Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Teeth Whitener That Gave You Results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janoy
5% products discount

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Crest whitestrips etc and that seems to brighten the teeth but with some sensitivity.

I was told by my dentist a few years ago to use baking soda/hydrogen peroxide.

You dip your toothbrush into the baking soda and then pour small amount of hydrogen peroxide over that and brush your teeth. Don't swallow it!!

It gets your teeth sparkling clean and if you do it once a day your teeth will be whiter.

Is it as good as the strips, probably not as good, but it is something anyone can do, and the dentist told me that baking soda is non abrasive and won't strip the enamel. It's also a heck of a lot cheaper!!

Another trick you can use is a lip stick or gloss with a blue tint in it, which will make your teeth naturally whiter!! :D
health2u
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have used Crest whitestrips etc and that seems to brighten the teeth but with some sensitivity.

I was told by my dentist a few years ago to use baking soda/hydrogen peroxide.

You dip your toothbrush into the baking soda and then pour small amount of hydrogen peroxide over that and brush your teeth. Don't swallow it!!

It gets your teeth sparkling clean and if you do it once a day your teeth will be whiter.

Is it as good as the strips, probably not as good, but it is something anyone can do, and the dentist told me that baking soda is non abrasive and won't strip the enamel. It's also a heck of a lot cheaper!! Another trick you can use is a lip stick or gloss with a blue tint in it, which will make your teeth naturally whiter!! Very Happy

Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide work for most people who don't have a resistance to bleaching products. They don't work for me at all.

Just want to clarify: wearing lipstick that has blue in it will make your teeth APPEAR whiter, but it won't actually make your teeth whiter.
Janoy
5% products discount

Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I meant to say your teeth 'appear' whiter if you use blue tinted lipstick or gloss!!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. I'm going to get the Crest White strips to start. I have no problems with the enamel, it's just the stain of coffee, tea, wine, etc. Will let you know how it works on me!
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to bump this since I'm looking for a good teeth whitener. From the thread it looks like Crest White strips and Nite bright are good. Anyone have other suggestions?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
hi all,
i drink coffee all day... and really love the espresso too. my teeth were getting stained and i didn't want to go to the dentist. who does? Shock

i bought over $300 worth of teeth whiteners... crest white strips & pro, pearl white, etc, etc. they made the whiter parts of my teeth white but didn't do much for my coffee stains. also they made my gums very sensitive.

so i huffed and went to the dentist. the cleaning was $150 and my teeth were amazingly white and clean. yay! for maintenance i'm using my oral b pro electric toothbrush and mixing two toothpastes together. one is a peroxide formula (aquafresh extreme) and the other is a regular silica toothpaste (colgate total or arm&hammer baking soda).

it been a year and all is good and white!
but i'm still planning to go to the dentist for my annual teeth cleaning. for a while there i was avoiding him... but reflecting upon it... it costs less to keep my teeth white and healthy, and if there are any problems, its cheaper and less painful to catch it from the beginning.

i recommend the oral b pro! it really saved my teeth.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
The only thing that's worked for me is "LiquidSmile" but the downside is that it's $99 for one pen. It is 12% Hydrogen Peroxide though and really does work plus it's easy to use. Just wish it was cheaper.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I second (or third) the Plus White Five Minute gel. I've been whitening my teeth over the past few months as a reward for quitting smoking (yay me!). Here's why Plus White gets my vote:
-it's seriously like, $4 at target or walgreens. You will not find anything cheaper.
-one tube will last you months.
-it's easy to put on (I use a q-tip).
-it doesn't give me tooth sensitivity.
-I can't say it gives me overnight "whiteness" but I sort of like that - it took about 8 or 9 uses before anyone noticed enough to ask if I had been whitening my teeth. I liked that it was gradual and subtle.

I used Crest Whitestrips a few years ago and they hurt my teeth SO BAD! I can't even say the strips hurt while being used but a few hours later I would notice a dull ache ... it got to the point where I couldn't sleep because my teeth were hurting so badly. It hurt just to suck air in and out of my mouth (aka: to breath).

Also, to throw out a tip I learned from the crest whitestrips debacle: if you get tooth sensitivity, use an oral analgesic beforehand. They've got liquid ones at the drugstore - dip a qtip in the bottle and run it over your gums. It'll feel really weird and your teeth will go numb, but you'll also get relief/offset from that terrible, awful pain. I would've performed root canals on myself if I could have ... it was bad!

Be careful and good luck with your teeth!
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
had anyone tried the professional one in the dentist office before?

i am thinking to get one, but the price is really not cheap. should I just buy some kits and back home do it myself?

i know the professional one will give better result, but does it worth that much money??

please give some info, thanks a lot
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:

i am thinking to get one, but the price is really not cheap. should I just buy some kits and back home do it myself?

i know the professional one will give better result, but does it worth that much money??

Hi Hellen,

I had my teeth professionally whitened years ago by my dentist. Night White Trays are fantastic! In 2 weeks I had "dazzling results" that lasted. Very Happy Well worth the money!

I attribute the lasting to my "Brite Smile Whitening Pens" that I use for touch-ups everyday. I always keep one in my purse.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:
hellenzqq wrote:

Hi Hellen,

I had my teeth professionally whitened years ago by my dentist. Night White Trays are fantastic! In 2 weeks I had "dazzling results" that lasted. Very Happy Well worth the money!

I attribute the lasting to my "Brite Smile Whitening Pens" that I use for touch-ups everyday. I always keep one in my purse.

sounds interesting!! definitely will give it a try. thanks a lot!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Crest Whitestrips Supreme Professional Strength 84 strips
cost around 50 dollars..last a life time Smile didnt use all of them,,,didnt even complete the 21 day cycle,,,used it for 10 dyas i guess,,,,they r pretty storng,,makes ur teeth sensitive as long as u use it,,once stop,,,teeth get normal again...
only in 12 days they made a difference,,,teeth got lighter and whiter...i havent used these strips for 3 months now,,, but the result these strips gave me are is still there...my teeth has not become as yellow as they used t o be ..and i m still having lots of coffee and tea...
if u want a ver y very noticeable and perfect whitening,,,then go for teeth laser whitening,,its expenive though Smile
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the LISTERINE Whitening Quick Dissolving Strips before. They work quite well. And if you're on a budget, they're a deal at about $15 USD for 2 weeks worth. For me, they worked as well as the Crest Whitestrips.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
There is such a range in potential whitening products. In-office dental treatment is the most costly (obviously) and probably the only thing that will work if you have intrinsic staining (as in tetracycline staining).

At-home options I use are Crest Whitestrips and I also have a bleaching tray. In it I use Auro eardrops or Gly-oxide (both can be purchased over the counter at any Wal-mart type place. These are carbomide peroxide preps sold for other uses but effective as a bleaching agent. I will use these for a good half hour at a time.

You can also use either on a toothbrush and apply to the outer portion of your teeth - let sit on the tooth for any number of minutes and you will get some brightening effect. Really works for ridding yourself of daily coffee and tea stain.

Also the cheap, cheap option is rinsing with hydrogen peroxide - I put this in my mouth, focusing on the teeth. I take a shower and try to leave to work on the enamel for about 10 minutes or until I can't stand it anymore. Hydrogen peroxide will add a level of whitening - and as suggested is also good used with baking soda as a tooth polish solution.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |