Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Amazing product that increases youthful beauty. Must have..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I know many of us are makeup and skin junkies and so many products/purchases do not work out for us. I am so excited about a wonderful find... that I had to share it with you all....

Before I tell you the products I must do the Oscar award ceremony and give....
...Thanks to Antonia who brought this idea to my attention a long while back.
What I'm talking about is what she has termed: The all-important triangle of youth. This is a triangular shaped area adjacent to the nose, and under the eye (inner eye). It is a small area and I've asked Antonia to please share the diagram with us.... A picture will tell a 1000 words. So hope she will hop aboard....

How you do it:
You apply a pale blue-whitish product in this distinct area and you have a beautiful result that reflects light and opens the eyes and provides a look of youth. AAAAhhhh = yes, tis a beautiful thing.

The products I have tried and tested for this are ColorScience Eyes Wide Open and also Signature Clubs Anchorwoman blue available from shopping networks (or if you're like me I found a killer deal on Ebay for $10.00/free shipping.)

I like both products - but must tell the truth.... The Signature clubs Anchorwoman blue stole the show for moi.

It is subtle and is meant to be - so blend well... the beauty of it is, as most of us know those subtle things are the things that make a difference. You know... when someone (YOU) looks good but you can't quite figure what is different ... just that you look better. Cool, Huh!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanx for sharing this info Sister. I can't wait to see the diagram, I can't figure out exactly where you mean.
C'mon Antonia, must see diagram. Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'll give her a nudge Mishey.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh ahhh...I did it ladies! Here's the permalink to the full post on my blog http://halfahundred.blogspot.com/2009/07/looking-younger-makeup-tips.html. You need to sweep it out from the inner eye corner and blend it in very well. The Anchorwoman Blue is a heavier product than the Colorscience product. Don't pull it down too far on the cheek. You don't want it to look too obvious. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sistersweets, thank you for sharing this simple tip! I love it when it's easy to do and doesn't require yet another purchase.

Antonia, first time I've visited your blog - how the heck did I miss this one! You're a wealth of information and your pics are absolutely amazing!

Okay, just wanted to stop and thank the two of you..... back to Antonia's blog!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd - Isn't it great? So glad you found Antonia's blog. And this tip is truly to die for. Enjoy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Well thank you Smile and thanks Sis for posting this tip for all to see. If anyone likes those wheels that contain the green color to tone down red, and a few shades of concealer, Lise Watier has a product called Portfolio, which also contains the correct blue to use for this. (It is referred to as "lilac.")

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Oooh ahhh...I did it ladies! Here's the permalink to the full post on my blog http://halfahundred.blogspot.com/2009/07/looking-younger-makeup-tips.html. You need to sweep it out from the inner eye corner and blend it in very well. The Anchorwoman Blue is a heavier product than the Colorscience product. Don't pull it down too far on the cheek. You don't want it to look too obvious. Very Happy

I ordered the Colorscience product from EDS after reading Antonia's blog. I can't wait to get it and try it! Antonia, is this the "last step" after applying other make-up?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl, yes... just before powder if you use it. With the Colorescience product (Eyes Wide Open) let it sit for a minute or so before blending as it will become a little less liquidy in that time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Antonia! Can't wait to try this tip!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
The color wheel looks really cool (multi-tasking!) I remember reading about it months back and even looked at buying it then.

Rileygirl - The ColorScience product does start out on the runny side. It is sheer and soft in tone and you need very little - It's amazing how the bluish cast makes the difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Rileygirl - The ColorScience product does start out on the runny side. It is sheer and soft in tone and you need very little - It's amazing how the bluish cast makes the difference.

Thanks, Sis. I hope I can get the hang of it! I started looking at pictures of ahem younger people, and they do have this "triangle of youth"!
havana8

Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Is it possible to have it work even if I am not using any powder or foundation over top? Or will it look lilac or blue on the skin then? I saw the Lise Watier palette at Shopper's Drug Mart yesterday. Do you prefer it to the Colorscience?

Thanks, Sis & Antonia!! I think I finally get it now.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
It doesn't look blue once you have applied it. Just pat gently to blend in, see if you like the intensity of it and, if not, pat it in some more. I actually prefer the Anchorwoman Blue and the Lise Watier product as it is a little thicker and more manageable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Havana - I don't use undereye concealor, base or powder - just the 'blue/white' in the triangle and lightly blend - keep it soft. Don't be tempted to add - I use it (lightly!) and then check in the car or in a different mirror to see if it's "working". And it is. Less is More!

If I could find the lise watier I'd be all over it!!! It looks like a multi-use product and I know Antonia really likes the lilac tone for the triangle.

Can I ask - how much for the Lise Watier compact? Are you in Canada? thanks... Always love it when Havana checks in Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
The Portfolio is $29 Canadian...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia - thank you so much!! WOW. I'm in my early 30's so I never much paid attention to using makeup to look younger before, but I tried your blue corrector technique and WOW. I keep staring at my face and realizing how HUGE a difference it makes!

(I used MAD Minerals blue corrector since it's what I have on hand)

Edit: So I've been looking through my own photos (I have a friend who is a photographer so I am lucky enough to get very good face/head shots every so often), and at 31 (32 in a few months) I DO still see this "triange of youth" on my own skin, but the light-reflection area is being encroached upon the beginnings of fine lines and some undereye bagginess. It's really interesting, and now I know where to use my blue corrector! Thank you!!!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am so happy for you, Maiea! Now you need to address the very young wrinkles so that they fade gently away Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
this is one of my favorite places to highlight- it really does enhance a youthful/'innocent' look. i'm really pale so i use an aromaleigh powder that's about three shades lighter and nearly white.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, trust me I've been trying to! I've gotten rid of my forehead creases and the lines around my mouth once I realized I had to start using anti-aging products (copper peptides and a variety of different skin creams for me), but one thing that refuses to go away are these little creases under my eyes! (And some dark circles and a bit of droopiness) I feel like I've tried so many different eye serums and creams, but they're stubborn.

I just read your blog about getting rid of your undereye lines so I just ordered myself a jar of the Bright-I cream. I can't seem to find the youth serum you're talking about though?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
I can't seem to find the youth serum you're talking about though?

It is IS Clinical Youth Serum. They sell it here on EDS.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Either I had a spontaneous combustion of wrinkles or this worked for me... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
maiea wrote:
I can't seem to find the youth serum you're talking about though?

Is that the "IS Clinical Youth Complex"? I can't find a serum called "Youth Serum" But I found the above. It is $56 for the small and $135 for the large size right?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:

Is that the "IS Clinical Youth Complex"? I can't find a serum called "Youth Serum" But I found the above. It is $56 for the small and $135 for the large size right?[/quote]

That's the one, maiea!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, it's the complex, not the serum...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |