep. I eat healthily, too.

I really wish they could be solved so easily for me. The only thing I've found to make a noticeable difference is Eye Tuck, and I have tried loads of products in the past.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
pristang wrote:
Wonder if there is any eye cream that really "work". I've tried lots of brands, Skin medica, clinique, exuviance, seems not much improvement on the lines and slight bags.

Exuviance did not work? I am just wondering if to try it as my next eye cream. But, except the anti-wrinkle, have you found any other result from this eye cream?
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:30 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
jakee wrote:

Is 7 hours enough for you?
For me, I have to sleep as long as 9 hours, and I do not find the sleeping time essential to me. I have got used to sleep at 3am everyday...
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
flyflyonly 7 hours is sufficient for me to be rested. And sleeping early does help. I read some reports about how your body (and skin) gets most rested and heals? itself from 10pm to 2am. So resting during that time will be most beneficial. Not sure how true is that but I attended a talk in school several years back where a beautician came to present about etiquette

majorb On the contrary, the easy eye solutions did nothing for my rings. I gave it to my mum to treat her bags though. I find that sleeping well and a proper diet is my best bet. I believe my dark rings are also a result in an allergic reaction to wheat and lactose products. So I try to stay away.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I am using a "yellow" concealer to hide the dark cicles. You can buy this concealer in any beauty stores, even Walmart. But you must use very lightly, not too heavy so it won't be obvious. It seems to work Smile

Charz wrote:

funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I actually use a red undertone concealer from Bobbi Brown called the eye corrector. This is the ONLY thing that has helped concealed my dark rings. After apply the red undertone concealer, I then apply a yellow under tone concealer (any concealer is fine). This combi completely hides my dark rings

You can pop by to youtube and watch some of Eve Pearl's make up tips. She uses the same technique as well. She markets a red under tone concealer called the salmon concealer. You can see the difference when she has applies the concealer
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
My 9-year-old cousin has dark circles, but he goes to sleep very late, like sometimes 11 pm, midnight, even 1 am, or as late as 5 am before. His dad doesn't set any rules for him. It's a bit better when he's with his mom, but he has that late habit. No matter how many hours you sleep if you go to bed late, it gives you that dark circles. It sucks. My dark circles do get better if I go to bed early. This means by 10 pm. Very Happy But I have not achieved that in so many years. It accumulates.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
I also have had dark circles my whole life. Nothing really works.

I have tried:
Clinique (I can't rem the name)
Peter Thomas Roth Vit K cream
Hylexin - it stung my eyes and i had red swollen eyes for a few days
Easy Eye Solutions - didn't work for my dark rings at all. Did help my eye bags though

I find that SkinActives Bright-I does help a bit, and also Bio-Essence 24-K gold cream which helped lightened it a bit.

I actually posted a thread regarding home remedies that might help with dark rings which you can check out and are quite easy to do. I personally like the "hot cold treatment" best

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34004

The best way... is more sleep and a great pink based concealer (I use Bobbi Brown corrector, LOVE THIS. I have 2, one in my bag and one for home)

Good luck!!

I want to try the Bright-I. Is it cheaper than the Bio-Essence 24-K Gold?
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I think it adds up

SAS Bright I
http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=17
tomorrow
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking of trying out Dr Renaud Eye care. Has anyone use it before? Any comments?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Tomorrow - I have used Dr. Renaud and it did not help with any eye issues - darkness and bags and under-eye wrinkles.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |