Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
too faced shadow insurance - Better than imagined
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sophia1015
5% products discount

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I received the TFSI from EDS yesterday and tried it this morning. It makes the eyeshadow last much longer and the color look richer. I do love it!

Thanks, EDS!!!
yogagirl89
5% products discount

Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I am just about out of my UDPP (worked well for me but getting the product out of the cute little container was rather difficult) and want to try this next. Smile
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Its amazing! I love it and one tube goes a long way
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how this compares to Urban Decay's Primer?
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Do your eyelids feel dry at all when this is on?
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sutrish wrote:

Not at all.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
awesome! I love TFSI as well Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have never worn a primer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I have never worn a primer.

You should really try it at least once and see the big difference.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
yeah esp for eye make up. the shadow stays a lot longer and the color is more intense
doralee
5% products discount

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
How to apply it? before the eye shadow?
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Yes, this eyeshadow primer is really so amazing. Just apply just a little on the lid for a base, then apply the eyeshadow, the color of eyeshadow would turn to be very bright, and long-lasting than usual.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer TFSI over UDPP as UDPP is a little too dry for me. I have used TFSI for several months but recently find some oily stuff coming out of the tube before the real primer stuff - do I need to shake the tube then?
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
I prefer TFSI over UDPP as UDPP is a little too dry for me. I have used TFSI for several months but recently find some oily stuff coming out of the tube before the real primer stuff - do I need to shake the tube then?

Maybe you should change a new one. After all this product is used onto our eyes-a very sensitive part. Take care!
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
doralee wrote:
How to apply it? before the eye shadow?

Yes, first apply this primer on your eye lid, then apply your eyeshadow on this primer.
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sutrish wrote:

I had written on another thread about eyeshadow that I would review this after I tried it. Well, it definitely does keep your shadow nice and crease free all day. I have very oily skin around my eyes so I need some kind of primer. Well, as I said this works, but it does make my skin rather dry and flaky. Soooo, I have found that I actually have to apply moisturizer to my oily eyelids, Ugh Rolling Eyes then apply the TFSI and then shadow. Seems like alot, but even with the extra moisture my shadow stays all day. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
Does anyone know how this compares to Urban Decay's Primer?

Urban Decay primer is more suitable for oily skin, while too faced primer is suitable for normal/dry skin.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I just got a sample of both with my Sephora order so I am saving them for Mexico for my son's wedding. Anything that can help keep the eyeshadow on longer is a hit with me.
I am thinking of maybe ordering one to have so I might have to get more samples to try them and then make a final decision.
Does it make the makeup hard to remove?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it's much better than Urban Decay!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
After trying both UDPP and Too faced shadow insurance, I really prefer Too faced. Both of them work well, I think but the packaging in UDPP and subsequent waste of product just isn't worth the hassle. If Urban Decay ever rethinks it's ridiculous tube and inability for end users to use up all of it I MAY be persuaded to try it again.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
After trying both and putting them to the extremes with the Playacar heat, humidity and extreme long hours (not to mention wedding tears)
they both worked better than expected. Now what to do do? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Based on these reviews, I ordered this. It really does seem to prevent creasing and make the shadow "truer" in color. I don't find it drying at all. Unlike the Cargo eyeprimer, this one doesn't change the color of your lids, so if you need to camouflage your lid color, this won't do it. But as a pure base primer, it is very nice. And the tube is hygenic--no pot to dip brushes or fingers into--but you can squeeze out all the product, unlike the Urban Decay doe-foot tube primer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I also want to try this but not too sure about it since UDPP made my eyes swollen up for 2 days. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
After trying both UDPP and Too faced shadow insurance, I really prefer Too faced. Both of them work well, I think but the packaging in UDPP and subsequent waste of product just isn't worth the hassle. If Urban Decay ever rethinks it's ridiculous tube and inability for end users to use up all of it I MAY be persuaded to try it again.

This was totally why I was yearning to switch from UDPP to Too Faced as well -- but then I tried a tester at Sephora and a bunch of separated oily gunk game out, so I gave up on it.

Do any of you Too Faced users have a sense of how long the tube lasts before it starts to separate? And can you smoosh/shake it around to re-mix it, or do you have to give up on it at that point? I don't go through my UDPP very fast, so I wouldn't want to switch to a primer that had to constantly be replaced.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
This is one of a few Benefit products I love the Lemon Aide shadow primer, I tend to get oily lids and this works for me, it does lighten the whole area from lashline to the brows, but doesn't interfere with my shadow colors at all! I also find it looks great with a little mascara on it's own for not much makeup days! It isn't drying for me, don't let the yellow color scare you doesn't look yellow on! I apply with a brush, but have a few, so I wash them often.

IMHO
DM

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |