Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
clinique-Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
The Clarifying Lotion 2 has too much alcohol

I like iquid Facial Soap Mild better
michxly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
So many people with combination-oily skin swear by the clinique oil-free gel moisturizer. Does any one know if it has anything irritating in it?
newbiely
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I used the lotion a long time ago,smells bad and no effect on me.Can't understand it sells so well
onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
i used some products of clinique before, it doesn't give me a good result, so i give up, i don't know more about skin, but i am sure it don't suitable for my skin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
It just goes to show some is just great genetics! I have a friend that is 73 and has used the original 3 step system for years and has no wrinkles! Her mom passed away at 93 and had that same great skin, go figure?

DM

5% products discount

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:29 am      Reply with quote
My mum always used to buy me the dramatically different moisturizing lotion but then when I had to pay for it myself the price always killed me. Then it stopped working on my skin, probably because I was only using a very small amount unlike before when I'd happily pump it out. Maybe I'll give it another go someday.
suew57
5% products discount

Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Clinque for years and have now tried Sothy's. I didn't release how much DDML sat on top of my skin until I tried Sothy's. I'm sure my Clinque will be donated to my sister.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:18 am      Reply with quote
michxly wrote:
So many people with combination-oily skin swear by the clinique oil-free gel moisturizer. Does any one know if it has anything irritating in it?

I have normal skin most of the time thesdays and the gel seems to make my skin more dry after a few days.

I even have the men's gel here..before there was no "women's gel" and just the men's face moisture gel in the grey tube.
That also used to be cheaper than the yellow women's one.

I doubt I will be rebuying,but I'm going to try and use up the cream anyways.

I think Complex 15 from the drugstore is better
Eucerin CoQ10 is also really good and much cheaper.

I even tried a fragrance free body lotion on my face and like that more than clinique.
Deep Steep fragrance free body lotion.
the lotion is extremely light and did not bother my skin.
only $10 also Smile
you can buy it online at many places.
it is also 100% natural and no silicones.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I used the 3 steps in my teens. The DDML made my skin burn, and when I took it back to Clinique the SA told me it couldn't be b/c it was for sensitive skin Rolling Eyes That entire experience totally turned me off of Clinique - mostly the harshness of the 3 step system.

I haven't used Clinique in 25 yrs, and while I'm sure it has changed/improved, I think there are MUCH better skin care lines out there.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I used the 3 steps in my teens. The DDML made my skin burn, and when I took it back to Clinique the SA told me it couldn't be b/c it was for sensitive skin Rolling Eyes That entire experience totally turned me off of Clinique - mostly the harshness of the 3 step system.

I haven't used Clinique in 25 yrs, and while I'm sure it has changed/improved, I think there are MUCH better skin care lines out there.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
i have used 3 step in my 20. i think it used comfortable.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was once a Clinique counter person. I do not like most of their products. I don't find Dramatically Different lotion to be very moisturizing and it's kinda oily. I do like their spot treatment for acne...that's about it.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I recently got some samples of this along with the clarifying lotion and liquid facial soap...and my skin is still looking awful from 2 weeks ago! Speak to the hand I have also tried the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, and found it made my skin sting! Confused For some reason I always get sucked in by Clinique products (maybe it's they're advertising Question ), yet they generally never ever seem to suit my skin or improve my skin in any way. The only product I quite like is the Moisture Surge, but find it's a bit overpriced where I live (Australia).
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use DDML when I first 'upgraded' skincare lines. Clinique was the first brand I used. It isn't cheap and the results are nowhere near as good as you can get from many other skincare lines. In fact, my daughter's skin is doing much better on Bellaboo than mine ever did on Clinique.

5% products discount

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
i have the 3 steps, i just like the cleanser, but toner and DDML is terrible
Now i'm using cheap drugstore toner of Garnier and moisturizer of l'Oréal and it's better
Clinique 3-steps is way too expensive but it doesn't help me at all
Aicha007
5% products discount

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin.. I do love Clinique's moisturiser.. but it is very expensive! So after that ran out, I went to Body Shop and was recommended their Seaweed moisturiser for combination skin.. and I must say it is very disappointing.. although cheaper than Clinique, it is still pricey (i think £8?).. so I figure next time I'll just save the difference and go for the clinique moisturiser again!

However, I've been using the Clinique 3 step system for the past year and this past month with Clarisonic.. it does leave my skin feeling super soft, but it hasn't prevented breakouts or helped with any of the redness.. so although I think there is an improvement in the quality of my skin, my problems still remain. lol so even though i feel elated by how my skin feels, i soon become deflated if anyone points out my blemishes!

I've become so accustomed to the Clinique 3 steps and I do love them despite the lack of improvement.. may be its just false reassurance.. but I think I will jazz my skin care routine up a bit by having a salicylic acid peel and adding vit C to the mornings and retin A at night? Anyway, at this point in time, the Body Shop Seaweed moisturiser is giving my skin absolutely zilch moisture - so I'm just combining it with a bit of Bio Oil.. probably not the best idea..

Oh and in terms of their advertising - I think I do get suckered into pruchasing from them again and again despite the lack of success, not only for the feel of my skin as i mentioned above, but also because I feel i'm somehow getting good value for money? lol Clinique bonus time is terrible! Especially when they give you all these free bits and bobs..

The one thing I do love from Clinique and am completely satisfied with is their Sun protection - Super City Block, SPF 40.. love it - quite moisturising for my moistureless areas
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I used clinique 3 step in my teens, it works well when I was having oily skin. Since my 20, I will only use it during winter. It just too oily to me in other seasons
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
For clinique, my fav product is the all about eye eye mask, so moisturizing!!
JonnyNJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I sold Clinique for a while. We sold more cosmetics in terms of dollars and pieces than any of the other cosmetic lines. This was the case in other stores as well.

Although Clinique may seem expensive to some, the price per ounce of the products is far less than other lines such as Estee Lauder, Lancome, Shiseido, etc.

Up until recently, Clinique recommended DDML for all skin types. Strangely enough, there are many women, and I really do mean many and of all age groups who love the DDML and a lot who love the 3-Step. We sold more DDML than any of the other moisturizers and maybe more than the others combined. It seemed weird to me as it has no active ingredients. It was the only moisturizer that a lot of women said they could use and that may be why.

If you notice, the price for the "Gift" is always the price of the DDML.

I always considered the DDML to basically be colored mineral oil. I would use it over my regular moisturizer in winter as a barrier. I don't believe that it moisturizes that well but it really does keep the moisture that's in your skin from evaporating.

The mild clarifying lotion has salicylic acid and no alcohol. The others contain alcohol with the #4 also containing salicylic acid. I used to mix the mild and #4 together in varying proportions depending on the season- 3/4 mild in the winter and 1/4 mild in the summer.

I found that even the mild soap was too drying for me and I have normal skin. None of the soaps remove makeup well.

I like the DDML enough during the winter that after reading this thread I may get some for snow shoveling days although I am probably better off just using jojoba or emu oil under my moisturizer.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
michxly wrote:

I have normal skin most of the time thesdays and the gel seems to make my skin more dry after a few days.

I even have the men's gel here..before there was no "women's gel" and just the men's face moisture gel in the grey tube.
That also used to be cheaper than the yellow women's one.

I doubt I will be rebuying,but I'm going to try and use up the cream anyways.

I think Complex 15 from the drugstore is better
Eucerin CoQ10 is also really good and much cheaper.

I even tried a fragrance free body lotion on my face and like that more than clinique.
Deep Steep fragrance free body lotion.
the lotion is extremely light and did not bother my skin.
only $10 also Smile
you can buy it online at many places.
it is also 100% natural and no silicones.

I agree the Eucerin products and Complex 15 moisturiers have better ingredients and I get better results.

I have a huge (200 ml) tube of Eucerin Calming Cream that was approximately $10.00 cdn. This moisturizes better than DDML. It absorbs quickly even though it is a heavier cream and I can apply under my eyes.

The Complex 15 is lighter weight and more suitable for normal to oily skin. It is under $10.00 cdn.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:53 am      Reply with quote
I used to use the Clinique 3 step range when i was a teenager and uni student. It worked really well, controlled my breakouts, etc.

However, I found it wasnt that effective for me, as i was moving to my 30s, especially to combat my dehydration and gave me breakouts. Despite the Clinique girls suggesting i change the number to a different one, it still didnt work. It was either too rich, or not suitable.

Sad to say, i dont use Clinique 3 step anymore.
But I would say for the younger crowd, its a good product range.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I used to use DDML during my late teens and when I was 20.

I thought that it was one of the best moisturizers that I've ever used. Unlike most moisturizers, the lotion didn't irritate my skin at all and hydrated it well. It also didn't cause any break outs. The gel was a different story, however.

I had to stop, however, because that's all it did. I needed a moisturizer that combats hyperpigmentation and that has more antioxidants.

After quitting the DDML, I used Makari's night treatment cream. That product is made for skin of color. It's a great product. I no longer use that right because of cost. But I might switch back to it sometime in the future. It's so difficult to find good products for skin of color.

The DDML was the only Clinique product that I used. I didn't use any of their toners and cleansers, but my sister did.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
JonnyNJ wrote:
I sold Clinique for a while. We sold more cosmetics in terms of dollars and pieces than any of the other cosmetic lines. This was the case in other stores as well.

Although Clinique may seem expensive to some, the price per ounce of the products is far less than other lines such as Estee Lauder, Lancome, Shiseido, etc.

Up until recently, Clinique recommended DDML for all skin types. Strangely enough, there are many women, and I really do mean many and of all age groups who love the DDML and a lot who love the 3-Step. We sold more DDML than any of the other moisturizers and maybe more than the others combined. It seemed weird to me as it has no active ingredients. It was the only moisturizer that a lot of women said they could use and that may be why.

If you notice, the price for the "Gift" is always the price of the DDML.

I always considered the DDML to basically be colored mineral oil. I would use it over my regular moisturizer in winter as a barrier. I don't believe that it moisturizes that well but it really does keep the moisture that's in your skin from evaporating.

The mild clarifying lotion has salicylic acid and no alcohol. The others contain alcohol with the #4 also containing salicylic acid. I used to mix the mild and #4 together in varying proportions depending on the season- 3/4 mild in the winter and 1/4 mild in the summer.

I found that even the mild soap was too drying for me and I have normal skin. None of the soaps remove makeup well.

I like the DDML enough during the winter that after reading this thread I may get some for snow shoveling days although I am probably better off just using jojoba or emu oil under my moisturizer.

This cracks me up because I have a friend who is 75 with awesome skin, she has used the DDML (only) for over 30 years! I think in a way it shows how good genes do indeed play a part in wrinkling and sag! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:14 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon,

Lifestyle also plays an important role. And your outlook on your life is also important too.

I find that those who've age the most gracefully (Jennifer Beals, Christie Brinkley, and Renee Jones to name a few) are those who have a genuinely cheerful demeanor.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:38 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
DarkMoon,

Lifestyle also plays an important role. And your outlook on your life is also important too.

I find that those who've age the most gracefully (Jennifer Beals, Christie Brinkley, and Renee Jones to name a few) are those who have a genuinely cheerful demeanor.

I realize this, but this woman smoked from her teens until over 70, was in a terrible accident at 69, had major back surgery due to the accident, a hip replacement, knee replacement, 2 very bad marriages, ect. ect.....However she and I can talk for hours and laugh at many things including things that were not great in our lives so I would say we are both optimistic and cheerful. But to go through all of that and stay wrinkle and sag free at her age I do believe our genetics play a huge role. JMHO Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |