Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Need Help From One of the Experts!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I am in an online discussion with some grad students in dermatology, some sunscreen developers, etc. and they are challenging me on the micro-inflammation issue - wanting to understand it further (the invisible undetectable type of inflammation) and now I cannot find the reference material.

I went to the dermarolling articles, but did not find it there - can anyone remind me where the research was on this issue so I can refer them to it?

I am hoping to come back and share some of the info here too, from them.

Thanks, BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this will have the info in it you are looking for or not.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860&highlight=dermaroller+articles

You could also PM Bethany and see if she has any of the information or know where on the thread you can find it?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl, you are always soooo helpful, thank you so much for always chiming in for me.

Do you drink Starbucks by any chance? LOL

I have already sent some of these along - was hoping to find the reference that was less about rolling and more about micro-inflammation.

Still looking! Thanks, BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi rileygirl, you are always soooo helpful, thank you so much for always chiming in for me.

Do you drink Starbucks by any chance? LOL

I have already sent some of these along - was hoping to find the reference that was less about rolling and more about micro-inflammation.

Still looking! Thanks, BF

Laughing Not Starbucks, but I LOVE my coffee!

I'll keep looking for you, as well, BFgirl. I am curious as to their take on this, as well!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I can repeat the advice from over there so far -

Recommended:

Serums:

C+E+Ferulic

Biomedic brand

Azaleic Acid for Acne

Ectoin as an antioxidant

Sunscreens - most important - physical over chemical except for Bioderma and Avene Emulsion

Will report back more after they answer some of my questions.

BF
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Don't know whether this will be of any interest to you. The article recommends LED treatments for dealing with micro-inflammation - but then it's by the Curelight people.

http://www.curelight.com/_Uploads/80Photorejuvenation.pdf

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 am      Reply with quote
I've never heard of Azaleic acid for acne. I use salycilic acid & glycolic acid.... Can you tell me more about this, and what percentages are used in what kind of compound? Is this something you can DIY?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I've never heard of Ectoin either. I did a quick search on Google, but couldn't find any skin care brands that use this ingredient. Barefootgirl, is this something for oral consumption or topical use? Would anyone have more info on this? Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:23 am      Reply with quote
butterflyrainbow wrote:
I've never heard of Azaleic acid for acne. I use salycilic acid & glycolic acid.... Can you tell me more about this, and what percentages are used in what kind of compound? Is this something you can DIY?

Finacea Gel contains Azaleic Acid - see this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30513&highlight=finacea+gel

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
In case anyone is interested regarding the Ectoin.

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Aktion=ShowFulltext&ArtikelNr=80216&Ausgabe=230372&ProduktNr=224194

There is an Isomers product that contains ectoin. As well as Shiseido Bio Performance Super Restoring Cream and Rare Minerals Skin Revival Night Treatment.

Link for the isomers product:

http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?familyid=C23320&storeid=1&track=-20101&page=LIST&free_text=desert%20youth&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Wow what luck! I picked up a bottle of the Rare Minerals products when I went on holiday a couple months ago and completely forgot about it after I got home Laughing . I just dug it out from the back of my bathroom cabinet and will start using it tomorrow!! I checked out the Isomers product and while it looks like it should have a higher percentage of Ectoin as it is #2 on the list of ingredients, it is too bad that it contains silicones as well as the Shiseido product (I'm not a fan of silicones..). Anyways, a huge thanks to both BFgirl and rileygirl for alerting me to this hot new ingredient!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link to the azaleic thread. I read most of it and it seems like its worth trying!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |