Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Moisturzer that doesn't give me Milia?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
What moisturizer's wouldn't give me Milia? I've tried one for dry skin and I think it gave me milia.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
If your skin isn't dry you don't need moisturizer

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Is your skin dry? If so where? and did you get the milia all over or just under the eye area? This information may help with a recommendation.

Alien is right though, if your skin is oily, you don't need to put moisturizer over your oily areas.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Avoid eye areas or use only serums. You can always add something richer to the dry areas but serum only near the eyes.
Barksdale
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:
Is your skin dry? If so where? and did you get the milia all over or just under the eye area? This information may help with a recommendation.

Alien is right though, if your skin is oily, you don't need to put moisturizer over your oily areas.

My skin is pretty dry. I used the moisturizer all over my face, and the milia appeared pretty much all over my skin.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Your cream could be containing something to which you are allergic (such as "cones") or is clogging your skin. You may want to consider a serum as suggested above, or a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic (sorry I can't spell), or one with salicylic acid which cleans out the pores. One serum I am using right now that doesn't clog my skin is Isomers One 3000 for Face (I use a lot of Isomers). It is in a sodium hyaluronic base, and does have some copper and peptides in it.

You may want to work on removing the milia BEFORE you risk another cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I suffer from blocked pores and have found that the best thing for my skin is to ditch the creams and just use a couple of drops of a good oil such as Jojoba, Emu, Pomegranate, Argan, etc.

I've also found that eating lots of dairy products seems to exacerbate the problem.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I suffer from blocked pores and have found that the best thing for my skin is to ditch the creams and just use a couple of drops of a good oil such as Jojoba, Emu, Pomegranate, Argan, etc.

I've also found that eating lots of dairy products seems to exacerbate the problem.

What's does exacerbate mean?

Anymore suggestions?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Barksdale wrote:
What's does exacerbate mean?

It means to make the problem worse. Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |