Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The ten most important supplements for beautiful skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
HI all, I just posted an article on supplements for skin, including my favorite, L-carnosine. http://halfahundred.blogspot.com/2009/07/ten-most-important-supplements-for.html

OMG! Just spotted that post down there about a Korres sale. I hope I'm not too late. Their black mascara is hte best ever.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
amazing Antonia, I just happen to take all of those, with the addition of a couple of things like hyaluronic acid. I ended up with the same combo when researching what was good for inflammation and joints after having a bit of trouble with them...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent! I've not tried HA in supplemental form. Oops. Something weird just happened to my screen. Hope this comes out OK. Yes, I've been taking the same supplements for a few years. I swear by them. My sis is always telling me that I "should get all that in the foods you eat" but there are many substances that aren't present in foods or not present in significant quantity. L-Carnosine for example, if you are vegetarian. My neighbour had very rough, dry-looking skin and started this regimen last year. Her skin looks way better these days and she has received many compliments. All she did was to add the supplements. She still used Nivea as her face cream Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, can you tell me the brands you use for the supplements? I am interested in brands for the Turmeric, ALA, L Carnosine, and the Omega3. (Sorry if you listed this somewhere, but I missed it if you did!)
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl,

Turmeric is Doctor's Best Curcumin C3 Complex with Bioperine (to enhance absorption); ALA is Jarrow Formulas Alpha Lipoic Sustain 300 with Biotin, L-Carnosine is Now L-Carnosine 500mg, and Omega-3 is Sisu Omega-3 from Fish Oil, 1000mg.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Antonia!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, where have you read about L-Carnosine ?

Or is it something only I do not know Smile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshine, I am not quite sure what you mean here. (Having a thick day...) I have often written about L-carnosine and its benefit to the skin, in consumer health magazines, so much of my writing is off the top of my head. I find that the Life Extension Foundation is my main source of info with references. If you Google L-carnosine and skin, you will find a lot of info on glycation and cross-linking. I hope I answered that correctly. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Re: L Carnosine - Try getting on iherb.com and type in l-carnosine and then you can read a blurb there. From an anti-aging standpoint it may help support cellular rejuvenation by keeping telomeres from breaking. This is good from an anti-aging standpoint facially as well. Then you can buy the vitamin at a great price Very Happy
So many supplements out there you can easily get overwhelmed. need to focus it down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I wholeheartedly agree about L-Carnosine - a great anti-aging supplement.I use mine in the morning shake (it is in powder form).

I do have a question - a while ago there was a discussion about HA and cancer (there was some research suggesting HA helps it spread). There is a supplement getting wonderful reviews (Doctor's best HA ..) that supposedly helps a lot with arthritis. I would love to try it, but am a bit scared. Does anyone have any insights?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma, the evidence that hyaluronic acid may facilitate tumour growth was addressed and referenced on Dr. Pickart's website:

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5220011852/m/3700000543

Several studies SUGGEST that elevated HA levels contribute towards tumour progression. I definitely wouldn't ingest it as I think more studies are needed to ensure its safety.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
And HA is one of my daily staples Surprised . Really plumps the lip tissues....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sis, do you swallow it or put it on your lips?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |