Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Feeding your skin with Smoothies!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Kassy - Wish I could come down and blend some up for ya everyday. Hugs - Sis

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy I haven't been as faithful with the smoothies lately either....I am currently at my son's in Florida and he had bought up all the greens and fruits for my smoothies. I got him and his wife on the smoothie train last summer. So I am gearing up on my smoothies while I am vacationing!!!Let's drink a smoothie toast to that!Image

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy!!!! We've missed you! Hope things are getting better...

OMG... I KNOW, I made hot soup the other day. It was at least 90 out! I actually mixed up one of my mushroom concoctions and blended it with some left over mashed potatoes! (it was a little thick, could have been thinned with stock or milk...) It was SOOOOOOO YUMMY!

Don't forget to just make some awesome salads with some vinaigrette. (lemon and olive oil with salt and pepper to taste, and balsamic and olive oil)... all really refreshing!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Mariah, in your opinion, would avoiding/cutting out dairy include Kefir which is fermented milk?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Toby - I'll come down and blend them up for both of ya!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't blended in a few weeks...lost inspiration I guess. So off to buy some spinach!

Sis - would you consider a trip to Arizona to blend? Laughing

Sorry about the stress Ms. Kassy. We've missed you all over the place!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm missing you guys too .. ♥

I was in dire need of a gazillion calorie pick me up today so I splurged with a mocha frappuccino;

Sometimes a girls just gotta do what feels good at the moment, and health and calories be damned... Bad Grin Bad Grin

P.S. to 'Zoftig'... Did you see the poor old fellow on the news in AZ who got 2nd degree burns on his feet running after the mail carrier... Shock (Poor thing got caught in the street and had to be carried back to the grass by passers by.) Embarassed

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
See? Those blenders are PERFECT for EVERYTHING...

I have realized I'm a total weather wimp. Much above 82, and I'm down for the count!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy ...Didn't see the news about the guy with the foot burns. Can you imagine? Was probably down in Phoenix area - I'm in the mountains and it doesn't reach those kind of temperatures. Like Claudia, I can't deal with the heat..at all!

You wanted something simple for the grandsons - try frozen berries with just enough juice to blend and make sorbets. I put a little stevia in mine. They are very refreshing and couldn't be simpler! For something creamier add a frozen banana. yum
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man!!! That mocha frappacino is smokin'....

Zoftig - you live in AZ? AWESOME!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
And without further ado.. Laughing

Grande Mocha Frappuccino ala Kassy

- 1/2 cup double strength coffee (chilled/cold) (a must!)
- 1/2 cup milk (wimps can use 1 or 2%)
- 1/3rd cup Hersheys chocolate syrup
- 1 TBS vanilla syrup
- 1 pkg sweetener or sugar to taste
- 1 1/2 cups ice (or 2 if you like it super slushy)
- whipped cream (to top it off)

If you have a Blendtec, use the "Ice Cream" #3 button.

Pour/scoop into a tall fancy cocktail glass, top it off with whipped cream and use a straw... Heaven!

Let me know how you love it!

Please, please, please, make it at least once exactly as I've written... After that you can cut calories and skimp if you must.. Very Happy In fact I'll work on a low cal version as well, because this one will have me on the fat farm in short order.. DH and I each had 2 today loaded with whipped cream.. Embarassed Shock Embarassed

Just for you Sis!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
And without further ado.. Laughing

Grande Mocha Frappuccino ala Kassy

- 1/2 cup double strength coffee (chilled/cold) (a must!)
- 1/2 cup milk (wimps can use 1 or 2%)
- 1/3rd cup Hersheys chocolate syrup
- 1 TBS vanilla syrup
- 1 pkg sweetener or sugar to taste
- 1 1/2 cups ice (or 2 if you like it super slushy)
- whipped cream (to top it off)

If you have a Blendtec, use the "Ice Cream" #3 button.

Pour/scoop into a tall fancy cocktail glass, top it off with whipped cream and use a straw... Heaven!

Let me know how you love it!

Please, please, please, make it at least once exactly as I've written... After that you can cut calories and skimp if you must.. Very Happy In fact I'll work on a low cal version as well, because this one will have me on the fat farm in short order.. DH and I each had 2 today loaded with whipped cream.. Embarassed Shock Embarassed

Just for you Sis!

I DID miss It the first time around. Thanks Z . Appears to be heaven in a glass. I will be a big hit with the Girlfriends when I roll this one out. Love that Blendtec. I'll bet it would be Especially yummy in Arizona or Florida. Wink Cool Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hey ya know it doesn't sound all that bad 'cept for all that chocolate syrup Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I loved the "sweetener or sugar to taste" that followed it! Laughing Laughing
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Might I suggest Ghirardelli Premium Hot Cocoa Mix in Chocolate Mocha!!! To die for! Kassy, I PROMISE!!!!

And ladies... USE CREAM. LOL! This mix does have sugar. (Kassy... I LOVE it.... wimps can use 1-2%)

It's pretty much the only sugar (or simple carb) that I ingest. I only use 2 tablespoons (14 g sugar) And I make it as a coffee... But Kassy's desert is now on my list!!! It's not a daily thing. But seriously, if you're going to have a "treat" have a very satisfying treat! Make it worth it! I find when I do this, I don't want anything else later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

New and improved version (3 lg servings!) Less chocolate.. Laughing

1 cup double strength coffee
1 cup whole milk (1 or 2% if you must...)
15 drops of stevia extract (or to taste)
1/3 cup chocolate syrup (stop fretting, this is a blender full)
fill with ice to just above the liquid
whipped cream (you absolutely need this feel good treat once in a while... Very Happy )

For blendtec users just use the "Iced Cappucino" mode.

It will be really icy/thick/slushy, but perfect once it's in the glass.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Might I suggest Ghirardelli Premium Hot Cocoa Mix in Chocolate Mocha!!! To die for! Kassy, I PROMISE!!!!

And ladies... USE CREAM. LOL! This mix does have sugar. (Kassy... I LOVE it.... wimps can use 1-2%)

It's pretty much the only sugar (or simple carb) that I ingest. I only use 2 tablespoons (14 g sugar) And I make it as a coffee... But Kassy's desert is now on my list!!! It's not a daily thing. But seriously, if you're going to have a "treat" have a very satisfying treat! Make it worth it! I find when I do this, I don't want anything else later.

This sounds fabuloso! I'll experiment with it when I pick some up.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
What's new on the 'smoothie' front?

Here's what's new for me. I'm in the midst of remodeling turmoil in my ' little bungalow' and have only had 3 or 4 smoothies in the past month.

Long story short is I gained 5 lbs without any other changes I can think of .. Sad (Other than eating even less with the nightmare going on around me..)

Ohhh how I miss my daily smoothies... Laughing

Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Here's what's new for me. I'm in the midst of remodeling turmoil in my ' little bungalow' and have only had 3 or 4 smoothies in the past month.

Long story short is I gained 5 lbs without any other changes I can think of .. Sad (Other than eating even less with the nightmare going on around me..)

I need help getting into the smoothie routine again, too. I've been drinking coffee in the morning instead and it does nothing for my energy level like the smoothies did. In fact, the more coffee I drink, the more tired I am. I really don't get that. I did have a smoothie for breakfast this morning - tomato, cucumber & baby spinach - and it went right through me - cleaned me out pretty good. Problem is, I was hungry the rest of the morning. I think it's just a matter of getting my body adjusted again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Dang -Get that blender going darlin'. That's a lot of poundage on your trim little frame. I think once you get past 50 it is a struggle no matter what.
and I like bungalow's Smile I have a Craftsman Cottage myself and I am tickled every day I walk through the door. when the dust settles Kassy it is going to be Home... Capital H.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Try throwing in some Scuppernongs - they're currently in season, I found some at Walmart yesterday. Scuppernongs are very high in resveratrol & make a quite tasty addition to the smoothies. This morning my smoothie consisted of romaine lettuce, a cucumber, a peeled lemon, cilantro, scuppernongs, fennel tea & raw honey...feeling great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Try throwing in some Scuppernongs - they're currently in season, I found some at Walmart yesterday. Scuppernongs are very high in resveratrol & make a quite tasty addition to the smoothies. This morning my smoothie consisted of romaine lettuce, a cucumber, a peeled lemon, cilantro, scuppernongs, fennel tea & raw honey...feeling great!

I've never heard of scuppernongs, mogulicious. I had to look them up - didn't know if they were a vegetable or fruit. I'll definitely be looking for some now that you've mentioned them. I always forget about grapes when I'm thinking of ingredients for smoothies.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday I made a beet smoothie – pulled it out of the garden and threw it in. I added an apple, some lemon juice, turmeric, and water. However, I didn't research it until after I got sick (detox). Apparently you are only supposed to throw in 1/4 to 1/2 a beet if you are making only a couple of servings, and you are supposed to make sure to blend it with other veggies. I don't know if this refers to the root or the whole beet. Luckily, it was a small one, but I wasn't feeling very well for the rest of the day. A healthier person might not get the same effect, but I still have the occasional bad food, and I love coffee.

So, part of this is a warning, and the other part is to pick your brains. I've seen the ginger-beet juice, but I am thinking smoothie. Good combos? Does anyone know the difference between the leaves and the root? I mean, are the leaves as potent? Can I combine it with spinach? (Both are high in oxalic acid.) How about kale? I would love to hear your thoughts! TIA.
mommykins

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I am using a Magic Bullet for smoothies-has anyone tried the Montel Williams Health Master? I have a Jack LaLanne juicer but it leaves all the peel and good fiber behind-what a waste-the Magic Bullet works ok in small amounts. I have also added 2 tsp of coconut oil to my diet and that seems to help with better hair and skin. The coconut oil is from the grocery store and works great on popcorn as a cooking and baking oil-actually have switched to all coconut and olive oils for every kind of baking.
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Green smoothie - my raw food experience.

Handful of spinach leaves
1-2 bananas
H20

This sounds disgusting but It taste very yummy. My friend is right into her raw food and her skin glows Very Happy I'm slowly learning a few healthy options........but don't have the willpower to go raw. Like my lollies and chocolate too much. Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |