Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has Anyone Had "Work" Done On Face Or Body?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone has had any work done to their face and how much did it really hurt afterwards? The Docs always say it isn't that bad. My girlfriend and I are considering getting our little nips and tucks here and there. I told her to go first this time. I'm usually the one jumping into something first, now it is her turn. We both went to the same doc together with all our little concerns...We are both 50 and we both don't look it. We don't want to look like we are in our 20's either. We talked tummy tucks, which I heard hurts like crazy and lipo which would be done in the fall because it's so hot here... if we decide to go beyond the face. Oh heck I've been married for almost 30 years and my husband doesn't care what I get done. He said if you want to get a tit on your butt go ahead...what ever makes you happy. So has anyone had anything done that has truely made it worth it all??? Oh and also all the risk involved in elective surgery..as I sit here with a massive bandage on my poor little puffy foot.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
a more informative and appropriate forum would be makemeheal.com which is devoted to the whole subject of PS.I would start there and just read the threads and post questions there.By the way,yes it hurts and recovery is usually longer than ANY dr will admit!I was told a couple weeks for a FL,it took me over 2 months.Do your research...thats the key to having a good outcome.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much...I will head over there. 2 mons for a FL yikes...and here I sit with a foot surgery and it's only been 10 days and I'm going nuts to get this bandage off. Maybe I'm not the best candidate for an elective procedure.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
just dont get the lifestyle lift....it wont last and then you will have to get a second facelift.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyluc - Your two month recovery - was this for swelling to go down and to start looking normal... or for pain... or for numbness... What I'm asking is What is it that took the two month time frame? That's a long time to feel normal.... But I had a friend who did nose and breasts at the same time and she was a mess for a month. Looks good though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have had some twin mom friends of mine get tummy tucks. They claim the the healing time is not much worse than a C-section...

I've had a c-section, You're up and walking by days end, (hunched over), and moving pretty well within 4 days.

The pain would not prevent me from seeking a tummy tuck... Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was break dancing at my brothers wedding two weeks after my first C-section at age 30. My C-section at age 38 was a different story. Confused So maybe age influences this somewhat???

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Who knows what makes the difference. I live in an area where the young new moms are 35. I was 34. Lots of my friends had them between the ages of 32 and 42. I think everyone recovered rather quickly. Of course, there's hardly a choice about getting your act together when you have twins. LOL!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I had an upper and lower eyelid bleph and it took the full 14 days until the stitches came out to wear makeup and another 1-2 months for swelling, bruising, redness and everything to be be TOTALLY gone. Love it and don't regret it at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I had an upper and lower eye bleph. I was allergic to the cream the doctor gave me to put on afterwards and this caused suffering of the worst kind. However, without the allergy, the whole thing would have been a cake-walk. You look like crap for a week or so but at least you can wear sunglasses. I'd recommend the procedure to anybody - as long as you need it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
not so for some surgery,everyone is different.It took a long time for me because I developed a hematoma on my jawline,no way could I go to work with that!It took 2 months for it to go away.A facelift is a longer recovery.The eyes only take a couple weeks but takes a couple months for the scar to flatten out.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies. I really want an upper lid lift. Botox only last so long and I want something more permanent. I need to get back into my exercises, and get this 50yr old body into shape. Then I'll be able to see what I should and shouldn't get done. I use to exercise like a maniac but then developed some health issues, one being MS. Now that I'm dealing with that better, I gotta get with the program. No more excuses for me. Before I do anything I always talk to my doctors, that includes getting botox Smile .
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
The one thing that I did that I am very happy with is lipo of the abs. I am a small person, clothes were getting so they wouldn't fit and I had to wear Business Casual to work, so it was getting expensive. That was the weirdest feeling because I have always been little. I had it done probably 6 or so years ago, stomach is flat I am back in a size 7. I was told once you have it done it will not come back to those areas. He was very surprised to get 2-2liter bottles out. You have to wear this corset type thing to help compress the skin back to normal. My skin did shrink back. I went in for a tummy tuck, he talked me out of it because of the large scar.

I know there is another Lipo alternative being done now, not sure how that works though
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just had foot surgery to remove a weird mass..Let me tell you it hurts like hell and it has been 3 wks. So now I'm rethinking the whole elective surgery. I'm not a very good patient. Of course smacking the foot into the wall in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom didn't help it one bit Rolling Eyes . I woke the dogs the husband the neighbors at 3 am cursing like...well you get the picture. If my friend goes in first for her tummy tuck that she wants then I'll go. She is a bigger whiner then me. I've already got the surgeon all picked out.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I have had a nose job, a lower bleph (minor adjustment) and a bullhorn lip lift (just over three months ago and which I may have to have repeated as the lip returned to its previous position below my tooth-ends. Grr!) Absolutely no pain or trauma and I recovered from all within a week. I could also cover everything with makeup as soon as the stitches were out. I took arnica beforehand for a week and stopped taking garlic, vitamin E and aspirin, to reduce bleeding/bruising.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I've decided on a mid-face/cheek lift for myself with a very reputable surgeon that only deals in faces. The plan is to get it over the winter months. Not sure how much difference there is in recovery time versus an actual full face lift. From what I have read it seems to take a few months for all the swelling to go down with the mid as well.

In the mean time though, I am going to see what dermal fillers will do for these darn cheeks of mine. I hate this flat channel across my cheek area...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |