Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Feeding your skin with Smoothies!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my no.... Why would they change it? I have so enjoyed the companies stand on health and the combination of green foods. I will need to check this out - I am on my last half bottle - remember I combine mine with spirulina and other things and use Earth a few times a week. I love the old product ... waaaaaa Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Oh my no.... Why would they change it? I have so enjoyed the companies stand on health and the combination of green foods. I will need to check this out - I am on my last half bottle - remember I combine mine with spirulina and other things and use Earth a few times a week. I love the old product ... waaaaaa Crying or Very sad

I don't know why Sad .
Enjoy your last half bottle of the version you have!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I want to motivate myself to getting green smoothies back into my diet on a more regular basis.Just saw a photo of Mimi on my Facebook thread and that is all the motivation I needed. I think she is 72 now! Oh wow talk about motivation! Dancing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I found a great site for green smoothie lovers. It's run by a lady named Jane. She regularly posts videos with all kinds of interesting recipes for green smoothies.

In addition to all the green smoothie recipes, there's another feature I think you'd all like. She has "invented" something she calls "Beauty Waters" which I guess you could say are like green smoothies "lite". They're super easy to make, nutritious and delicious, and I've gotten hooked on them. She has videos for those, too. On the menu at the top of the home page, put your cursor over "Recipes" for the drop-down menu and select "Beauty Waters". As Jane says, "Blend. Sip. Beautify."

Also on the drop-down menu, check out "Morgan's Beauty Treatments".

The site is: http://blenditandmendit.com/

Jane seems like a real sweetheart, and her site is one of my favorites. There's a lot of good stuff there. Check it out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sovajo!!!!!

Toby - Mimi Kirk is amazing. What an inspiration she has been to me and to anyone who is into true health. Jack Lalane always said Exercise is King; Nutrition is Queen.... I am more and more into the enzymes and toxin release of fruits and veggies. I'm hoping/praying that they didn't mess with my Vitamineral green... Maybe the "old version" is still available on Amazon... aaaaaagh.

Sovajo wrote:
I found a great site for green smoothie lovers. It's run by a lady named Jane. She regularly posts videos with all kinds of interesting recipes for green smoothies.

In addition to all the green smoothie recipes, there's another feature I think you'd all like. She has "invented" something she calls "Beauty Waters" which I guess you could say are like green smoothies "lite". They're super easy to make, nutritious and delicious, and I've gotten hooked on them. She has videos for those, too. On the menu at the top of the home page, put your cursor over "Recipes" for the drop-down menu and select "Beauty Waters". As Jane says, "Blend. Sip. Beautify."

Also on the drop-down menu, check out "Morgan's Beauty Treatments".

The site is: http://blenditandmendit.com/

Jane seems like a real sweetheart, and her site is one of my favorites. There's a lot of good stuff there. Check it out!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I'm hoping/praying that they didn't mess with my Vitamineral green... Maybe the "old version" is still available on Amazon... aaaaaagh.

You can check the new version ingredients here and compare to the one you have to see how much it has changed.

http://www.healthforce.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=6&category_id=1

I am not sure how much of a change in effectiveness it will have for people who have been using older versions prior to 5.

It would be good to hear people's experience comparing the old version and the new modified version.
It seems they keep changing the formulation every version slightly or majorly... I am not sure why.
trishaolsen

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

Dr. OZ green smoothie

•1 lemon 1/2 cup parsley,
•chopped 1 rib of celery
•2 big handfuls of Spinach
•1 pince of peeled ginger
•1 medium cucumber
•2 apples preferred amount of ice cubes (which is of course, optional)
I add stevia to taste(several teaspoons)

Can I substitute a Calamansi extract to the Lemon extract with parsley?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
trishaolsen wrote:
Toby wrote:

Dr. OZ green smoothie

•1 lemon 1/2 cup parsley,
•chopped 1 rib of celery
•2 big handfuls of Spinach
•1 pince of peeled ginger
•1 medium cucumber
•2 apples preferred amount of ice cubes (which is of course, optional)
I add stevia to taste(several teaspoons)

Can I substitute a Calamansi extract to the Lemon extract with parsley?

Hi - Green Smoothie recipes are open for interpretation. I'd try it. I do many variations on my green smoothies depending upon kitchen/market/herb/garden availability.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I am bringing this over from another thread...looks like something to add to our smoothies!!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2216852/Eat-way-facelift-Watercress-latest-wonder-food-battle-anti-ageing.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I am bringing this over from another thread...looks like something to add to our smoothies!!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2216852/Eat-way-facelift-Watercress-latest-wonder-food-battle-anti-ageing.html

Thank you Toby for posting this. I do believe that beauty comes from the inside out, but its nice to see a study (albeit small scale) proving it... I'm all in!!! ~ Take care, Aprile Laughing
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hey!

I have been totally rotating watercress into my greens comsumption in smoothies!

Glad to know I was so on point.

Smile

--avalange

Toby wrote:

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
ImageImageI am posting these photos of Sistersweet with her permission. She is a Facebook friend and I have noticed lots of change in her face within the last couple of years. She is not one to get dressed up and take pictures. She wears little to no foundation and has lots of candid shots with her children on her facebook page. I have emailed her several times lately asking about what she is doing to get the change I see in her photos. She seems to always be on top of her nutritional needs and is a avid green smoothie gal.I felt like posting this might get us motivated to work from the inside out....and green smoothies are the perfect start. Way to go Sistersweets and thanks for letting me share! You are my inspiration!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:33 am      Reply with quote
http://benefitof.net/benefits-of-watercress/
The link provides some benefits of watercress....it does say that too much can cause stomach discomfort....one member shared that it caused that problem for her. I want to try it but can't find it in my local grocery stores.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sistersweets you look fabulous! It's so nice to have a face w/ the name--and such a pretty face--not surprised there at all... Thanks for sharing Toby.
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone have heard of this device NUTRIBULLET
http://www.nutribullet.com/index.php?r=site/howitworks

I've got one after seeing their commercial (about 20 times Smile ) and i like how it is emulsifies everything i put in including seeds, nuts and stems (unlike all other new and old blenders i have in my house).

I can't find any proof to their statements about absorbing extracted foods better. But for those who doesn't want to invest in expensive blender i think it's a perfect solution. I've got it from Target for $99 minus 5% for using their card. It's funny that they try to sell it from their website for $120.

It makes one big cup of a perfect drink and cleaning takes literally few seconds.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi YB I have a handmixer that I like but usually I dig out my blender. The bullet looks very handy - especially the size and the cost.
Thanks Toby for the encouraging words. Toby is right - I'm pretty much a natural girl - exercise, no ciggies etc and not much makeup - although I put on the dog every now and then. Laughing As we all know health starts within. I have my own gardens (next year I'll put in watercress Wink ) and preserve many of my own foods. I'm big on Green Smoothies and green drinks (I use Vitamineral Green and Vitamineral Earth when I can't put a Smoothie together). Spirulina is also a miracle product for the skin - I use Pure Planet brand - as recommended by Jasminerosey way back when. Hyaluronic acid is also a favorite. Oh, I drink wine too Wink Nectar of the gods!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:29 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi YB I have a handmixer that I like but usually I dig out my blender. The bullet looks very handy - especially the size and the cost.
Thanks Toby for the encouraging words. Toby is right - I'm pretty much a natural girl - exercise, no ciggies etc and not much makeup - although I put on the dog every now and then. Laughing As we all know health starts within. I have my own gardens (next year I'll put in watercress Wink ) and preserve many of my own foods. I'm big on Green Smoothies and green drinks (I use Vitamineral Green and Vitamineral Earth when I can't put a Smoothie together). Spirulina is also a miracle product for the skin - I use Pure Planet brand - as recommended by Jasminerosey way back when. Hyaluronic acid is also a favorite. Oh, I drink wine too Wink Nectar of the gods!

OMG!

You just answered one of my questions i forgot i can ask here Smile) I was looking for the right brand of Spirulina to add to my morning drinks and so far everything i saw on the market have after taste or bad smell. I will check out Pure Planet now.

Thanks a lot!

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Sistersweets you look fabulous! It's so nice to have a face w/ the name--and such a pretty face--not surprised there at all... Thanks for sharing Toby.

I think you look fantastic, too, sis. Very lovely and vibrant. Thanks for the inspirational nudge, Toby (and sister sweets!....) Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was reviewing some of the great things on this thread and a big shout out goes to Sovajo for the link to the Beauty water thread - It's amazing stuff.... My new Love

http://blenditandmendit.com/category/bimi-beauty-water/

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets Holy Cow do you look good!!!! You are going to motivate me to work on my nutrition more. Thank you Toby for posting that picture. It is nice to put a face with a name.You look absolutely incredible!!! Now I am going to look at all your posts and do everything you do! LOL!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 26, 2013 8:29 am      Reply with quote
There's some sexy in those photos. Wink

Sorry for the kind-of necrobump here. I've been forced to fall back on my old stand by of smoothies since my overpriced juicer finally crapped out on me. Don't ask...I grow wheatgrass and I expect a lot of my juicers. I might try a manual one at some point, but right now I just need to focus on smoothies to save my sanity.

Anyway, my question to you guys is: What's good to put in smoothies, as far as powders and 'extras?' I'm particularly worried about my protein intake. (There is a long story here that I will spare you. Short version--I kept track of everything I ate for three days because my mom asked me to. Her doctor made her do this, and I guess she didn't want to do it alone. It turns out my protein intake average was only 11 grams per day for those 3 days.)

I know whey protein is supposed to be the easiest to assimilate. But I've never found a brand I liked. They all have horrible 'flavor enhancers' and too many fillers. Are there any good brands anyone could recommend?

I've also considered spirulina because it's a lot of complete protein by dry weight. I used to take it but then stopped because of the contamination concern. I did some digging, and it seems only a tiny percentage of spirulina has ever been found to be contaminated. On top of that, the level of contamination was ridiculously low. On top of both of those, it seems most of the spirulina supplied to the United States is grown in labs anyway. Any thoughts on any of that? If so, thanks in advance!
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 26, 2013 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chlorophyll,

I always put a teaspoon of Chlorella in my green smoothie. Just to supercharge everything that already in there Smile

Here is the article about the cleanest sources:
http://www.naturalnews.com/040466_clean_chlorella_heavy_metals_lab_tests.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
^Thank you!

I wanted to try to stay away from chlorella because there was some concern over it slowing down b vitamin absorption. But now that you've reminded me of it, I can do some digging on it when I get the time.
8Namaste8

Mon May 27, 2013 11:35 am      Reply with quote
About a year ago, my hubby and I began drinking a green smoothie for breakfast. The results, less fat and more energy!!! We stopped a while ago because of the cold weather, but now that it is warming up again we'll begin making it. Our recipe is:
apple, strawberies, banana, orange juice, spinach, kale, cucumber, blackberries, and carrots. Enjoy!
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I do green smoothies and unfortunately when consumed every day it turned my nails a little yellow, also my face gets a yellow tinge, I assume
from the beta carotene.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |