Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any of you try the DPL therapy light device on NCN?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I do not know a lot about this, but I like the fact that it is not hand held.
I was thinking about getting a device like this one, to supplement with my Prolight treatments?

Any thoughts?

It may have weaker lights,I am guessing? Confused

30 y.o., fair hr, grn eyes; Retin-a user abt 10 yrs (Mom on it for 30 yrs..looks amazing!) C-user (Now experimenting w/DIY forms); dermaroller (not regularly); Home Peels; Prolight user (not consistent) Emu oil; Former Obagi user (bad rebound hyperigmentation) EDS forum LOVER!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
It is considered weaker but I have one and I like it. I also have a prolight red.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mandapanda,

Which prolight do you have and what is your schedule?

Jimm

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Oh my.....Nanci has new lights...we have to check these out!!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Oh my.....Nanci has new lights...we have to check these out!!!!!

WOW!!! That's the Dermawave!

Have you read the full article (NCN homepage, at the bottom on the right side)?

Awesome!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
The Dermawave looks awesome! Rough prices , though.. Shock

As far as which prolight I have..it is the platinum. I haven't been all that consistent with it...When I was my hyperpigmentation went way down..
But, oh: Summer is rough! Gonna start using it again, pronto! Very Happy

30 y.o., fair hr, grn eyes; Retin-a user abt 10 yrs (Mom on it for 30 yrs..looks amazing!) C-user (Now experimenting w/DIY forms); dermaroller (not regularly); Home Peels; Prolight user (not consistent) Emu oil; Former Obagi user (bad rebound hyperigmentation) EDS forum LOVER!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm drooling over that light of Nanci's... I WANT one... Sounds awesome!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Dermawave does look good, ( but UGGH on the price, lol!).

I wonder if they do a payment plan like you could on the Quasar model. (the pro-model), they would let you make monthly payments over a year.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
mandapanda wrote:
The Dermawave looks awesome! Rough prices , though.. Shock

As far as which prolight I have..it is the platinum. I haven't been all that consistent with it...When I was my hyperpigmentation went way down..
But, oh: Summer is rough! Gonna start using it again, pronto! Very Happy

Hmm, does that mean the results with LED aren't permanent? or was it just new and "unique" hyperpigmentation caused by the sun?
llee35
5% products discount

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi there. New to the EDS forum. Love the information and contributions. Thanks so much. I have a DPL and have found it to be great. You have to be patient, as with anything there are no miracles, but there are definite changes. It is easier than the 'arm-breaking' hand helds, that is for sure. If anyone is interested, I know of a coupon code that can save around $35 when buying one. I have the web address somewhere in the mountain of paperwork on my desk. Will look for it if anyone is interested. Also, as far as the strength is concerned it is certainly not one of the weaker ones - not where the at-home machines are concerned. In fact, I think they state they are more efficient than the Baby Quasar and others.
llee35
5% products discount

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I have not found the coupon code yet, but I did find the address to the site. All the information you need on LED light therapy is there, their machine in comparison with others, the science behind it, and pictures. For me, I just knew it would be the right kind of anti-age at home treatment that made sense, not to mention it is easy. Finding 9 minutes in my day is a challenge (I know) but after awhile there is a much easier maintenance program. OK, so the address is: http://www.redlighttherapyskincare.blogspot.com
QueenBofOB
5% products discount

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I love my DPL Nuve. It's the most effective gadget I've EVER used for skin care. I also have a PMD (Personal Micro Dermabrasion) that I use a few times a week and I have recently started using SkinBiology Copper Serum with it. My skin is so much smoother and firmer now. It makes me mad to think of how much money and time I've wasted with Botox and Juvederm/Restalyne injections when I could have been doing simple, painless, cheap and effective treatments at home. Including natural looking results to go along with all of that.
(I also have used my DPL Nuve on myself for pain and two of my Toy Poodles, one for arthritis from a luxating patella and the other because she's had some very painful and expensive dental/gum issues--despite my frequent brushing. Funny how something like red light therapy can have so many wonderful uses and yet I've heard so little about it. My unit is literally worth it's weight in gold to me).
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have the DPL panels and love them! I purchased them from Hollywood Beauty Secrets online site. Louisa was super helpful and I wasn't able to find a better price anywhere for this unit. I believe I paid about $290 and the shipping was free.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
My first light was the dpl panel - got from NCN at a great price and lots of help. I have several lights since then but have just started using my panel lights again. Ease of use, time and I really do find them effective. I use them with my AALS at times. Panel on one side while using AALS on the other. (Life gets busy and you have to multi-task).

It's all good.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I use the DPL Light regularly and absolutely LOVE it! It is so easy and relaxing. I really prefer it over the handheld devices because all I have to do is just sit there and listen to my music. It has made such an improvement in my skin, could NOT live without this system Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Totally agree Victoria - I'm back to using both AALS and dpl. It's so quick and easy with the full panel system and I see results - especially with Ageless GOLD. Plus you can lay this right over your hands and get a full treatment there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:47 am      Reply with quote
This thread has been helpful in my research for the best DPL panel unit. I've seen a couple different places mentioned here (NCN, LEDman, Hollywood Beauty). If anyone has anything negative about any of these companies or units, please share. These things cost a lot of $$ so I want to make a good purchase.

2 questions I haven't seen asked or answered in my research of EDS threads...do the panels or lights on a DPL ever need replacing and if so, how often. The LightStim lights never needed replacing, that was one appeal factor to me.

Any comments or info about why the DPL units do not have to actually touch your skin like the handheld units? Is there a difference in the LED lights?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I have the DPL panel unit..bought mine on sale on Make Up Artists Choice. I like it..actually I lay the panels on my face and just listen to the t.v. during my treatments. haha. Then I lay them on my chest..I do one each on my hands..so on and so forth.
I notice my skin clear and pretty when I use it...but I don't use it all the time like I should...but have off and on for a three years now.

In fact..think I'll start up again today after reading this thread. I have that and a vaculifter..my only gadgets so far.
AmazingRacer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
AmazingRacer wrote:
This thread has been helpful in my research for the best DPL panel unit. I've seen a couple different places mentioned here (NCN, LEDman, Hollywood Beauty). If anyone has anything negative about any of these companies or units, please share. These things cost a lot of $$ so I want to make a good purchase.

2 questions I haven't seen asked or answered in my research of EDS threads...do the panels or lights on a DPL ever need replacing and if so, how often. The LightStim lights never needed replacing, that was one appeal factor to me.

Any comments or info about why the DPL units do not have to actually touch your skin like the handheld units? Is there a difference in the LED lights?

OK after more research I discovered the answers to how often may DPL panels need replacing (should last up to 5 years and replacement panels are $100+ each). And also that you can actually put the panels on your skin like the hand held devices.

Is every DPL Therapy System unit out there the same one? I ask this b/c now I see they are sold online at Target, Walmart, drugstore (dot com) etc.

Are the "deep discount" places like Hollywood Beauty Secrets legit?
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the deep discount that Louisa @ Hollywood Beauty Secrets offers is legitimate. I paid $289 with free shipping for my DPL panel. When speaking with her prior to placing my order she mentioned that she places the order directly with the DPL manufacturer and the unit is shipped directly from the manufacturer.

I love my unit and like others have posted, I place the panels directly on my face while laying on the bed or sofa. I do use a pre-treatment serum with green tea (I believe there's a thread on that somewhere on this board).
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
What is NCN website address? I can not seem to find it. Is the light on her site the Dermawave that everyone is raving about?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have both the AALS and the DPL Therapy Photo Rejuvenation Light from http://www.ncnskincare.com/

Although the DPL is considered to be weaker than the AALS, I love it more. When I use it regularly, it considerably improves my skin tone and makes my skin glow.
ReggieD

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Although the DPL is considered to be weaker...

Nanci at NCN told me that there is basically no difference in any of the LED units out there whether handheld or panels. One is not better than the other. The only difference is the size of the light panels and the TIME it takes to do the treatment. That's her opinion, anyway.

DPL says theirs works best and Steve at LS says LS works best. I tend to believe someone who's more objective than the person who's towing the "my product is the best" line. While it may be true, it just seems to be marketing IMO. I'm starting to believe it's just personal choice and that there's little difference in the actual LED output or treatment.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
JenJ wrote:
Yes, the deep discount that Louisa @ Hollywood Beauty Secrets offers is legitimate. I paid $289 with free shipping for my DPL panel. When speaking with her prior to placing my order she mentioned that she places the order directly with the DPL manufacturer and the unit is shipped directly from the manufacturer.

I love my unit and like others have posted, I place the panels directly on my face while laying on the bed or sofa. I do use a pre-treatment serum with green tea (I believe there's a thread on that somewhere on this board).

I have the DPL and have never thought to put them directly on the face because I thought they may be to heavy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have several lights - handheld and the dpl - The dpl was my first purchase and I've come back around to loving it - I spray Ageless Secret and lay the panels right on my face - for two sessions of 9 minutes each and YES it does make your skin glow.
I also use the AALS around the eye area to plump for 3 minutes each when I have time. Happy to have both units.

RussianSunshine wrote:
I have both the AALS and the DPL Therapy Photo Rejuvenation Light from http://www.ncnskincare.com/

Although the DPL is considered to be weaker than the AALS, I love it more. When I use it regularly, it considerably improves my skin tone and makes my skin glow.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |