Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DDF Organic Sun Protection SPF 30
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have been using this sunblock for one month. I love it
It has no strong smell, which is very important for me, it sinks into the skin and it is not greasy or oily.
Most important it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I couldn't find a good sunscreen for a while and I am very happy to discover this product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:24 am      Reply with quote
how about for oil skin Question
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
how about for oil skin Question

My skin has tendency to get a little oily during a summer and this sunblock works for me. As I said before this product doesn't make my skin greasy or oily. I don't know if this product will work well for someone with a very oily skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:30 am      Reply with quote
This is a good sunscreen, but I can no get the PA on the bottle. Is there anyone who know about it? I just know that it is just SPF30, so I only apply it when I would go out for only half a day.
This is not oil, because after applying it, I can wash my hand clearly only with water.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I also want to know the PA index. Anyone knows about it?
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
Hello,

It has no strong smell, which is very important for me, it sinks into the skin and it is not greasy or oily.
Most important it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I couldn't find a good sunscreen for a while and I am very happy to discover this product.

This sunblock is good, but it's still so hard to apply evenly.
I'm just wondering that, is this sunblock should be removed by makeup remover? Because each time after I applied on my face, I went to wash my hands, and the sunblock was so easy to be washed off....not like any other sunblocks.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
Lara1 wrote:
Hello,

I'm just wondering that, is this sunblock should be removed by makeup remover? Because each time after I applied on my face, I went to wash my hands, and the sunblock was so easy to be washed off....not like any other sunblocks.

I take it off with Cellcosmet cream cleanser without any problems.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
flyflyonly wrote:
Lara1 wrote:
Hello,

I take it off with Cellcosmet cream cleanser without any problems.

I think this could be washed off even by normal soap or cleanser....I always feel this sunblock like a mask, so heavy.....
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I used it before but didn't like it very much. I prefer Shiseido sun cream.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
saisai wrote:

Saisai, can you elaborate on what exactly you didn't like about this product, please?
I am still using it and I like it very much. I tried Shiseido sunblock, but my skin broke out with hives after I applied it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Lara is this a physical sunscreen?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
saisai wrote:

Saisai, can you elaborate on what exactly you didn't like about this product, please?
I am still using it and I like it very much. I tried Shiseido sunblock, but my skin broke out with hives after I applied it.

I'd also like to hear more about why saisai doesn't like the sunscreen. Just saying one doesn't like something is not helpful at all.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Lara is this a physical sunscreen?

Yes, it is physical Organic sunblock for sensitive skin, active ingredients are Ttanium dioxide 2.4% and Zinc oxide 6%.

Here is a complete list of ingredients
Micronized Titanium Dioxide, Micronized Zinc Oxide, VItamins A,C and E, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Co-Q10, Genistein, Glutathione, Grape Seed Extract, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Pyconol, Zinc

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ddf-organic-sun-protectio-p_7316.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="flyflyonly"]
Lara1 wrote:

I think this could be washed off even by normal soap or cleanser....I always feel this sunblock like a mask, so heavy.....

That means it will make your face incredibly white?
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have noticed the price on this one keeps going up at Sephora Confused
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Is micronized zinc and titanium the safe particle size? I read an article once about this, but couldn't remember if they were recommending micronized or warning against it.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Is micronized zinc and titanium the safe particle size? I read an article once about this, but couldn't remember if they were recommending micronized or warning against it.

Are Nanoscale ingredients in personal care products safe?

Some personal care products may contain nanoscale particles of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide that are used as active ingredients in sunscreen products and have been approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 1999. These nanoscale particles have been developed by breaking down larger particles during the manufacturing process. Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide have been extensively evaluated and the scientific data shows that they do not penetrate the skin.

The FDA has recognized that the science and applications of nanotechnology are developing at a very rapid pace, and that properties relevant to product safety and effectiveness may change as size varies with the nanoscale, adding additional complexity to the review of products containing nanotechnology materials. In August 2006, the FDA formed a Nanotechnology Task Force to determine regulatory approaches that encourage the continued development of innovative, safe and effective FDA-regulated products that use nanotechnology materials. In July 2007, the Task Force issued a report on the use of such materials. The report, which was endorsed by the FDA Commissioner, stated that "the current science does not support a finding that classes of products with nanoscale materials necessarily present greater safety concerns than classes of products without nanoscale materials," and concluded that there is no need for products containing nanoscale materials to be labeled as such.

Link to FDA Nanotechnology Task Force's Report of July 2007:
http://www.fda.gov/nanotechnology/nano_tf.html

From COSMETICSINFO.ORG

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this sunscreen as well as Sofina and Shiseido and I have to say that although it goes on smooth, it does tend to leave a white cast on my face and leave it a bit oily. I much prefer my Shiseido sunscreen. Perhaps next time I will try the DDF Matte formulation to see if its any different.
imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
DDF Organic Sun Protection is a great sunblock but also so much more. It has anti-oxidants and comes in a moisturizing base (won't need a moisturizer).
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I tried DDF Sun Protection before and didn't like it , it did not work on me。
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
The DDF Organic Sunprotection spf 30 has been discontinued. I was wanting to try it and emailed the company and they said it has been discontinued.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
yes, it's really one of the best sun protection. but if you find, the fancl, shisido...also some other best sun protection also good for you!
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
Hello,

i used it one year ago, not sure it can prevent face getting dark .
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |