Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Dermawave from NCN Pro Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I hope no one minds but I thought I would start a separate thread on this gadget.

I just read thru the info on NCN and am really excited about this new addition.

I am on the list for her Untrasonic Skin Rejuevenation item and now I am thinking on purchasing the Dermawave. I think I need to sell all the gadgets I have that I am not using to satisfy my HB.

Anyone who has the Dermawave please give us a review. I know there is just a wee bit on this on the Quasar versus Dermawave thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
You beat me to it! This looks extremely interesting - I feel some serious yearning coming on!

This is the blurb from Nanci's newsletter:

The New DermaWave LED units!
I was on the hunt for a company to manufacture an LED device for me - until I read all about the DermaWave LEDs! Their professional LEDs used by Estheticians and Doctors. Joseph, the genius who designed and created them has allowed me to offer them to you on the website (thank you Joseph!). There are two of them - the Cubic 5 which is a handheld LED and takes 20 minutes per treatment. Then there's the Cubic 7 (I have this jewel) that is a handheld panel that takes under 5 minutes per treatment. There's so much information about them that I can't possibly put in this newsletter but to give you an idea..... some highlights:

Photo-optical sensors that read your skin based on the Fitzpatrick scale and make continuous adjustments, thousands of times per second. Features the latest in LED technology, the AmRed 605. This leading edge technology has proved itself over 10 months of clinical trials, and is now the new 'standard' in a photo rejuvenation. It combines the best in amber and the best in red for superior skin rejuvenation. Penetration is between 40-50 mm! Unheard of with any other LED! The Cubic 7 has a magnification lens on it that increases its strength by 1x7 times - which is also unheard of in the world of LEDs. The Cubic 5 doesn't need magnification. 30 LEDs in a single head (compared to 24 in the Quasar SP Pro) 30 active LEDs per pulse (compared to 6 in the Quasar SP Pro)

This is just a partial list - I could go on and on so please do take a look at them on the website. You've got to see the comparison chart! I just wrote about my personal experience with my Cubic 7 after 3 weeks of use on my blog. Here it is:

Hi everyone!

If you haven't read about the new DermaWave LEDs that have just been added to the website, you're going to want to!

I've been using mine for 3 weeks now - I got it in the beginning of July. I took the plunge and bought the Cubic 7. The Cubic 5 does the same thing as the Cubic 7, but it was really just a time issue for me (done in under 5 minutes!).

In 3 weeks, this is what's going on with my skin:

1. Skin is so much firmer! You know how we all look in the mirror and give ourselves a face lift with our fingers placed on our temples? I keep doing that because I just can't believe what I'm seeing! Skin slack is pretty much non-existent!

2. I had visible pores on my nose and after 3-4 treatments, I noticed that my they were even larger. Today, after 3 weeks, pores are almost invisible.

3. A spider vein on the left side of my nose is completely gone.

4. Due to the fact that the DermaWave doubles the skin cell turnover rate, I find that I need to use of my microfiber cleansing cloth more often. And when I do, much more dead skin is coming off.

5. My skin tone is SO even, I can go without wearing makeup! This is a first.

And again - that's at the 3 week mark! Imagine what's in store for me after using it for 6 weeks! And I'm using it about 3 times a week. Yes, they're expensive, but this is how I look at it - how much money is someone going to spend on gadgets, products, spa visits, cosmetic laser/surgery centers, botox injections and God forbid a face lift etc. If you took the plunge, it would actually save you money in the long run. I'm absolutely in love with mine! I'll be back to report what's going on at the 6 week mark.

Here's the web address:

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/84.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu for posting the info and the website. I'm obviously dumb as a door.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the DermaWave Cubic 5 as Nanci's first customer of the system, before she finished putting it on her site. In addition to the Standard AmRed head, also have the Green Head for pigmentation issues.

Have given myself 3 sessions with it so far and will give a more complete review in about 6 weeks. However can tell you immediately I love this little wonder - first it's so simple to operate, so small in terms of space, so easy to use, and so effective. After the first treatment! And the heads are like sparkling gems.

My skin felt alive after the 1st treatment - as tho' the cells were sitting up straight, best way to describe it. And already!!!! I swear, small lines and sun spots are less noticeable, and skin firmer, more plump. So will be very interested to see the results in about 6 wks time.

Much depends of course on the health of the skin at the outset too and as we know Nanci's skin is already incredible. But having read all the information on the DermaWave systems, I don't think there is anything on the market in its price range or even for big wads of dollars more that can touch it.

We finally have a LED system that is properly engineered and beautifully designed too. Rare indeed. I encourage ppl to read all the information on the system to fully appreciate what you have in the DermaWave. Without that you might not understand why its cost or why it is superior. In other words you wouldn't understand what you are buying.

I have been using the DPL for about, gosh, maybe 2.5 yrs. Not displeased with it but this is like moving up from your little apt to that penthouse.

And to my mind, what might seem as an expensive item will probably recoup its cost in facial products, spa visits, not to mention anxiety over skin issues - in no time at all. So I believe it's actually a money saver. All done right at home too - love that.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Arya, there's not much technical info on the website - do you have any?

Also what's the treatment protocol, website says 20mins but how many times per week are you supposed to use it, plus how many secs/mins per area? TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:26 am      Reply with quote
How does this compare to lightstim? The price scares me. I wish I could afford it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Arya, there's not much technical info on the website - do you have any?

Also what's the treatment protocol, website says 20mins but how many times per week are you supposed to use it, plus how many secs/mins per area? TIA

question 1. If you really want indepth technical information, I'd suggest you email Nanci - she can direct you to where more info is available. Actually when she & I first discussed Dermawave, it was the technical info that sold me on it. The comparison chart that is on her site uses terms that might be unfamiliar to many but it also gives you an indication of how much more superior this system is from a technical standpoint, compared to another v. well known LED that many have.

Question 2: protocols are included in the booklet accompanying the machine. All v. clearly explained. 20 minutes for face. Just move the heads over the face in a pattern to ensure all your skin has been treated. And it's recommended 2 treatments/wk max for 6 treatments. Then give the cells time to catch up with the renewal process. It is inadvisable to overstress the renewal process as the skin cells become fatigued, overloaded with work & become exhausted, like all living creatures. Then after giving the cells a rest of about a month, recommence the 6 treatments.

But I can say that after just 2 treatments I noticed a significant improvement in my face - the cell renewal rate is speeded up so real benefits start showing up days afterward. Even this a.m. I'm noticing improvements that weren't immediately apparent after a treatment.

One thing pple should remember, Dermawave was engineered for spa/professional use, hence its quality and price. The inventor didn't have any intention of marketing it to the public. Of course, he wasn't aware of EDS forum members... Smile who do their research and want quality.

When Nanci found this system during her search she knew she had to have it for her clientele. So now it's available to the public as never before.

Thank God
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
wow! That's awesome! It looks like a really good one.
Pricey, but maybe I will eventually jump on it..considering all the money I have already spent on peels, etc..lol
Prolight that I have has lights out and that is frustrating .
This gadget seems to be extremely well made...
Hmm..tempting Confused

30 y.o., fair hr, grn eyes; Retin-a user abt 10 yrs (Mom on it for 30 yrs..looks amazing!) C-user (Now experimenting w/DIY forms); dermaroller (not regularly); Home Peels; Prolight user (not consistent) Emu oil; Former Obagi user (bad rebound hyperigmentation) EDS forum LOVER!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Boy do I want one of these!!! A cubic 7 sounds awesome! But the price. Sad It will be approx another $800 on top for Australians with our $ difference. If we could get a payment plan it would be a huge help.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Boy do I want one of these!!! A cubic 7 sounds awesome! But the price. Sad It will be approx another $800 on top for Australians with our $ difference. If we could get a payment plan it would be a huge help.

I totally agree, but the Cubic 5 would probably suffice for home use. I have a Lightstim and I find the 40 mins treatment time very relaxing. The Cubic 5 with the Am/Red head would take 20 mins so that's really manageable. I worked it out that with today's exchange rate, we'd be paying about AUD$1,800 - I wonder if the postage would still be free for international buyers - I'll have to ask Nanci. Oh dear! I'm really lemming one of these.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Folks I think we are getting it bad for this light Laughing The thing that gets me is what Nanci said it is already doing for her skin....
Oh my...... what is a girl to do???ImageImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

Rob a bank! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Toby wrote:

Rob a bank! Laughing

Well I must consider if I could use the light in a jail cell Laughing I am into looking good where ever I am Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
This site should give all the technical info.

http://www.dermawave.com/
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I want one! but the price...Shock I'd never be able to justify the price, especially since I'm still a starving student. Though, if I knew it would completely get rid of the hyperpigmentation on my face, and even out the tone, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Perhaps one of you will let me come over and use yours, hee hee! I wish I could test it out for a few weeks.

edited to add:
...and I just looked at the before and afters on the website, wow!!!! I hope I can at least see an esthetician for these facials
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Toby wrote:

Rob a bank! Laughing

.... yepper! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
You people are making me seriously want this!!! If I calculate things, I might be able to afford one if I save up for 3-4 months. Laughing

And I already have a Lightstim (old model red one). And a Facemate. And a high frequency wand (like a large dermawand). Plus I just bought Nanci's Vaculifter (body). Too many gadgets! LOL.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo, if you hadn't started this thread, I would have! I'm lemming this one. I'm on the list for the US, just placed an order for my first 302 products, so will have to a bit before I can order the Dermawave.

Having the rosacea lightstim, I agree with Keliu that the 5 cubic would be fine. I usually relax in the recliner with a book or good TV show while I do my treatment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
ahaha, I'm laughing out loud at the history section of the dermawave when he talks about their competition. Laughing
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
ahaha, I'm LOL at the history section of the dermawave when he talks about their competition. Laughing

Rather unprofessional, but yeah, it did make me laugh! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Frodo, if you hadn't started this thread, I would have! I'm lemming this one. I'm on the list for the US, just placed an order for my first 302 products, so will have to a bit before I can order the Dermawave.

Having the rosacea lightstim, I agree with Keliu that the 5 cubic would be fine. I usually relax in the recliner with a book or good TV show while I do my treatment.

I'm lemming as well. I am going to wait for some results on women 63YY with wrinkles and sagging and see how it goes for them. Plus I need to read up on selling on Ebay and get rid of some gadgets I don't use. I trust Nanci on this item and the results but after the STOP I am hesitant especially because of the price, which BTW I feel is very reasonable considering the cost for one treatment and her customer service is right up at the top of the scale.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Plus I need to read up on selling on Ebay and get rid of some gadgets I don't use.

LOL, Frodo, great minds think alike! I fell asleep last night thinking about what gadgets I could sell on Ebay as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Oh visions of sugar plum fairies selling Nuface and other such devices on ebay took me over in my dreams last night. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Mishey wrote:

I totally agree, but the Cubic 5 would probably suffice for home use. I have a Lightstim and I find the 40 mins treatment time very relaxing. The Cubic 5 with the Am/Red head would take 20 mins so that's really manageable. I worked it out that with today's exchange rate, we'd be paying about AUD$1,800 - I wonder if the postage would still be free for international buyers - I'll have to ask Nanci. Oh dear! I'm really lemming one of these.

Yah I know I'm being greedy here Laughing but it takes me 1.5 hours to do my face, neck, chest and hands with the AALS. I'd looove to be able to include my arms aswell and do it all in less time than now. Yes...a lovely dream...
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Sounds incredibly tempting (though the price is way too much for my pockets).

As an AALS user, it's interesting that they say "..marries the best in an amber output - prompting a better lymphatic push - with the advantages of red, better serving Rosacea and other red-based, ruddy anomalies. And it would do so without any 'destructive interference' between wavelengths, from a single LED substrate - unlike placing one wavelength next to another."

So, having the wavelengths together in one unit is a bad thing? Embarassed

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |